shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw the new RItani setting & fell in love! What do you think of these pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was shopping with my son in the mall yesterday, and saw the most GORGEOUS new Ritani setting. When I tried on their new 6-prong setting, I almost am thinking that having to get something custom made won''t be necessary
emotion-5.gif

Here are some pics, but some of the pics are jsut components of the actual ring - you kind of have to put them together to see the actual model that I like. Let me know what you think!

The one I like has micropave all around the band, a 6-prong setting, and micropave set into the prongs and basket. There are also other diamonds "nested" into the basket. This first pic is of the head - it''s almost just the one I want, except in this pic it''s a plain shank instead of the micropave that I like:

ritani1jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the "top view" of the ring - I don''t love the way the "heart prongs" look in these pics, but they looked so pretty on my hand!

Sorry it''s so small, it''s hard to pull these from the websites:

ritani01jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another side view:

ritani02jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple more:

ritani2jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, that one was too small - here''s another, but mine would have micropave on the prongs:

ritani03jjc.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the exact setting, I could only find it on the Ritani site, but I couldn''t copy pics - here''s the model number if anyone is interested:

Style Number: 1RZ3269ARP-731

I would add the video but I don''t know how!
emsad.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
One more thing that I loved about the ring - I don''t like it when the two rings sit flush - I tried in on with the Endless Love 2 mm micropave band, and they looked awesome together! I totally would have bought the set if I could, but I think I would have needed to have my husband with me ...

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Vespergirl this ring is sooooo gorgeous!!! I remember seeing something similar when I was looking at erings last year. I think michael b made something similar. I hope you get to own this beauty.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl,

I think if you got to try it on, and loved it in person, and don''t think you can do a better job with a custom piece, you should go for it. Sounds like you had a night to sleep on it and still love it. If it were me, I would go back and try it on again just to make sure I still love it as much. Maybe you can bring your husband
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feedback guys!

Ltlefirecracker - We pobably won''t be replacing the set until next yaer, so it''s not a rush thing, but I was just so excited to see something that I loved! The only thing that I wasn''t sure I loved were the heart-shaped prongs - I wanted a really tiny prong instead, but that seems like something that the jeweler could easily alter.

Pavelover, I also really loved the Michael B Princess collection, but I have my heart set on a 6 prong or 8 prong setting. I wonder if they would make it for me in 6 prong though ...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve seen that setting in person too and agree it''s waaaaaay prettier in real life. I''m pretty sure Ritani would modify the prongs for you into whatever you wanted.

happyday

Shiny_Rock
I looked at this exact setting before deciding on our re-set. It is so gorgeous!!!!
I was a little concerned about the amount of light getting through to the center stone, but there is enough sparkle there to have that not be a concern.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl - I think that that setting is GORGEOUS!
I''ve admired it several times from afar ... I love seeing it and love, love, love it the way that you want it w/ the micropave in the band/prongs & basket.

I can just imagine how lovely it would be. ... I can''t wait for the handshots.
27.gif
31.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl, if you find something you love without going custom, I think it''s great! To be able to try on the exact ring you will get means no surprises or worrying if the designer understands you etc.

I took a screen shot from the video: it''s the best I could get:

ritani_diamondseverywhere.png

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
"We pobably won''t be replacing the set until next yaer, so it''s not a rush thing, but I was just so excited to see something that I loved!"

Oh...I didn''t catch that...sorry, but I am still glad you found something you like. I am sure the hearts prongs would not be too hard to change, but now you have plenty of time to figure that out.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that ring! In fact, I have it!
3.gif
lol I totally fell in love with the ultra-thin pave and the six-prong head.

Here is my original thread on my ring - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-wf-diamond-in-ritani.64279/
I totally agree that photos don''t capture it very well. I do have some better pictures, I''ll see if I can dig them up.

I had a couple of modifications made to the original design. One is that I had my prongs made round instead of heart shaped. They aren''t as delicate as I''d really like, but I think they have to be a big bigger in order to hold the diamonds on the sides. Also, I made the shank 3/4 pave to save some worry on damage. I''m really glad I did that because I see how scratched the platinum is now and I can''t imagine having pave down there.
Also, I didn''t get the pave on the prongs. At the size of my stone it was optional, but I think they don''t do it on stones < 1ct. When I looked at rings with and without, I was just drawn to the simpler design.

Anyway, just wanted to say great ring!! Hope you get it and love it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a pretty setting, and I am sure that it wiould look stunning with your stone set in it! That is fantastic that you found something that you love without having to go custom!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I think that set would look gorgeous VG! I especially love the micropave on the prongs, and the stones nestled in the basket
36.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. I saw it recently at Bailey Banks & Biddle. Very delicate and sweet. The three stone variation is also gorgeous.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
ANGELINE - thanks so much for posting that screen shot! I never would have figured that out, but I''m glad to have a ppic of the one that I really like up!

BIGDIAMONDS - thanks so much for posting! I loved looking at the pics on your link. Your ring just came out gorgeous! Which wedding band did you end up going with? I liked the endless love micropave, but there were so many pretty ones to choose from!

I think my next step is dragging my husband down to the jewelry store to try it on and let him see it. Since I didn''t want to do the upgrade until next year, I know that we have time, but I want him to share in my excitement! (yeah, right
emotion-5.gif
)

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks VG! I haven''t bought the WB yet, but I''m planning on the Endless Love. I love how thin it is, and I actually really like the matched look.
Good luck convincing the hubby!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results