Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

i stole this Lange & Sohne watch...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
about 4 months ago on the watch forum i posted a (WTB Lange 1 with moon phase in either RG or PT). a guy from NY emailed me and said he might want to sell his PT Lange 1 with MP and asked me would i be interested in buying his PT watch,i said yes,how much are you asking for the watch?. he quoted a price then i said.. i'll get back with you if i am interested. meanwhile i bought a new computer and i lost his email. then out of the blue, about a month ago, he sent me an email asking if i was still interested in his watch. he was willing to come down on the price. i asked him what was his best price ,then when he quoted me the price i was suprised ... :o little does he know he quoted me a price that was $3K lower than what i was willing to pay.. :bigsmile: . i love buying these low milage watches from collectors who owns many watches. most of their watches don't receive much wrist time. they just alternate them every month. the RG model would be my first choice but i can't turn down a PT model at close to RG price.. :appl: the watch is 4 yrs old but still in Ex condition and comes with all the accessories like a brand new watch.

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

P1010122.JPG
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,978
Wow, what a work of art. :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Was the back removed for those pics or is it a sapphire back?

What do all the dials show?
 

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
6,186
Wow, and I'm not easily impressed. That's a dream watch if ever there was one. Congrats!
 

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
10,294
Understated elegance... very classy, DF! Wear it in good health!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
kenny|1318566954|3039959 said:
Wow, what a work of art. :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Was the back removed for those pics or is it a sapphire back?

What do all the dials show?
Kenny
yes, a sapphire crystal back. the power reserve gauge at 2-4 o'clock and the moon cycle,second hand at 5 o'clock.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
Imdanny|1318567815|3039967 said:
Wow, and I'm not easily impressed. That's a dream watch if ever there was one. Congrats!
Danny...both watch with the same functions one auto and one manual wind.

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG
 

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
735
DF - that is a truly amazing watch! Thank you for sharing the photos with us. Enjoy it! That is gorgeous!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
21,163
HI:

Brat with the Patek (but it is gone?). DOUBLE brat for this Lange! JEALOUS doesn't even come close to how I feel. BUT in a good way for you! Congrats! Fine fine jewellery at its best! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,163
Wow, I LOVE a great deal on luxury items!!! That is a beautiful watch. I am at my watch limit, but I'd have you shop for me if I were in the market for one! This is really the best way to buy that kind of item. A friend of ours recently bought a Porsche 911 from a man who had several, and it only had 14,000 miles on it and he got it at half the original cost!
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
nice watch :) and so awesome that you got it for a good price!
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
What a stunning watch, the back reminds me of constellations, it's a work of art!

I dated a guy once who was a hardcore fine watch collector. He had the strangest quirk, he'd never put his wrist down on a table when we went out for dinner, or at his office desk. He said he never puts his wrist on tables because it scratches his watches. I thought he was ubsurd, but maybe he's one of many? I had the overwealming urge to wrestle his arm down :lol:
He'd also never wear a coat, even in -40 degree winter, for the same reason; the cuffs would scratch his watches...
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
22,518
Wow...really nice! And I'm not a watch person but I would love to wear that!
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
canuk-gal|1318597122|3040161 said:
HI:

Brat with the Patek (but it is gone?). DOUBLE brat for this Lange! JEALOUS doesn't even come close to how I feel. BUT in a good way for you! Congrats! Fine fine jewellery at its best! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon
<-----i sold my avatar to buy a moon phase model.in my heart i really wanted a RG Lange 1 MP but i can't turn down a good deal on this PT watch.this is the RG model...what ya think?

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=1628517&mid=5620350&rid=19676&rev=&reveal=
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
here was the scary part of this deal...

i was asking myself this Q...he's from Long Island N.Y. and he shouldn't have any problem selling the watch at his asking price,so why would he contact me? :confused: NYC is the watch capital of the U.S.

anyhow, i agreed to sent him a bank cashier's check, i was expecting him to ship me the watch right after he had received my cashier's check,but he said...the check will take 7 business days to clear his bank and he'll be out of town for a few days after that. i ask him to call his bank to see if the check had clear (which it had according to my bank) before he heads out of town.i call him and Emailed him and his reply was...please stop leaving messages on my phone and don't keep Emailing me ,i will ship the watch when i get home.now i'm thinking i just got scammed big time, all i can do is wait and pray hoping he is a honest person... :(sad then last Friday he emailed me a USPS tracking # but i was still worry. i'm thinking "no watch inside the box" ::) i went to pick up the watch on wednesday and i cut the box open in front of the post office clerk and the watch was inside... :appl: what a relief!!.. :bigsmile:
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,978
Dancing Fire|1318620172|3040420 said:
here was the scary part of this deal...

i was asking myself this Q...he's from Long Island N.Y. and he shouldn't have any problem selling the watch at his asking price,so why would he contact me? :confused: NYC is the watch capital of the U.S.

anyhow, i agreed to sent him a bank cashier's check, i was expecting him to ship me the watch right after he had received my cashier's check,but he said...the check will take 7 business days to clear his bank and he'll be out of town for a few days after that. i ask him to call his bank to see if the check had clear (which it had according to my bank) before he heads out of town.i call him and Emailed him and his reply was...please stop leaving messages on my phone and don't keep Emailing me ,i will ship the watch when i get home.now i'm thinking i just got scammed big time, all i can do is wait and pray hoping he is a honest person... :(sad then last Friday he emailed me a USPS tracking # but i was still worry. i'm thinking "no watch inside the box" ::) i went to pick up the watch on wednesday and i cut the box open in front of the post office clerk and the watch was inside... :appl: what a relief!!.. :bigsmile:
Wow.
You are a braver man than I.
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
kenny|1318620546|3040423 said:
Dancing Fire|1318620172|3040420 said:
here was the scary part of this deal...

i was asking myself this Q...he's from Long Island N.Y. and he shouldn't have any problem selling the watch at his asking price,so why would he contact me? :confused: NYC is the watch capital of the U.S.

anyhow, i agreed to sent him a bank cashier's check, i was expecting him to ship me the watch right after he had received my cashier's check,but he said...the check will take 7 business days to clear his bank and he'll be out of town for a few days after that. i ask him to call his bank to see if the check had clear (which it had according to my bank) before he heads out of town.i call him and Emailed him and his reply was...please stop leaving messages on my phone and don't keep Emailing me ,i will ship the watch when i get home.now i'm thinking i just got scammed big time, all i can do is wait and pray hoping he is a honest person... :(sad then last Friday he emailed me a USPS tracking # but i was still worry. i'm thinking "no watch inside the box" ::) i went to pick up the watch on wednesday and i cut the box open in front of the post office clerk and the watch was inside... :appl: what a relief!!.. :bigsmile:
Wow.
You are a braver man than I.
yeah,too brave... ::) that's why i advise PSers to be careful when buying or selling expensive items. i'd trust most PSers but you never know who's out there trying to scam you.
 

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
3,296
Congratulations, DF!! You've received an absolutely gorgeous timepiece. :love:

For me, the transaction would have been terrifying (to say the least) :-o
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
thank all you guys for the nice compliments ... :wavey: now i'm broke!! ;( for the next two yrs i will only get bread & water for dinner ... :lickout:
 

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
Love it.

Do they make a girly version?
 

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
Le sigh.

Far too beautiful and expensive.

I'd love a moon phase watch for my next birthday, but under $5k.

Got any recommendations DF?
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
3,417
Thanks DF I'll look into them!

What's your opinion on blancpain? They're out of my budget methinks though.....
 

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
32,407
rosetta|1318639986|3040637 said:
Thanks DF I'll look into them!

What's your opinion on blancpain? They're out of my budget methinks though.....
i'm a "in-house movement" kind of guy,in other words ...i'd like watch Co. who produces their own engine instead of buying the movements from outside sources,most watch companies just slap their company name on the dial after installing the engine from other sources. as for Blancpain i'd beleive they use some out source movements in some of their watches.
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
21,163
Dancing Fire|1318632339|3040574 said:
thank all you guys for the nice compliments ... :wavey: now i'm broke!! ;( for the next two yrs i will only get bread & water for dinner ... :lickout:

At least you'll know "when" to eat! :loopy: :devil: :halo: :bigsmile:
 

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
267
DF, congrats on the BEAUTIFUL new watch!!! I haven't been on PS in a while because I have been myself consumed in my watch collection and up to about 16 quality watches now (and a handful of fun watches). Although you are a MUCH braver man than myself!! I am glad it all worked out and when you are ready to unload that watch at the same great price you got it for, let me know!!

I second your recommendation on Zenith, the next on my list is the Zenith Open El Primero, although I think I have a different "next" every week or so. You definitely can't go wrong with Zenith and that is a great watch for that price range.

Thank you for sharing the story and pictures!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?
    Scorpio Style
    Scorpio Style

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top