shape
carat
color
clarity

I think it is divine!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, this is a bad day to post new shots, since Kenny posted his great stones, but I have bought several items (before the diet) and have to post them as they arrive. Plus, I am impatient and this is the stone that I love. LOVE!

This is Lisa's famous tanzanite that I always coveted, never had the audacity to buy, and then thought OK, I have to have one BLUE TANZANITE. Blue. Velvety. Like this one.

I did not even make daytime shots, was busy and the day was so bad... whatever. I shall try to make daytime pics tomorrow. I just had to show it!

tandark111.JPG

crtbox111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I plan to add more photos... the light is not good for this stone, either yellow or pinkish... still

tankit222.JPG

tanof111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... last two
I think it was too dark around - if you look at the background, it is dark. This stone sparkles. It is velvety. It is beautiful. Open to critique, commentaries. whatever. Thank you for viewing. Thank you, Lisa. I love this stone.

Oh yes, and stats: 4.08 ct; 9x 9.37 square.

Sorry for the name of my post, it is just a rare situation when I want to show you this stone and say "I love it! I think it is great!" I guess blue is the color of love... :D

tanpuf222.JPG

crtanz555.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's simply beautiful. Are you planning on setting it and if so, how?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, Matata...Thank you...OK, simply beautiful.

Tomorrow I am going to my jeweler ... to check on another stone being set. If I like the setting, I shall digress from my usual style and set it in diamonds. It will be a pendant.

Seriously, my surprise comes from the fact that I always thought tanzanites were inferior stones. Soft, purplish, like a bad verson of amethyst. And all of a sudden I saw that they could be beautiful. Plus, I like blue stones. And the tone is exactly what I like.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahoooo! You are right! Simply divine! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh i love that color!~ :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, stci.
Sarahbear - this is exactly how my face looked like when I opened the box.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1291183841|2783839 said:
Seriously, my surprise comes from the fact that I always thought tanzanites were inferior stones. Soft, purplish, like a bad verson of amethyst. And all of a sudden I saw that they could be beautiful. Plus, I like blue stones. And the tone is exactly what I like.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. First time I saw a blue tanz I thought it was a sapphire. Had no idea tanz came any other way than purple. And, I love your idea of setting it with diamonds. My absolute favorite combo of stones is blue and white. Simply divine.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous! I love tanzanite and typically get ones that are more purple, but this is a really nice color.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeously velvety. :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how GORGEOUS!!!!! :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! The color is velvety and rich and deep but not overly dark. It is the nicest tanzi I have seen. I love the cut and the color and I am so glad you posted it. Congrats on your beautiful new stone. Simply lovely and absolutely DIVINE!!! :love: :appl: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A good quality tanzanite is a gorgeous velvety blue and yours looks like one, even though your lighting appears dark. I can’t wait to see your outdoor (natural lighting) pictures of it.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing more photos, and hearing how you decide to set it. :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a GORGEOUS colour - so rich and inviting :love: :love:

Can't wait to see your pendant crasru!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you, Crasru, it is divine and there is nothing that can improve that color! I will spend my life in search of stones that color. Absolutely, without a doubt, gorgeous. It is great when you fall in love but restrain yourself - as you said you had been eyeing it for a while, then finally buy it and it is even more beautiful than you imagined. Good for you!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Totally gorgeous color and I also love the shape! Enjoy!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! :appl: :appl: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful color!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Matata, Jstar, Yssie, LG, Ooo-Shiney, Treenbean, Aoife, Minousbijoux, Spirit, JewelFreak, Chrono, and TL.

Minousbijoux - It is true! I fell in love with this stone, and Lisa said it was really good material, but at that time, I was buying a tsavorite and a rubellite and also did not know much about the tanzanites and naively thought that if they came in purple, they could easily come in blue. So far this one is the bluest I have seen. Lisa offered me a choice, she had another one, which had round cut and was a little bit more purplish, but I went for this one. It is also pretty large so in general I am pretty happy with my acquisition.
BTW - does your name come from Minos, the legendary King of Crete? (Who later was one of the three judges in the Underworld?). He had plenty of gold and gems,and in general was very rich, so it is a good screen name. Or is it just a coincidence?

Chrono - you are absolutely right about my photography! One of these days I have to invest more time and $$ into it. My biggest problem is lack of daytime, and days are bad here anyhow, something always drizzles from above. I even wanted to invest into blue light SAD lamps that are sold at Costco - has anyone tried them for photography? I thought that it would be a good way to treat seasonal affective disorder (you need only 20 minutes per day) while taking photographs. (Seriously! As long as they have the right spectrum it could work very well, because they are very bright, over 6000 LX. And if they don't work for photography, one quarter of people responds to SAD therapy, so you have not spent $$ in vain). =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice try on the name! Any french speakers should recognize it - "Minou" is the french equivalent of "kitty," but it seems that almost every language has a name similar...

Back to your tanzanite - you totally deserve it! A 4 carater too!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty blue tanzy. Love the color. :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Flygirl and Alene!

Minousbijoux - I was a French speaker a long time ago, at school, but first and foremost, I am nuts about Ancient Greece, so everything remotely resembling it rings a much stronger bell!

I left it with my jeweler today to mount in a pendant. One question however. I suppose it has to be closed gallery to protect soft stone. Am I right? To close back of the stone means make it darker and I would like to avoid it. Any advices, fellows?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is a gorgeous stone!!! I have a very pretty tanzanite that is part of a pendant but it leans more toward purple. I would love to have one that is more toward the blue side. I wonder if Lisa has any stones similar to yours in color. Course I see she is leaving tomorrow so I guess I will just have to wait until she gets back.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
crasru|1291246733|2784557 said:
Thank you, Flygirl and Alene!

I left it with my jeweler today to mount in a pendant. One question however. I suppose it has to be closed gallery to protect soft stone. Am I right? To close back of the stone means make it darker and I would like to avoid it. Any advices, fellows?

I think that's a record from delivery to jeweller :) Because it's cut to correct angles, most of the light that comes in the top will bounce back out. A closed gallery isn't as important on a pendant, but it also won't darken the stone very much.

Lisa - off to Tanzania in the morning
www.lisaelser.com

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning stone! I also LOVE blue

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely! :appl:

The saturation is amazing! :cheeky:

But I noticed that you also have a recently set blue sapphire, and since I don't want you to get blue-eyetis (a terrible disease.Tragic, really) I will graciously take this one off your hands.

I know, it's a sacrifice, but I'm willing to do it for you Crasru, my new best friend. :naughty:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Cindi1 and Amysbling!

iLander - thank you. I do get high on blues stones, it is true. Apparently I have more blue-sensitive cones in my retina. If you lived in Seattle, we could exchange gems and wear each other's for a week or so. I would be wearing your emerald, and you my sapphire. I do not know how you look, but something prompts me to think that I would be wearing your ring on my pinky, and you'll be wearing mine...around your waist, I think. :lol: (It is also oversized. My fingers go up and down at least one size).

Lisa - thank you! Have a safe trip to Tanzania! Br-ing ba-ack mo-ore sto-o-o-nes (hopefully she hears me). :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results