shape
carat
color
clarity

i try not to judge people, but.,,,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
has anyone notice that tom has the exact ring as katie? isn't this a girl ring? i'm all about my man wearing a few diamonds on the band, but an eternity band? lol...i can say i've never seen it done before. i just thought this was a girls band! lol....what do you think? i think it looks a little "off" on a man... to me, it looks better on katie. i'm currently searching for grooms bands, and its hard to find one that looks just right with the diamonds, so thats why i posted the thread.

both are from cartier

tom's:

tcruiseringfu3.jpg

tcruisering2fn0.jpg

katie's:

katieholmesrc6.jpg

(btw, i love both of katie's bands, but i think it looks funny with both of these rings together in my opinion)

either way, the emerald eternity style ring they have is G-0-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
If my husband insisted on a ring like that, I think I would have to slip it off his finger when he was sleeping and then claim to have no knowledge about how he lost it
11.gif

Seriously, thank goodness my husband would never go for that. It totally looks like a womans ring and I think it looks awful on a man.

There are many ways for a man to incorporate diamonds into a wedding ring and still look masculine. And Tom''s ring is NOT one of them.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
I second that! NOT what I would expect from Maverick!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I adore Katie''s baguette eternity band, but I am with you guys on not liking the way it looks on Tom. It just doesn''t seem like a man''s ring at all.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t bug me one bit. My husband would never, but I think it''s nice to see men being different sometimes.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I kind of like it. I think he can pull it off. It''s cute that they want the exact same ring.

widget

Ideal_Rock
It looks OK to me...but I hope he doesn''t start a trend. Major bling should be reserved for the ladies!

widget

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think each to their own. My husband wouldn''t wear it but I don''t think there is anything wrong with it. I would probably steal it and wear it myself lol!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting!!! I did not know he had the same band. More of a woman''s ring for my taste, but my DH isn''t wearing it so....
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah....as long as MY hubby isn't wearing it!!!
3.gif

(def'ly very girly....but then again, it's been a loooong time since I last thought of Tom as being manly or virile! He peaked as Maverick.)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s that bad. Different. It would really stand out in my town, but probably not in Hollywood. Just think, it could be worse..it could be an eternity band of round diamonds. That would be really "girly" too me...more than the baguettes.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's actually grown on me since I first saw it. I think it works. It looks more glassy than sparkly, with the baguettes. Now, if it were an eternity band of RBs or Princesses, however...

ETA: Now, if this band were on the finger of Diddy, would we even be having this conversation?
3.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2007 3:56:26 PM
Author: musey
ETA: Now, if this band were on the finger of Diddy, would we even be having this conversation?
3.gif
LOL, seriously.

my aunt and her husband both have matching Etoile sprinkled diamond bands.

anyway, I think it looks great. but, I have a preference for men that wear diamonds.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in the big minority - I like it on a man as well as a woman.... I just don''t like tom LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had no clue he had a matching band. It doesn''t look manly on him, but then again, I don''t care for him anyway. Yeah if it was Diddy, we wouldn''t be discussing this I guess. I have nothing against a man wearing diamonds, think it''s cool. But then again my hubby doesn''t even wear a wedding ring.
11.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 11:48:14 AM
Author: innerkitten
Doesn''t bug me one bit. My husband would never, but I think it''s nice to see men being different sometimes.
Tom Cruise is definitely different!
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
it does have a feminine quality to it...not my choice for a guy but hey...to each his own...

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I think Tom''s ring is way too feminine for a guy.

Something like this would have matched and been more masculine IMHO.

band_baguette_mens.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
SuzyQZ, Yes, that would be great for a guy that wants a little bling!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, I think it is creepy. I mention that over in the hang out where it was posted anothers agreed. Too girly for a man!!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I just noticed that Tom''s hands are pretty small, that''s probably why he can wear a woman''s ring and "kinda" get away with it.

If my husband wore an eternity ring like Tom''s it would look ridiculously small on him.

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
My husband actually has an eternity band but he has more platinum above the diamonds and the diamonds are black and white which I think makes it look a little more masculine. My man likes his bling!
NIcole

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeek, that''s a little too matchy matchy for my comfort. He''s a weird guy!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
K...

That ring would be too dinky for Diddy!!!

I agree, my hubby is not a jewelry guy (more for me
2.gif
) so I cannot relate, though I have nothing against diamonds on men generally...I just think this ring looks too feminine.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2007 11:58:37 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/27/2007 10:24:08 AM
Author: asscherisme
If my husband insisted on a ring like that, I think I would have to slip it off his finger when he was sleeping and then claim to have no knowledge about how he lost it
11.gif

Seriously, thank goodness my husband would never go for that. It totally looks like a womans ring and I think it looks awful on a man.

There are many ways for a man to incorporate diamonds into a wedding ring and still look masculine. And Tom''s ring is NOT one of them.
I SO TOTALLY AGREE! ROFLMAO! Its a feminine ring, and does NOT belong on a MAN''S hand.. It looks beautiful on Katie.. but then, what can you expect from a girlie-mon..? tee-hee..
11.gif
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Girlie-mon!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
aside from having the baby, tom is the woman in the relationship...always gushing about katie...womans rings.....small frame.....
11.gif
hmmm makes me wonder if he prefers bikini briefs or thongs.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 3:52:29 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 2/28/2007 12:16:22 PM

Author: NYCsparkle

aside from having the baby, tom is the woman in the relationship...always gushing about katie...womans rings.....small frame.....
11.gif
hmmm makes me wonder if he prefers bikini briefs or thongs.

*gak*
emotion-41.gif

I needed this giggle today. roflmao... bikini or thong.. roflmao
11.gif

TeeHee!!

We tease our one daughter about her thongs. We tell her her thongs don't qualify as undies. They are just butt floss!!
11.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little worried about Marc Antony too, check out his left hand... Lovely solitare... Maybe this is a new trend? *blingdiva* can you help us!
73420102.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I am not diggin'' that ring on Tom, too feminine IMO. My BIL''s wedding ring is a bezel set solitaire, his deceased mothers diamond, and I think that it looks good on him. On my DH though, would not look so good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results