shape
carat
color
clarity

I think he talked to my dad!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Ok, so here is the thread I promised with the new developments. (sorry so long!)

Honestly, since I''ve gotten bad news at work, that I''m being let go next month, and all sorts of family drama happening with FF''s family, the whole engagement/proposal stuff hasn''t been on my mind nearly as much lately. However, my dad (love him!) spilled the beans just a bit the other night, which sent my mind racing right back to all those sparkly thoughts!

I was on the phone with my dad because he was helping me revise my resume (since I''ll be needing a new job pretty quick). At the end of the conversation, he asks me if I''ll be talking to FF later that night. I say yes, and ask why. He says "well he called and left me a voicemail today wanting to know if I wanted to have dinner with him sometime this week, and I haven''t gotten back to him, so can you tell him that I''ll call him tomorrow and hopefully we can do dinner tomorrow night?"

Me: (silent)*blink*.........*blink blink*.........* "mhmm, sure dad, I will tell him that......"

So after I hang up with my dear (oblivious) dad, I call my mom (who is out of town this week) I tell her the situation to which she replies, "Oh no, I can''t believe dad was so dense!" Then she agrees to call my dad first thing in the morning and tell him whats going on. Because if FF found out that my dad had told me this, he would be so upset, he''s trying so hard to keep this all a secret from me!
So last night (the night they were supposed to have dinner) I had a work dinner ( I work out of town all week) so FF told me that he had deadlines and was having to stay late at work. Now, in almost 2 years of working at this company, he''s never stayed this late...and how convinient that it was the night he was supposed to have dinner
28.gif

So anyways, sorry this post was so long! I''m just really excited now. And trying very very hard to keep my mouth shut! My sis thinks it''ll happen at Thanksgiving since my family and his family will be around :) Thanks for reading!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such awesome news!

Also, good luck with the job search. *dust* for both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippy!

That is such a Dad thing to do
9.gif
...my Dad probably would have done/said the same thing. They are just
so out of it sometimes!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
aww thats such a funny and ''dad'' thing to do!! lots of *~*~*~*DUST*~*~*~ coming ur way!!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
**Fingers crossed** and lots of ~*~*~*~*~DUST~*~*~*~*~ for you!!!

My mom spilled the beans, purposefully, within 12 hours of A asking her permission. Now I''m just sitting here waiting for him to ask *ME*!!!

Princess_Dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the dust ladies! And yes, now I will just be sitting here trying not to let him know I found out, and waiting for him to ask ME! (Although I probably won''t be very patient about it.....at least not on the inside!!!)

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, how funny! And how EXCITING!!!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo congratulations on the progress .. ***DUST DUST DUST***

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! I hope it''s real soon for you Princess!! ****DUST DUST DUST****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results