shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried on Halos Today..Yaaayyy!!!

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Cushion looked GREAT on you!!!

Which ever you chose though, it will be perfect.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you're going for a halo because you want the ring to look bigger, then I definitely think the cushion halo does look bigger on your hand than the round halo. The fact that the cushion halo is squared off at the corners gives it more presence, if that makes sense. (Where's Yssie? I'm sure there's a math-based explanation for this phenomenon! :cheeky: )

As for which is more timeless, I think it's neither--a halo setting will seem timeless to some, and trendy to others, so I say go for whichever you prefer. I really don't think one halo shape will appear more timeless than the other since they're both the same general style.

It really seems like you prefer the round, so I say go for the round! It always has to come down to what you prefer because you're the one who is going to be wearing that ring every day. Everyone is going to have an opinion, but yours is the only one that really matters!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
{quote]I REALLY like the sparkle of the halo and overall look. But I have to be honest I probably wouldn't have wanted a halo or any change to my setting if my center diamond was 1.5 carats...:oops: [/quote]

Ah, then I'd hold off for awhile. That may be the reason you can't decide between the two, because neither of them are what you really want?

What would your FI say if you said you wanted to wait and upgrade to a larger stone later? That would give you time to look some more. You may find that when you find the perfect setting, you never really needed a larger diamond. Or, you may decide, yep, you really want the larger stone. You two have got your whole life together, you've got time. :bigsmile:

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
@AmeliaG

Well that is what we initally decided on (upgrading down the road) BUT then I saw a halo and said forget about the bigger diamond later...

I think if I had of gotten the 1.5 carat from the start I probably wouldn't have been looking for ways to "bling" it out more, but since I got a 1 carat I started looking around at ways to make it "bling" more, so by me surfing the internet I came across "halos". Now that I've seen halos I no longer want a 1.5 carat I want to keep my 1 carat but now put it a halo setting...You see I have the halo bug now and I just can't let go of it :D

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
kristi2011|1303615671|2903854 said:
Iluvprettyrocks|1303614020|2903836 said:
kristi2011|1303611111|2903802 said:
I agree with most the cushion looks so good on you. As someone mentioned earlier if you are getting halo because of the increase in size, really think about to make sure its something you really want because you may not like the overall look once its halo. Have you thought about using that money for an upgrade instead?

I REALLY like the sparkle of the halo and overall look. But I have to be honest I probably wouldn't have wanted a halo or any change to my setting if my center diamond was 1.5 carats...:oops:

But I think, I don't know for sure though, that the setting will cost less than getting a larger diamond of the same quality.

Plus he'll probably look at me crazy if I mention just getting a bigger diamond at this point, I don't want to push my luck...

Lol. I know what u mean about not wanting to push your luck.

I actually had the opposite problem. My ering is 1.75 carat and had always dreamed of having a halo ring not because of size but i love the look of it and the sparkle and of course the extra bling. My fiance is not a big fan of halos so i tried to pleased him. Well after 3 settings I still had my heart set on halos. He finally gave in and said get your halo. By haloing my ring is definitely look a lot bigger. Often time people asked me if its real...hmmm dont really know how to answer that...

I say follow your heart. Only you know what you want. Cushion or round they both look good. Its a matter of personal preference

Yeah, that is definitely where I am now, I don't want a "bigger" diamond, now I just want my original diamond put into a halo setting :)
People asking me if is real was a thought that popped in my head. The cushion looks so big and "blingalious" on my finger that it looks fake to me, the round seem more "realistic" for me. If I get the cushion I have a feeling people will ask me if it's real...

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for answering my question about the timelessness between the two... :D

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Iluvprettyrocks|1303654432|2903994 said:
@AmeliaG

Well that is what we initally decided on (upgrading down the road) BUT then I saw a halo and said forget about the bigger diamond later...

I think if I had of gotten the 1.5 carat from the start I probably wouldn't have been looking for ways to "bling" it out more, but since I got a 1 carat I started looking around at ways to make it "bling" more, so by me surfing the internet I came across "halos". Now that I've seen halos I no longer want a 1.5 carat I want to keep my 1 carat but now put it a halo setting...You see I have the halo bug now and I just can't let go of it :D

LOL, halos can be quite enticing, can't they? :) They're actually my favorite ring style - diamond or no diamond!

You know what? If you haven't done so already, you may want to try on different halo styles to see which one really 'clicks' on your hand and looks more timeless. The style of halo you chose is very attractive and quite blingy but its not the more classic halo style. It looks like it's fuilfilling the current consumer's demand for seeing no metal or as little metal as possible. After reading some threads here about durability issues of thin shanks and halos with little to no metal showing, I'm not sure the 'no metal' look is going to last.

The Tiffany Legacy and the Tiffany Embrace are good examples of a classic halo look but there are several other halo styles between the Tiffany styles and the one you chose.

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
AmeliaG|1303657212|2904010 said:
Iluvprettyrocks|1303654432|2903994 said:
@AmeliaG

LOL, halos can be quite enticing, can't they? :) They're actually my favorite ring style - diamond or no diamond!

You know what? If you haven't done so already, you may want to try on different halo styles to see which one really 'clicks' on your hand and looks more timeless. The style of halo you chose is very attractive and quite blingy but its not the more classic halo style. It looks like it's fuilfilling the current consumer's demand for seeing no metal or as little metal as possible. After reading some threads here about durability issues of thin shanks and halos with little to no metal showing, I'm not sure the 'no metal' look is going to last.

The Tiffany Legacy and the Tiffany Embrace are good examples of a classic halo look but there are several other halo styles between the Tiffany styles and the one you chose.

Thank you for that information but you know what I didn't start drooling over halos until I saw the halos with little or no metal with 1.5mm-1.8mm shanks...there is no doubt those are my favorite :love: :love:

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you all for your input it was a HUGE help to me. I will be sure to post pictures when I get my new halo setting (and my nails done :lol:)!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I personally prefer the cushion, but I do think the round looks better on you :)

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
They both look beautiful on you, but I really like the cushion on you. I can't wait to see what you decide.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote here for the cushion, I don't know ,it just looks right on your finger; but from what I read it seems you have your heart set on the round.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady, you want the round halo, I can just tell. Go for it, then!
I can't wait to see it on your hand!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for round ! maybe because i'm partial since i have one myself .... i always think a halo of the same shape makes the ring more elegant and "real" to me... a cushion is sort of forcing a round stone into looking like another shape... not to mention to me the cushion halo overwhelms the middle stone a little, rather than enhancing it. so i vote for the round !

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1303607284|2903758 said:
both are lovely but I really like the cushion shaped halo. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I totally agree!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
frankiextah|1303685552|2904225 said:

Before I went to the jeweler I thought I wanted a cushion halo but then I saw your round halo and Heb's round halo and you two were the reason I tried on the round halo. Both of your round halos are STUNNING :love: :love: :love:

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1303676334|2904169 said:
Lady, you want the round halo, I can just tell. Go for it, then!
I can't wait to see it on your hand!

Thank you! Hopefully by the time I get it I will have figured out how not to take "blurry" pictures :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow, stunning~

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread.. having a halo.. "round" and then going through the issues we had with the setting (long story) then we decided to upgrade/change the setting before the wedding which is 6/18 (nothing like time pressure) and trying to decide between cushion and round. I went with cushion.. like you I have long fingers.. I just thought it looked better

The vote was pretty telling...here's the thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159715&start&view=viewpoll']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159715&start&view=viewpoll[/URL]

The thing of it is... I also love my round.. now I am trying to decide what to do with my setting... after I get the new one.. a pretty yellow diamond...or a sapphire.. which I love....

Can't wait to see the pictures of your choice!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Cushion, but I'm biased... :cheeky:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the round immediately jumped out at me :love:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I like the cushion better also. I think it looks classy and larger and your have long slender fingers and can definitely hold a larger stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results