shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried on Halos Today..Yaaayyy!!!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers,

I tried on halos today..OMG they made a 1 carat look HUGE on my finger and oooohhhh the sparkle...

Here is my previous post to catch you up:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-caught-the-halo-bug.158550/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-caught-the-halo-bug.158550/[/URL]

It is so hard for me to decide between the cushion halo and the round halo...I've looked at the pictures over and over again....I can't wait for everyones opinion...Without further ado here are the pics I took this morning at the jeweler First here is the cushion halo, sorry they are blurry they were sparkling like crazy!!!:

PIC_0143.JPG

PIC_0145.JPG

PIC_0146.JPG

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Round Halo the f(irst one was with the wedding band):

PIC_0147.JPG

PIC_0148.JPG

PIC_0150.JPG

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
for some reason i feel that the cushion looks better on your hand. It looks so elegant or something! Both are pretty though.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
DisneyBride828|1303595291|2903629 said:
for some reason i feel that the cushion looks better on your hand. It looks so elegant or something! Both are pretty though.
plus one .... pretty!!!

Sam121

Rough_Rock
another vote for the cushion. it looks great on you!

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Cushion for the win!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Cushion!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the cushion, it looks great on your hand! What are you leaning towards?

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
stargurl78|1303599661|2903677 said:
Another vote for the cushion, it looks great on your hand! What are you leaning towards?

Funny you ask because I am leaning towards the "round" halo :???: the most unpopular vote right now...lol...

I loved them both to point that I am trying to decide which style once I get I'll say "geez, I wish I had chosen the other style" the least...

The cushion looks HUGE..I can't believe I feel like it's too huge. The round still reminds me of what my sweetheart gave me just enhanced..the cushion looks like a completely different ring...I feel like I can "connect" (sounds weird to use a term like this for a non living thing but I know my fellow PSers will understand :D ) more with the round because it isn't completely different from what I already have...you kinda know what I mean?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know exactly what you mean! Both are beautiful and will certainly be a compliment to your 1 carat stone. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly like the round one better!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the cushion! I hear what you are saying, but think that cushion looks great on your hand and if you are going for a halo which is a big change anyway, I'd get the cushion@!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Both look great. It depends on what you want. If you want the sparkle of a round brilliant but want to lose the round shape (its not flattering to all hands), then the cushion halo does the trick. If you want to keep the signature round shape of the traditional engagement ring with just a little framing halo for your diamond, then I'd go with the round.

I wouldn't go with a halo style just to make your stone look bigger, though. I think in the end, you'll be disappointed. As you can see, the halo look is very different than the classic solitaire. But well-designed halos can frame a center diamond very nicely and give it some polish and finesse that you don't get with a simple solitaire. If that's the look you're going for, halos can be great.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny - I initially thought the cushion because the shape looks so pretty on your hand. Then I read your reasoning about the round and am sort of leaning that way. It does enhance what you originally have - the cushion looks like a completely different ring.

They are both beautiful and you truly can't wrong wrong with either - good reasons so go with either one. Sometimes you just have to go with what your heart tells you - what did your fiance think?

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your opinions and advice!

Another thing I am considering is which look will be more timeless, my fiance is being such a good sport about buying me a new setting, I don't ever want to bug him about changing my setting or upgrading if he does it on his on that is one thing but me asking I wouldn't feel right about because I'm already doing it now...lol...so whichever setting I chose I most likely be wearing 40 years from now...

For those that voted for the cushion halo, if you don't mind can you tell me why you think it looks better?

Do you think that one setting is more timeless than the other?

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1303604537|2903728 said:
It's funny - I initially thought the cushion because the shape looks so pretty on your hand. Then I read your reasoning about the round and am sort of leaning that way. It does enhance what you originally have - the cushion looks like a completely different ring.

They are both beautiful and you truly can't wrong wrong with either - good reasons so go with either one. Sometimes you just have to go with what your heart tells you - what did your fiance think?

He liked them both...he joked and told me to do eny meny miney moe...lol...

He understood my likes for both...

I think that is what's making it harder, he's like "you're going to be the one wearing it so it's up to you and whatever makes you happy,I'm happy with..." :???:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Iluvprettyrocks|1303604616|2903731 said:
Do you think that one setting is more timeless than the other?

I'd go with the one that makes your hand look better because a ring that's flattering to your hand will always look classic on you no matter what's in style.

I actually think both are pretty flattering and a lot of people can't pull off a round as well as you do, so if I were in your shoes, I'd choose the one that makes my hand look more beautiful and makes me feel more beautiful and then just enjoy it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
both are lovely but I really like the cushion shaped halo. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You asked what we like best about the cushion ... I think that it really flatters your hand somehow ... hard to explain. I also just prefer that setting because the stone looks more sunk down into the halo ... where the round setting has the center stone sitting more on TOP of the halo.

Both seem timeless to me ... but I understand your desire for the change to look just like a *tweak* to your original ring, rather than an entirely new ring.

(I'd still pick the cushion shaped one though -- cuz I just lurves it more.)

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
AmeliaG|1303601882|2903702 said:
But well-designed halos can frame a center diamond very nicely and give it some polish and finesse that you don't get with a simple solitaire. If that's the look you're going for, halos can be great.

I think that is exactly what I want!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me thinks you're leaning more toward the round - am I right?

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
I agree with most the cushion looks so good on you. As someone mentioned earlier if you are getting halo because of the increase in size, really think about to make sure its something you really want because you may not like the overall look once its halo. Have you thought about using that money for an upgrade instead?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the cushion if it was for myself bc I like the square-ish shapes on me (I almost got a RB in a cushion halo but ended up w/ a princess in a square halo w/rounded corners)

That being said though, its not for me--its for you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the reasoning behind the round halo you discussed and think that it looks fabulous on you. You should go with the round!!

Both are gorgeous and the style you picked is THE EXACT style of halo that i have. I get SOOOO MANY compliments and I SOOO LOVE IT!!!

My one piece of advice, make sure the wedding band can sit flush before you buy (if that is what you want). My halo from WF is set too low and the donut and tapered shank makes it impossible for a WB to sit flush. I am having a custom spacer made and then a shared prong eternity band. I didnt even think about this until it was too late.

I am happy you found something you love and your SO agrees!! Gorgeous :love: :appl:

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
I am feeling a little less confused than I did earlier today...Thanks again everyone! When I first started noticing halos they were cushion halos and I was immediately in :love: The round halos never really jumped out at me until more recently. After going to the jeweler today and trying on both and both of them looking sooo pretty I was just caught off guard because I can't find anything "wrong" with either. So in all honesty I guess I can't go wrong with whatever decision I do make but I just don't want to have any regrets later... like if I pick the cushion will I be thinking about the round and if I pick the round will I be thinking about the cushion...decisions decisions decisions :)

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks|1303611049|2903799 said:
Me thinks you're leaning more toward the round - am I right?

Kind of...because of my reasons mentioned earlier and too I haven't gotten any real reason as to why the cushion looks better...maybe you guys are being too kind...if the round just looks ugly...you can tell me....wait.....ok I'm ready now....I just pulled on my big girl panties :lol: Ok Shoot!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Iluvprettyrocks|1303600202|2903679 said:
stargurl78|1303599661|2903677 said:

Funny you ask because I am leaning towards the "round" halo :???: the most unpopular vote right now...lol...

I loved them both to point that I am trying to decide which style once I get I'll say "geez, I wish I had chosen the other style" the least...

The cushion looks HUGE..I can't believe I feel like it's too huge. The round still reminds me of what my sweetheart gave me just enhanced..the cushion looks like a completely different ring...I feel like I can "connect" (sounds weird to use a term like this for a non living thing but I know my fellow PSers will understand :D ) more with the round because it isn't completely different from what I already have...you kinda know what I mean?
I get what you're saying. I dig the round!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
kristi2011|1303611111|2903802 said:
I agree with most the cushion looks so good on you. As someone mentioned earlier if you are getting halo because of the increase in size, really think about to make sure its something you really want because you may not like the overall look once its halo. Have you thought about using that money for an upgrade instead?

I REALLY like the sparkle of the halo and overall look. But I have to be honest I probably wouldn't have wanted a halo or any change to my setting if my center diamond was 1.5 carats...:oops:

But I think, I don't know for sure though, that the setting will cost less than getting a larger diamond of the same quality.

Plus he'll probably look at me crazy if I mention just getting a bigger diamond at this point, I don't want to push my luck...

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Iluvprettyrocks|1303614020|2903836 said:
kristi2011|1303611111|2903802 said:

I REALLY like the sparkle of the halo and overall look. But I have to be honest I probably wouldn't have wanted a halo or any change to my setting if my center diamond was 1.5 carats...:oops:

But I think, I don't know for sure though, that the setting will cost less than getting a larger diamond of the same quality.

Plus he'll probably look at me crazy if I mention just getting a bigger diamond at this point, I don't want to push my luck...

Lol. I know what u mean about not wanting to push your luck.

I actually had the opposite problem. My ering is 1.75 carat and had always dreamed of having a halo ring not because of size but i love the look of it and the sparkle and of course the extra bling. My fiance is not a big fan of halos so i tried to pleased him. Well after 3 settings I still had my heart set on halos. He finally gave in and said get your halo. By haloing my ring is definitely look a lot bigger. Often time people asked me if its real...hmmm dont really know how to answer that...

I say follow your heart. Only you know what you want. Cushion or round they both look good. Its a matter of personal preference

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results