shape
carat
color
clarity

I thought I had 6 months to save!!! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/13/2004 12:30:32 AM Mara wrote:

That is a beautiful wedding picture! I really love your dress even though it's not my style, you look lovely in it!! Very princess-like......

My thought on wearing the bands you were married with, that was VERY important to us. We had alot of time to figure out beforehand what we wanted to wear and wear forever. I don't mind if a ring gets gouged or torn up because to me that is how a ring should be worn! Then again I'm also the gal who wears her engagement ring kickboxing, gardening (with no gloves), cleaning out the pet litter tray, etc.
2.gif

----------------

Mara,

This is the 2nd wedding for both of us, so we choose to do things a bit differently.... For her 1st wedding , my BW and her ex got married in a Courthouse...it was easy and they wanted to save the money for a house... It kinda ignored the fact that my BW is romantic

8.gif

I met her near the beginning of a year, so by Xmas I kinda knew her (as much as any man knows a woman

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
)... She had a Brides magazine that was years old that she ocasionly looked at. So, for one of her Xmas presents, I bought her a new, thick Brides magazine... (It was not a proposal)... Boy, did I create a monster!!!!

Just kidding - she loved looking at it and showing me the gowns she liked and asking which I liked. Gave us lots to talk about - one thing I learned was that she had made a wedding gown for her Barbie doll out of some old curtains...And many times I heard that she missed having a wedding the first time.

When I did propose, she was opting for a simple, cheap wedding again...

Even for a guy, I was able to put 2 + 2 together and realize that that was not what we should do this time around.

I "put my foot down" and said we were going to have a nice wedding, with her wearing a white dress (with a long train as she liked), and in a Church (my option) where we would exchange vows. We would have music (she's a musician so that was very important), and a reception for our family and friends.

It took a bit, but that's what we did.

Our rings, the wedding pictures on our walls and at work, and all the neat life experiences we've had are all reminders of that committment we made 7 years ago. We wear our rings all the time, except for cleaning and sometimes when I do mechanical work (safety hazard).

We both treasure our rings - hers is pristine, because that's what she is like, and mine is kinda beat up, cause that's what I'm like.....Somehow we seem to be making it in life...

/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif

Websailor

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
4.gif
Hi, I'm new here, Just stumbled across this forum. I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading your romantic posts and looking at the gorgeous pictures. You have beautiful rings and are a very cute couple. And it's nice to see such a romantic guy.
21.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
bit to my proposal to cflutist.... Since she is a Gemologist, she really knows her diamonds, so there was no way I could get her an e-ring ahead of time (before I did the actual proposal). At least not one that wouldn't immediately get returned, and since she let me know she would like something "more" than what she had, we were talking about a huge rock...

Not very likely a store would be happy about an exchange....and about one chance in a hundred-gazillion that I'd get what she wanted...

She also didn't leave hints (like a piece of paper with all her specs on it), so I was kinda bummed out about the whole ring situation, but was going to propose anyway.....

Let me add in here that cflutist is a quick thinker....

So I did the deed (signed away my singles life, committed to having a continual affair with only one woman
appl.gif
) in a lovely, romantic restaurant, she said "Yes", and then instantly switched her 2.05ct D-VS2 oval ring (from her ex) from her right hand to her left hand.... Bingo, instant e-ring to show everyone..... Hey, she knew she was engaged, and she was going to show everyone!

And let me tell you, that means EVERYONE! The waiter, the bus boys, the hostess, random people coming into the restaurant, people walking along the street by the parking lot, etc... Of course, everyone was thrilled, and gushed over her apparent 2 ct e-ring (which we both knew was really not her true e-ring cause I hadn't even bought one yet!).

Dummy here never even thought of that! Duh, just switch the ring from one hand to the other!

The rest is all history....

#####################################

Well, there's more (not diamond related though) about what happened when we got back home the next day, but I'll leave that for another time...
wavey.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said:
Well, there's more (not diamond related though) about what happened when we got back home the next day, but I'll leave that for another time...

websailor
let's keep P.S. to a G rated site ,some of us is under 18 ........congrats.
9.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Funny!
4.gif
And what a sweet story. She's a smart lady!
16.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
"let's keep P.S. to a G rated site ,some of us is under 18 ........"

BLUSH! What is going thru peoples minds??? /idealbb/images/smilies/eek.gif

Gentlemen NEVER kiss and tell.....

Did cflutist and websailor decide to elope and run off to Las Vegas for a quickie marriage?

Or did they find out they had a new addition to the family, "webflutist" on the way?

Or did a meteorite saturated with diamonds crash thru the roof of their house, thereby solving websailors "huge rock" dilemma and letting them live happily ever after?

STAY TUNED TO THIS CHANNEL FOR MORE OF WEBSAILOR'S AND CFLUTIST'S ADVENTURES!!!! All G family rated, not even racy enough to get a PG-13 rating!

/idealbb/images/smilies/lickout.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/lickout.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/lickout.gif All above said with tongue in cheek smile on my face

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
The diamond meteorite would definately make for some happy newlyweds!
tongue.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Websailor & cflutist,

I've never heard your story before reading this thread, I'm delighted that it got bumped up. Heck as you know when I first returned to PS, I originally thought you guys were neighbors until someone kindly set me straight. LOL.
tongue.gif

What a cute story. Please post updates as they occur, especially if one webflutist enters the picture.
9.gif

All the best to you both. What a cuuuute story and adorable couple.
appl.gif

~Kmom
wavey.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmom, ah thanks (blush). Yes, websailor is a real sweetie. I mean how many other PS couples are there? He's learned a lot about diamonds since he met me but he still refuses to buy me jewelry. He's more interested in sailing and camping.

p.s. think I told you this on a previous post but we honeymooned on the Big Island in 1997 and my step dad was born and raised in Hawaii and is one quarter Hawaiian.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist, I do indeed remember you mentioning that. You must come back to the Mauna Lani for your 10th anniversary.
9.gif

When I recently returned, I was pleasantly surprised to find not only one but two pricescope couples! Let's not forget Alice In Diamondland and Cowboy/Tod/Ricardo. He's a real kick. Took me a while to figure them out too.
rolleyes.gif
I'm getting there, getting there.
tongue.gif

~kmom
wavey.gif

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
My jaws are still dropped!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Thats a beauty.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/18/2004 3:52:07 AM Kamuelamom wrote:

cflutist, I do indeed remember you mentioning that. You must come back to the Mauna Lani for your 10th anniversary.
9.gif

When I recently returned, I was pleasantly surprised to find not only one but two pricescope couples! Let's not forget Alice In Diamondland and Cowboy/Tod/Ricardo. He's a real kick. Took me a while to figure them out too.
rolleyes.gif
I'm getting there, getting there.
tongue.gif

~kmom
wavey.gif
----------------

How neat! I thought we were the only PS couple...

I've been trying to talk Cflutist into a trip to Ohau - she's been spoiled by all the other islands and their nice hotels... I keep telling her it time for an inexpensive trip so she can see what most tourists see the first time.

Plus I'd like to visit Pearl Harbor and some of the other places again....

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Last week we were down in Capitola and drove by the place where we got engaged 10 years ago...wow did that bring back nice memories!

I still laugh when I think of cflutist switching her 2ct D color oval RHR to her left hand for an "instant" engagement ring!!!!! Boy did everyone she showed it to Oooohhhh and Aaaahhh over that stone!!!!

(Disclaimer - technically it might have been 11 years ago, but who''s counting?)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad this thread got bumped too. I hadn''t seen it before either. I asked my self the same question when I saw the ring, "does she wear a wedding band with the ring or is the diamond set with the sidestones an all-in-one? " because I was asking if anyone does that on another thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-it-be-weird-to-do-this.33460/ But I didn''t get tons of responses.

I was so glad to see this exchange: "does she wear a wedding band with the ring or is the diamond set with the sidestones an all-in-one? Just curious since my pear is set with 10 marquise sidestones and I can''t decide if I like it better with my 7 stone wedding band or without it as an all-in-one. If she does wear a band could you post a picture?----------------"

"This is wife of websailor here:
Sometimes I wear a plain 2 mm band with the ring, particulary in the winter time when my fingers are smaller and the diamond has a tendency to turn around on me. Having a wedding band on pushes the ring higher up on my finger so it doesn''t do that. I have also have worn an eternity band (diamonds all the way around) with it but I think it makes it look too busy. During the summer I tend to wear the ring by itself since my fingers tend to swell up in the heat. Overall, I like the ring by itself since I like its simple design which shows off the center stone. I know several women, my mother included, who just wear one ring on their left hand. Its all a matter of choice and what you like. "

Thanks so much, pearcrazy and cflutist! That makes me feel better!

How many others (married) wear a single ring on their left hand? Although I am normally very traditional, more and more I am thinking of having my Eng. diamond set in something and wear it by itself on the left. (Of course I have to find out what my husband thinks too! But the more I can assure him it''s not that unheard of, the more likely he will agree.)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Odilia,

This doesn''t quite answer your question, but it might help - there is a picture of cflutist''s pear with an eternity ring here. Also, have you seen the Show Me Your Pears topic - you might like that.

Cflutist often wears both her e-ring and a right hand ring - she has a variety of different rings for that ranging from a fancy cocktail ring for special occasions, to her "normal, everyday" rings which are quite nice. Just for fun, I dragged this picture over where she is all decked out...(you can''t see her marguise pendant in this pict). She is pretty much all doubled up here (a music joke)

small%20flute%20bling%20P2232019.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous pear!!!
30.gif
Probably one of the prettiest and largest I''ve seen on PS. Take care of it and wear it well!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
21.gif
Thanks platinumrock! BTW, is that a Lab in your avatar?...almost looks like the Yellow Lab I once had. Cflutist is always looking at her ring (okay, I exaggerate, it''s only about once every ten minutes) and she keeps it nicely cleaned. Unlike me, who bangs into everything, she has no problem with it sticking up as high as it does - there are some side views on the board somewhere I think.....

I kid her that it is a lethal weapon - it''s like a velicoraptor claw - one swipe and it will lay you open!

For me, the good thing is that she really likes the stone that she picked out....if she''s happy, I''m happy!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Odelila - hhhhmmmm, guees it was late at night and I didn''t say this before - cflutist normally wears her ring just like you see it in her avatar - all by itself. In winter, it sometimes is looser on her finger, so then she will wear another band with it to keep it from twirling.

I''d say talk about your idea with your hubbie - I don''t think it''s unusual at all, and you are the one who should be happy with your ring or rings.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
I just loved reading this thread, websailor. Romance is not dead! And I just love cflutist''s pear. Scrumptious!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 1:41:17 AM
Author: websailor
21.gif
Thanks platinumrock! BTW, is that a Lab in your avatar?...almost looks like the Yellow Lab I once had. Cflutist is always looking at her ring (okay, I exaggerate, it''s only about once every ten minutes) and she keeps it nicely cleaned. Unlike me, who bangs into everything, she has no problem with it sticking up as high as it does - there are some side views on the board somewhere I think.....

I kid her that it is a lethal weapon - it''s like a velicoraptor claw - one swipe and it will lay you open!

For me, the good thing is that she really likes the stone that she picked out....if she''s happy, I''m happy!

Websailor and Cflutist, you''re very welcome!
2.gif
Yes, my husband and I are proud owners of the hyper-but-never-a-dull-moment yellow lab in my avatar. I don''t blame Cflutist for constantly admiring her ring at all, it''s gorgeous! If I saw that boulder, I''d probably be stalking her (just kidding!) I can just imagine what it looks like in real life....the sparkle and fire must be insane! Heheeee....yes, not only can it cut someone open, it can also bling them to death!
11.gif

By the way, Oprah called and she wants her pear back!
3.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!!!!! Among many things I remember about our wedding, there is one directly involving her ring - did you see the picture of our rings on our wedding invitation on the first page of this thread? When the photogragher, whom we had me several times before, was very well known (think celebrity photos) in the area, and was surrounded by all our guests, asked for cflutist''s ring, she gave him a look like "Are you nuts? What are you an axe murderer????? No way is this ring coming off my finger now!!!!!"

He had to sweet talk her into letting him take the picture, while she watched....eagle eye glued to the ring....

Luckily I was able to stifle my laughter (thinking all the time that all he wants is a picture, he''s not going to run off with her ring.....a guy mentality I guess).

-----------------------

I love Labs...used to have a Golden Retriever before our Labs which no end of antics as it tried to escape to roam the neighborhood at every opportunity....

What a difference! With the Golden. if the door was open 6 inches, all you''d see was a flash of yellow as it streaked out the door. With the two Labs, you could leave the door wide open and carry groceries in from the car in multiple trips, and they would be sitting at the doorstep waiting for you the whole time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results