shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I finally found the stone! Final thoughts before trigger?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course. But her girlfriends won't ask her what the spread is. They'll ask her how big it is (carots) and will comment on how big it looks on her finger. Honestly, I didn't even realize the spread was a thing until I came over to PS.

What carat size diamonds do her friends wear? Are their diamonds Ideal Cut, and sourced from a PS Vendor?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What carat size diamonds do her friends wear? Are their diamonds Ideal Cut, and sourced from a PS Vendor?

The point I’m trying to make is that the diamond you are purchasing is going to be superior quality to anything any of her friends are wearing, unless their man found their diamonds, here.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of her friends's boyfriends are bankers, consultants and software engineers. From my understanding it'll be custom rings, tiffany and Harry Winston.

What is the mean size of the diamonds on their hands, right now? What is the “competition”?

latte_espresso

Rough_Rock
Premium
I haven't exactly evaluated their fingers. Assuming proportionate body composition, they're all relatively similar in body size.

I'll also be the first to get engaged within her close friend group, so part of me want to set a high standard. We also have dated the longest amongst all her friends.

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
@mistawow
The the video is a lil small I can't see the inclusion. Maybe if you have another video where the diamond Is not so far away? Seems like this is a diamond from CBI.. am I correct?

When you see it in person do you think the inclusions are obvious or acceptable? Are they black inclusions?

latte_espresso

Rough_Rock
Premium
@mistawow
The the video is a lil small I can't see the inclusion. Maybe if you have another video where the diamond Is not so far away? Seems like this is a diamond from CBI.. am I correct?

When you see it in person do you think the inclusions are obvious or acceptable? Are they black inclusions?

May I ask how you guessed this diamond to be a CBI diamond? I did try to conceal the brand given this forum’s strong loyalty towards certain brands.

They were clear crystals, I thought they were ok, but wanted a few people who wear rings to chime in on their thoughts on inclusions.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask how you guessed this diamond to be a CBI diamond? I did try to conceal the brand given this forum’s strong loyalty towards certain brands.

They were clear crystals, I thought they were ok, but wanted a few people who wear rings to chime in on their thoughts on inclusions.

I knew it was CBI due to the static photo, and other images you posted: ASET, IS, H & A, etc. It all screams CBI.
That’s why I posted alternatives from the same vendor, and one outside vendor.

The video makes it difficult to see the inclusions, esp since it’s in almost constant motion, and farther away than 6-10” away.

skydiamond88

Rough_Rock
Yes all the photos you posted are the type of
photos on CBI HP diamonds website. And then the date of the certificate is the same as all the new diamond arriving at CBI very recently so that was the give away

I personally think if it's clear crystal it should be ok. Although it's right above the arrows might make it easier to spot as the clear crystal is usually whitish on top of black arrows.
The problem is expectation. Not sure how open your gf is to inclusions..

Maybe you can ask her what she prefers?

A larger stone with clear inclusions or a smaller but totally eye clean stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be shooting for a VS stone on any stone over 1.5ct. My wife's 3.34ct is an SI1, but then we are old, so it doesn't take much to fool our old pair of eyes. :lol:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't exactly evaluated their fingers. Assuming proportionate body composition, they're all relatively similar in body size.

I'll also be the first to get engaged within her close friend group, so part of me want to set a high standard. We also have dated the longest amongst all her friends.

An ideal cut diamond will always set a high standard. I had an old coworker who got engaged and showed up with a 2 carat Tiffany ring. It was BIG...and that was kind of it. The diamond didn't have quite the fire. Since you are going for larger and ideal cut, you're already setting a high bar.

As for the social circle, the friends will always be competing to top the last ring. I got engaged with a 1.3 F; friends and coworkers afterwards seemed to be going for a 1.5 carat and above. I even told my future BIL to get my SIL the larger H 1.5 carat vs the F 1.3 carat...since I knew my MIL would be comparing whether her daughter got a larger diamond than her daughter in law, lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a crystal ball. ;)). Work with Wink he'll be honest with you about his stones. You can trust Wink 101%.

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock

I love this messageboard/ forum. This is real talk. All the wedding board (wedding bee etc) patrons get so upset when someone is wanting to get a certain carat/ quality of diamond because they claim it’s shallow. As a girl on the other end.. I know it’s ridiculous to spend crazy amounts on a diamond, but I can’t help it and it’s something I’ve dreamed of my whole life. You guys are sooo helpful on here. I’m so happy I found this board!!! :cry2::cry2:

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most vendors have distinct photography style, saturation and editing. The first thing I did was look for it on the CBI website, most regulars would quickly identify the brand just from the photos. Also interestingly that this diameter is clearly larger than what they photograph, hence the white ring in the ASET!
Shame about the crystal, I'm sure another will show soon.

I know this is 1.6k above budget, but it's a significant size increase, and looks cleaner to me than the SI1 crystals.

If the wisps have passed WF quality check for transparency, it looks to check all the boxes. Although I'm aware creeping up the budget isn't great, but these suitable H colour eye clean massive rocks don't appear every day.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3227683.htm

Last edited:

latte_espresso

Rough_Rock
Premium
Guys! Quick update. I have decided to pull the trigger and purchased the ring! I spoke with Melissa, and I should expect it to arrive in 4-5 weeks! I am extremely excited, and will be posting pictures once it arrive!

We went to Zales earlier this week to get her finger sized, while also looking at the diamond selection they carried. They showed us a lot of I1 and I2 clarity diamonds, which I did not even know existed. To my very pleasant surprised, my girlfriend only noticed the inclusions in the I2 diamond which ended being extremely cloudy. So I am confident that she'll be extremely pleased with the CBI :)

P.S., I also had her look at slightly smaller diamonds, this way I can manage her expectations when this one comes! :p

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Threw me off with the name change - congrats and can't wait to see the finished product!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results