shape
carat
color
clarity

i stole this Lange & Sohne watch...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Tim,
Saw your engagement pics posted on another thread...you make a handsome couple! So what watch are you wearing in your pictures?I thought it might be a stainless model from I.W.C?What other companies have you collected? We can always use another watch collector on the site!JM

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TimMD|1318653261|3040757 said:
DF, congrats on the BEAUTIFUL new watch!!! I haven't been on PS in a while because I have been myself consumed in my watch collection and up to about 16 quality watches now (and a handful of fun watches). Although you are a MUCH braver man than myself!! I am glad it all worked out and when you are ready to unload that watch at the same great price you got it for, let me know!!

I second your recommendation on Zenith, the next on my list is the Zenith Open El Primero, although I think I have a different "next" every week or so. You definitely can't go wrong with Zenith and that is a great watch for that price range.

Thank you for sharing the story and pictures!
Tim...i just might do it some day ,b/c i really love the RG.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
DF, you know where to find me when you go for the RG and want to move the PT (the RG version is a gorgeous watch but not my style).

JM, thank you for the compliment and I am not sure I even want to answer your question as it is quite embarrassing to even admit what I am wearing in that pic. Whereas I do have an IWC portofino, that unfortunately is not it in the picture. We took those pictures literally 2 hours after getting off the plane (TX to FL) and when I fly I usually wear "fun" watches because I once left a watch on the security belt that "disappeared" by the time I realized I left it. Because I was still under my valium cloud (NOT a fan of flying) I didn't change clothes or watches for the picture and that is a Jacques Lemans Geneve Classique. A guy that claims to be a watch aficionado and then is caught in pictures in a JL? Yea, that is me. I am still an aspiring watch collector (just started buying about 3 years ago and now that I am married likely can't continue this pace I have recently set) , trying to move up the ranks and having fun along the way experimenting with "lesser known" brands and learning as I go. Along those lines, I am a fan of Louis Erard (although hard to find) and have a 1931 chrono and reserve de marche. I also have a few Maurice Lacroix watches (whom I love), my fav being a masterpiece and a rectangular pontos. I have a Baume Mercier Rivera chrono and classima executive. I have a Tag Link (first watch) and once when I was much more naive was swindled into buying a few Tourneau brand watches (although I admit the gotham is pretty cool). I am in the process of getting a limited edition Breitling Transocean (probably could better spend that money on my zenith). I am DEFINITELY not on the level of DF with the A. Lange and Patek but I definitely appreciate them and probably will top my collection one day with that A. Lange once DF sells it to me :Up_to_something: hahahaha And I DEFINITELY want that Zenith, just still in the drooling stage any time I travel and check out the cities finest watch establishments (I might as well add the JLC Master Control Ultra Thin to that list). I lurk daily on several different watch forums, not sure why I lurk and don't join but likely because I still have A LOT to learn and just enjoy reading the posts.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TimMD|1318664141|3040808 said:
DF, you know where to find me when you go for the RG and want to move the PT (the RG version is a gorgeous watch but not my style).
Tim...will let you know if/when i find a nice RG... ;))

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nice score DF!!! Love that watch.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1318710904|3041122 said:
Nice score DF!!! Love that watch.
thanks SD.. :wavey:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I missed this while I was away. LOVE! LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's amazing and my new fav watch of yours.

Can you adopt me please? I'm in child's play compared to you right now!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1318638114|3040630 said:
Le sigh.

Far too beautiful and expensive.

I'd love a moon phase watch for my next birthday, but under $5k.

Got any recommendations DF?

Hi Rosetta, I just got the one on this thread (I posted it on Jewelry)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-tgals-watch.167098/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-tgals-watch.167098/[/URL]

It was $4800 SRP before the latest price hike that DF alerted me to, but you should be able to get it for way under $5000 still! It's a Zenith.

I love Blancpain, but it was out of my budget, even if I had 5K to spend, which I didn't want to do.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
maplefemme|1318602391|3040214 said:
What a stunning watch, the back reminds me of constellations, it's a work of art!

My thoughts exactly! Congrats, DF! It's beautiful.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1319037521|3043485 said:
rosetta|1318638114|3040630 said:
Le sigh.

Far too beautiful and expensive.

I'd love a moon phase watch for my next birthday, but under $5k.

Got any recommendations DF?

Hi Rosetta, I just got the one on this thread (I posted it on Jewelry)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-tgals-watch.167098/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-tgals-watch.167098/[/URL]

It was $4800 SRP before the latest price hike that DF alerted me to, but you should be able to get it for way under $5000 still! It's a Zenith.

I love Blancpain, but it was out of my budget, even if I had 5K to spend, which I didn't want to do.

TG...i'll take your Zenith over the Blancpain any day of the week... ;))

thanks KittyGO.. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results