shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I finally found my pendant stone! Opinions welcome!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So after a lot of patience and months of searching I think I finally found my forever stone for my first (and last!) MRB pendant. I have never had the privilege of owning a Whiteflash ACA, but after reading so many rave reviews about them from many of you I decided to give it a try! I finally pulled the trigger today and will be receiving the loose stone early next week. I am planning to have BGD set in their platinum Barbara bezel setting. The stone looks amazing; it is an F VS1 (overkill, I realize, but then again it is my forever pendant!). Many thanks to everyone who has recommended Whiteflash over the years and I am also grateful to everyone who weighed in on my pendant setting dilemma recently as well. To say that I am over the moon excited would be an understatement!!

I feel really good about this selection, but I realize there are many on this board who are far more knowledgeable than I am, so if anyone sees any red flags, concerns, reservations, etc. please feel free to speak up! I have waited quite a while to find this stone, and I am certainly willing to wait a bit longer if this is not it!

Here are the stats:

DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS
Depth % 61.9
Table % 55.8
Crown Angle 34.2
Star 52.0
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Crown % 15.1
Lower Girdle % 77.0

Many thanks again, everyone!! :)

aset_38.jpg

_38670.jpg

h_amp_6.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I think I finally found my pendant stone! Opinions welco

It should be beautiful - what size is the stone?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

You can't go wrong with an ACA! Congrats! Can't wait to see the finished product!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay!!! :appl: it'll be beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It will be beautiful!!! Cant wait to see the final product!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks, all! As this is my first Whiteflash ACA experience I am so excited to see it that I could jump out of my skin!

MissGotRocks, it is a really nice size, 1.8... I was going to go a bit smaller but this one just jumped out and grabbed me. I figured that the goal is for this to be a one-time pendant project that I can wear indefinitely, so go big or go home! :loopy: Anyway, here is a link to the stone and another image as well:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3753621.htm

_38672.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - 1.8! That is going to make a serious, gorgeous statement piece! I can't wait to see it finished - congrats!! Sure to be a beauty!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats to you--that is going to make one amazing ACA pendant! :appl: I love all my ACA stones and hope you will feel the same way! :wavey:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MGR and m-2-b, thank you so much! I am b-e-y-o-n-d excited!! I currently have one (very inexpensive) pendant (the open heart melee type) that I absolutely love and have worn practically every day since my husband gave it to me for Valentine's Day 13 years ago. It has a lot of sentimental significance and I will continue to wear it! However, I have pined for a classic bezel pendant for many years and I am excited to have my first ACA as well! :twirl:

I have gained so, SO much information from this forum and I am so grateful for all of the expertise shared by this group. So thank you again for the feedback... it really means a lot!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.