shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I need an anniversary reality check

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
First of all, happy anniversary!

I have a Sony digital reader, and I love it very much. So please, give it a chance. Now, I''m a huge reader...but I''ve found that even as much as I loved to read before, I love to do so even more.

I understand your desire for a Fendi bag...as a bagaholic myself, there is very little that thrills me more than a fresh from the box designer tote. But, purses are expensive. I highly doubt, even with a generous sale, that anything Fendi is in the same price range as a Kindle. Maybe your DH did look at the Fendi stuff and realized that although you love the brand, a key-fob seemed "cheap" for the price. Maybe he had a budget in mind, maybe nothing worthwhile fell within that...maybe he wanted the most bang for his buck. Who knows. But a Kindle is an amazing gift...it won''t take long to learn to use...and even if you only read a book a year, it''s a wonderful experience.

I think that you should realize your incredibly lucky to have a DH who adores you, and understand that is the real point of an anniversary. It isn''t really about the gift at all. Some women only get flowers, some men don''t even remember, other couples celebrate the milestone with a special dinner out...consider yourself ahead of the game for being gifted lavishly at all.

On a side note...don''t measure your gifts against anyone elses. It''s not fair to anyone. People have different means and different priorities. You can absolutely show the Kindle off. It was, after all, one of Oprah''s favorite things.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
"Something I could show off"?

So basically you were hoping to impress your GF''s with Fendi? Wow. I guess I $300 ebook just doesn''t cut it in your world. I think the fact that he is so inordinately proud of the gift he picked is really special. You can show him how special YOU are by not making him feel like a jerk. I have a Kindle (bought it myself when they were still $400) and I would have loved it as a gift. It''s not "techie" it''s a luxury. He bought you something that most people would think a teacher would like (and you mentioned you thought they were cool). The man isn''t a mind reader. Next time you have something in mind, you need to TELL him that''s what you want. It''s not realistic to make your mental list and then condemn the guy for not polishing his crystal ball
2.gif

You won''t have to learn to use it, my 78 year old mother figured it out.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love a kindle (I''m saying that on the 1 in a million chance TGuy is lurking.)

IMHO it is the PERFECT 1st anni gift!

It IS frivolous and impractical. $300 device to read books? Yeah, a luxury for sure.

And guess what? 1st anniversary gifts are supposed to be paper...how CLEVER of him to give you the modern update to the book, i.e., PAPER!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 1:25:29 PM
Author: tlh

Enjoy the kindle. You are getting the practical AND the frivoulous. Hold close the memories of the trip... and take lots of pictures... and print them off. It is THE PAPER ANN... so the kindle is actually quite clever.. in that it is an electronic.. BOOK.
2.gif
Ha, tlh beat me to it!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 10:12:35 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''d love a kindle (I''m saying that on the 1 in a million chance TGuy is lurking.)

IMHO it is the PERFECT 1st anni gift!

It IS frivolous and impractical. $300 device to read books? Yeah, a luxury for sure.

And guess what? 1st anniversary gifts are supposed to be paper...how CLEVER of him to give you the modern update to the book, i.e., PAPER!

ditto this!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
After 11 years of marriage, I buy gifts for myself and tell my hubby what he got me for my birthday/anni/Xmas.

From now on, I would drop massive hints as it''s not fair to expect him to find the perfect, heartfelt give every holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results