shape
carat
color
clarity

I think we need another photography thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayan Ruins, Honduras/Guatamala border

honduras (550 x 413).jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bolzano, Italy

Bolzano (550 x 367).jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venetian Mask Store, Venice, Italy

mask (590 x 393).jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, My Favorite place on Earth!!!!

Dis (575 x 383).jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, everyone''s photos are amazing.
LTP--You are killing me with that shot of the chicken. Seriously. I cannot handle seeing that chicken one more time, it looks so incredibly divine!

I have some pictures, though I''m far from being a professional.

Epidavros, Greece

EpidavrosGreeceHavenPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whenever I make the files smaller the photos lose all their vibrant colors. They don''t look that great anymore.

If you look closely, you can see my friend standing on the water.

Pilos, Greece

PIlosGreeceHavenPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mykonos, Greece

MykonosGreeceHavenPS.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

GREAT THREAD! I, too, LOVE the diversity of all the different photos!

This is a picture of Kinkakuji (the Golden Pavilion) in Kyoto, Japan; taken by me when DH and I were there several years ago.

I love how the temple and the trees are perfectly reflected in the still water.

Golden_Temple_Kyoto_Japan.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow... sorry, i didn''t realise that *I* was supposed to have taken the photo!!! Oops sorry about that
38.gif
37.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 7:35:43 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Portia, what size are you making your photos so they are not too big? I seem to only be able to upload smaller ones?
AprilBaby,

Sorry just saw your post. The photos I have are huge... 2-3mb. So I bring them into photoshop and resize them to 800 pixels wide and jpg High quality. Brings most of the down under 100k, but some of them I had to reduce even further.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 8:14:28 PM
Author: robbie3982
My favorite pic I''ve taken of my cutie pie (also my favorite pic ever):

THIS SINGLEHANDEDLY MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE A BABY!!!! Soooo yummy!
30.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
about one hour outside of Bozeman, Montana.

montanahpic1.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 6:17:36 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Holy moly - gorgeous and delicious!!!!!!!!

Vip, what are you shooting with - your pics are amazing?!? Any photos of your setup? More pics of food???

I''m a relative newb to having a food blog - just started it up in February and got the DSLR. . . 3 weeks ago now?

thank you so much! i don''t shoot with anything too spectacular. just my Canon Rebel XTi with the 18-55mm kit lens, tripod and close-up filters for macro shots. for lighting, i use two Lowel Ego table top lights. they are a bit pricey, but they make a world of difference in your photos so it was worth it for me. you can also use the lights to take amazing jewelry photos!
31.gif

i''m not a Photoshop pro either, but i do use Aperture on my Mac to adjust white balances, color saturation, etc...

here''s a photo of a typical setup: depending on the angle and what i''m shooting, i''ll either use construction paper or a pillowcase as a background.

foodsetup.JPG

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a shot of those rice crackers in that setup above:

rcrackers.JPG

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a macro shot of them using a close up filter:

rcrackers2.JPG

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... that''s really cool vip! Your photos look so professional! Is this a hobby or maybe you are a pro?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 10:58:53 PM
Author: portia
Wow... that''s really cool vip! Your photos look so professional! Is this a hobby or maybe you are a pro?

thanks portia! no, i''m not a pro by any means...it''s just a hobby of mine. i love cooking/baking and photography so i figured i''d combine the two.
2.gif
your husband''s photos are AMAZING btw!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
whole wheat pasta florentine with turkey meatballs...i''ve been on a health kick
3.gif

florentinevip.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
lemon cupcakes with a lemon cream cheese frosting underneath the fondant

vipcuppies.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, Vip0802!!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous pics!!! I''ve been looking into those Ego lamps, but haven''t pulled the trigger yet. I get massive hot spots with little spots I use now, so a set of those could help tame it.

Do you submit to foodbuzz or tastespotting or anything?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 7:33:58 PM
Author: portia
C''mon MonkiePie! Aren''t you going to post more photos? I would love to see some more of your work!
36.gif

Most of my recent stuff is model work! I plan to get some good flower macro shots this weekend though - I am making a calendar for Christmas gifts. But I''ll share some more!

This one was from a model shoot I did with two girls and a makeup artist. It''s a series - from the "prey" being stalked, to being bitten, to the new vampire rising from the dead. It was pretty fun!

3821532723_dd35f2abf1.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Vip, those are freaking awesome! The clarity is astounding - it''s making me hungry.

This is a quickie shot in twilight behind my brothers house.

3764287356_fdbdb4dc92.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
One of my fireworks shots from this year - I love going with my husbands family, they know someone who lives almost directly next to the place they shoot the fireworks from, so we are looking almost straight up at them.

3691627832_defaf523da.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
And a lily, from a bouquet my husband bought me a couple months back. I shot this in my kitchen in full dark, camera on a tripod, while shining a flashlight on the flower - long exposure, about 5 seconds, enough time to move the flashlight to illuminate every side of the flower.

3685247047_bd91836d97.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie, Your photos are incredible!! I love to see the model photos since it''s so different, but I also love your flower shots and the fireworks shot is so clear. Amazing!!

vip, love yours as well. So creative!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, portia! I have been slacking off with my photos lately - ever since I got pregnant I just have no drive to be out and running around all day, but I have decided I am going to make myself shoot every weekend now so I don''t lose what I have learned.

Does your husband just do this as a hobby, or has he also done paid work?

portia

Brilliant_Rock
MonkiePie, Yea, I can imagine that would be difficult doing that while pregnant... that would be really tiring! I showed my DH your photos he *really* likes them. He''s actually very interested in hearing how your modeling photoshoots go and how you go about setting that up. He always wants to use me as his model, but I tell him no way unless it''s of my feet!

LOL... boy, I sure do wish my hubby could get paid for his photography work! He is an IT professional that has been out of a job for a 1 year and 2 mos. (not that I''m counting or anything
2.gif
). He has all the equipment and a professional quality Epson printer just taking up space in our condo. He spends lots of time studying photography by frequenting forums and taking online seminars/courses, but never really did much with it this past year.

Seeing Vip''s photos has me motiviated to set up our lightbox this weekend and take some photos of my gemstones (well... I mean... have my DH take the photos of my gemstones) and some of our cooking.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I use ModelMayhem to find my models - you can search locally and they all have a lot of pictures up. All you need is a few unique pictures to sign up and with his talent, he could totally find models easily. I tend to use the models that have less experience to help them build their portfolios, since it builds mine, too. I also am part of a local flick-r group, and one of the guys is really my mentor, teaching me about lighting and external flash. That''s my biggest asset!

Plus, if he does it for awhile, he can advertise himself to do stuff like Xmas card shoots, or senior portraits, and those all pay pretty well once his name gets spread around by word of mouth. Plus that''s the fun stuff - I shot a couple weddings and found I actually didn''t enjoy the stress, even though it pays better.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 9:36:08 PM
Author: fsu1227
about one hour outside of Bozeman, Montana.
Oh I love this picture; it almost brought tears to my eyes to see those gorgeous horses in action but yet so peaceful. So beautiful!

I just LOVE THIS THREAD, you all are fabulous photographers!!!
36.gif
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:45:12 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I use ModelMayhem to find my models - you can search locally and they all have a lot of pictures up. All you need is a few unique pictures to sign up and with his talent, he could totally find models easily. I tend to use the models that have less experience to help them build their portfolios, since it builds mine, too. I also am part of a local flick-r group, and one of the guys is really my mentor, teaching me about lighting and external flash. That''s my biggest asset!

Plus, if he does it for awhile, he can advertise himself to do stuff like Xmas card shoots, or senior portraits, and those all pay pretty well once his name gets spread around by word of mouth. Plus that''s the fun stuff - I shot a couple weddings and found I actually didn''t enjoy the stress, even though it pays better.
Thanks for the info, MonkeyPie! I will pass that on to my hubby. I think he''s mentioned ModelMayhem... it sounds familar. I''ll have him check it out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results