shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I''ve found my stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockyroadrocks

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and we've learned so much, especially from posters like Dave Atlas and Garry Cut Nut. Thanks so much guys! I used to only focus on size, carat weight specifically (but doesn't every girl), until I realized cut was most important. But after weeks of searching, I think we've finally found our stone! It is a

D color
1.33 C
VS2
table % 56
depth % 62
crown angle 33.5
pavilion angle 41.2
crown height 14.5
pavilion height 43.5
strong flourescence
7.05*7.09*4.38

The cut is good as it gets a except for the 1B on the crown angle and pavilion depth using the AGA cut grading system. It also has a 2.5 on the HCA which I know ideally should be under 2. Is this that big a deal though? My concerns are the flourescence which I know can knock down the value, but I'm more concerned about the visual effects. The vendor has told me there is no milky/oily effect. Should this be all, or is there something else to be concerned about regarding flourescence? Also I'm afraid my boyfriend may stretching his budget a bit. At the beginning of our search, we were looking in the $6-7K range. This stone costs a bit more. Can someone put these values in their diamond calculator for me to see if this is a good buy for $9600? I don't want my boyfriend to spend almost 3 months of salary on something that's not worth it. Thanks so much for all the information guys!

Kate

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rocky,

If the vendor says the flo doesn''t make the stone milky/oily, it should be fine.

The angles work as well. The score you got on the HCA is ok, as it is being revised as we speak. In the future, it would be around a 2, and that''s fine.

I see you mentioned this stone is a bit more than you were planning. Is there a reason you''ve picked a D? I ask because if you went to a G, which still is not going to show any color (I own one), you could save a LOT of money. Also, going to SI1 would help even further.

I do realize some people just want what they want, and that''s fine. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of how you could save some money.
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i think you can do better if you go down in color. you can get an awesome cut stone in your budget if you go down in color--to maybe a g or h. you won''t see any color in a g or h stone , especially if its well cut. d is overkill IMHO.

rockyroadrocks

Rough_Rock
I realize that going down in color would save quite a bit of $. But sometimes a girl just wants what she wants.
2.gif
I was just wondering whether this was a good price. I purposely picked up a stone with flourescence just to get it for cheaper.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 1:51:13 PM
Author: rockyroadrocks
I realize that going down in color would save quite a bit of $. But sometimes a girl just wants what she wants.
2.gif
I was just wondering whether this was a good price. I purposely picked up a stone with flourescence just to get it for cheaper.
2.gif

I found one through the cut quality search, 1.28 for 11,567.00. So I''d say you''re paying a fair price.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 1:51:13 PM
Author: rockyroadrocks
2.gif

I also love Ds, it''s understandable! I especially love Ds with flourescence....yum!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results