shape
carat
color
clarity

I truly think I found the dress. I really hope so. I am sick of looking! *PICS*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love this dress on you - perfectly flattering, and its a lovely style. Your FMIL was right - it looks like it was "made for you"
9.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That dress looks amazing on you! You have a stunning figure!

eta: I vote no sash

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is beautiful and looks great on you. I don''t think the sash is needed but do what makes you feel best!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Gee, guys! You really are a lovely bunch. Thanks so much for the positive feedback on the dress. I am so exciting to order it now!
runaround1.gif

Then it will probably sit in my closet for a while before I get it altered. I''m not getting married until 2010 but it will feel nice to get this part ticked off of my list.

I do love PS and my virtual girlfriends!
slider_grouphugg.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH IT IS STUNNING. I love it! You''re totally right, this is the dress!!! And the hem/train are so ethereal and TO DIE FOR!

I vote no sash :)

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I love this dress on you! I agree that it looks better without the sash. The sash takes away from the detailing. You are like me- I had such a hard time picking a dress and kept thinking I found the one, then changing my mind.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and you have a great figure!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:57:49 PM
Author: Bex215
Hey there C-tek! Are you by any chance in Philadelphia/South Jersey area? (I noticed you went to Cherry Hill this weekend). If so, can you recommend some places to look for dresses? I have NO idea where to start (or what I like or what looks good on me). Basically, I''m totally clueless. I was going to just go to department stores and see what I come up with! I''m on a VERY tight budget and I tend to prefer a simple, non-fussy (no lace, no beading, no pearls) kind of dress (the wedding is in a botanical garden). Any help would be appreciated
1.gif
Thanks!
Oh I''d be happy to share my dress shopping experiences with you! I do live in the Philly area!

Like I said I found this gown at Countryway Bridal in Cherry Hill. They did seem to have a pretty wide range of styles though they did have fewer of the kind you''re looking for.

I also went to Lily Bridals in Sewell, NJ. While the SA there was nice and everything they didn''t really have a ton of simpler gowns. I only saw the more slinky, garden wedding type gowns as I was walking out of the store. When I pointed them out the SA said "Oh you don''t want those. They aren''t for your kind of wedding. I really think you shoud be in a gown." which I thought was odd because what I had described in my wishes was something more like those on the rack and less heavily beaded like the gowns she had pulled for me. Not to mention that I didn''t think that it was up to her to decide what sort of wedding dress I should have. While overall my experience there was good I felt like they were charging a little too much for what they had.

I really suggest going to check out Sabrina Ann''s Bridal in Ardmore, PA. Its a consignment shop and I had a great experience there. I don''t even think that they require appointments. They do have a website with some of the gowns on it but I don''t know how updated it is.

Before I found this gown I had plans to go check out some of the places that carry Maggie Sottero''s Destinations dresses. By what you''ve said it sounds like those might sorta be what you''re after. I also wanted to go see some additional Watters dresses. I believe that L&H Bridal Shoppe in Philadelphia carries the full line of Watters dresses and Maggie dresses too.

I went to La Bella Moda last night in Conshohocken, PA. I wrote about my experience there in the Sparkalicious''s thread that BB started. They did have a bunch of simpler gowns. From what I''ve heard they are pretty open about selling their samples as well. They did have a 50% rack with a few gems in it. I tried on this super simple Jim Hjelm gown from several seasons ago. It was a timeless style, I feel. I didn''t see the price tag on it but it would be perfect for your style of wedding.

I did go to David''s Bridal in my search (though I forgot to mention it here) and they do have some pretty dresses that are budget friendly. They just weren''t quite what I was looking for. You might want to check them out though. My cousin is wearing one of their dresses for her beach wedding in September. PS member mia1181 wore a David''s dress too and I thought she looked fantastic!

The best advice I can give you is to approach shopping with an open mind. Be firm with the stuff you know for sure (for me it was no pick-ups, nothing too full or ballgown-like) but otherwise just try on as many dresses as you can! Even though you are pretty sure of what you want now you might change your mind once you start putting stuff on.

Sorry for the ramble! I hope this helps.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Awesome dress, it''s perfect for your figure!

I am also not sold on the sash, the dress rocks on it''s own!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress! The sash looks nice, but I think you stand out more without it!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
that dress is gorgeous and looks freaking amazing on you! you don''t need the sash - looks fantastic without!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think you look beautiful in this gown. It''s very elegant! The sash is good but it also looks lovely without the sash...

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
What a GORGEOUS dress... I think it looks great sans sash....but it is a stunner!!!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I really suggest going to check out Sabrina Ann''s Bridal in Ardmore, PA. Its a consignment shop and I had a great experience there. I don''t even think that they require appointments. They do have a website with some of the gowns on it but I don''t know how updated it is.

Bex215- I second the recommendations for Sabrina Ann''s in Ardmore! It''s a great place to get a designer gown for half the price. They let me try on as many gowns as I wanted (I went on a weekday, on weekends I think they do prefer you to make an appointment) and they let you look through the racks (some regular salons pull dresses for you). It''s a good, casual place to start your search.

I didn''t end up buying my gown there (I found one I''d tried on there even cheaper elsewhere online) but would have bought from them if I hadn''t found it elsewhere.

Good luck with your gown search!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! And it looks like it was made just for you!!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful gown! It looks great on you! Congrats on finally deciding! That was one of my final choices as well.

I did see one for sale on Weddingbee yesterday and it is still there for a couple hundred cheaper than Pearl''s Place. I''m not sure what size you are, but it''s a size 6. I don''t think that I can post the link here but if you look under their classifieds section and search in the for sale section, it''s there.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 8:34:43 PM
Author: Rachie
Beautiful gown! It looks great on you! Congrats on finally deciding! That was one of my final choices as well.

I did see one for sale on Weddingbee yesterday and it is still there for a couple hundred cheaper than Pearl''s Place. I''m not sure what size you are, but it''s a size 6. I don''t think that I can post the link here but if you look under their classifieds section and search in the for sale section, it''s there.

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for me! I''m a size 10 bridal so I suppose the 6 wouldn''t work for me. I''ll do a search before I place my order though.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
No problem! Now that I know, if I come across one, I''ll let you know!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Claritek, I was THIS close to getting the same dress!! It really is lovely and I loved how flowy and romantic the train is. I think you look great in it and it definitely suits your figure.

I also agree with others that you don''t need the sash. I think the dress is perfect on it''s own :)

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL! I think the dress looks great on its own, without the sash

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the dress on you and really like the second sash too. That dress was made for you!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You look AMAZING! Your FMIL is right, it looks like it was made for you!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are so kind. The comments are much appreciated!

So... FI and I had a total change of heart about our wedding and now we are trying to find a place for a destination wedding. We decided we weren''t comfortable spending so much money on the one day and would like to be able to roll our honeymoon into the trip. I still plan on purchasing this fabulous gown though.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You look fantastic :) the dress suits you perfectly :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late to the party, but YAY for finding the one!!!WOOT!!!! It looks stunning on you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!

No sash.

You look stunning, even without the bridal hair, makeup, and perfect fit!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
C-Tek, this dress is STUNNING! I absolutely
30.gif
it and you look GORGEOUS! I'm so excited for you. You're totally rocking that dress! Oh yeah, I also vote no sash.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
C-Tek, I also love this dress without the sash. I love the Henry Roth, too, but it is probably too formal for a DW. I was excited for your clambake reception, so the DW you come up with will be equally fabulous. Keep us posted!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:16:34 PM
Author: CrookedRock
That dress fits and compliments you beautifully. I''m not sold on the sash at all, but you look stunning in that dress!
Ditto! It''s gorgeous! I love it!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Purchased from Pearl''s Place 20 minutes ago!

No going back now.

No venue booked. No church booked. But I do have a fabulous gown!

Can''t wait for it to come in. I have no idea how long that will because in my excitement I forgot to ask. Oh well. I''ve got nothing but time.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results