shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! My WF diamond in Ritani

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It finally happened! He proposed and I have my ring! Sorry if this is more details than you all really want, but I''m excited so I''m going to share anyway.

The proposal- I was in Destin, FL last week for a conference, and (formerly) BF came down to stay for a few days. I knew that he had picked up the ring and I really hoped he was ready to pop the question. So the second night when he suggested that we go sit on the beach at sunset and drink a bottle of champagne, I was pretty sure it was coming. We sat around on the beach for a while, enjoying our nice champagne out of cheap plastic liquor store cups, and then he suggested we go for a swim. I was trying not to be a brat, but all I could think was, "You can''t propose while we''re swimming!!!" But he had a trick up his sleeve- there was a sand bar about 30 feet into the ocean where the water went from 4 feet to about 1 foot deep. So we got all the way out on the sand bar, and he put his arms around me and started giving me the speech while he got the ring out behind my back. Then, right there in the middle of the water, he held out the ring for me to slide on and asked the big question! I was so butterfly-y I could hardly respond, but he knew the answer.
2.gif
Everyone has been asking if he got down on one knee, but I''m proud of his judgment on this one- he knew I wouldn''t be happy with him holding my ring so close to crashing waves!

Now for what you all really care about...

The ring- I love it! The diamond is a WF ES, and a big thanks to Traci for all her help and patience! Here are the specs on the stone-

Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.028
. Depth %: 61.8
. Table %: 56.1
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.3
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 74
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.45-6.48X3.99
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.5 - Excellent
within TIC range

The setting is a Ritani six prong solitaire with a pave shank. It has small diamonds set between the prongs around the pavillion of the center stone. I made a few modifications to the original design, including changing the prongs to be plain round instead of pave with a heart-shaped top. Also, I had it made with 3/4 pave for durability.

Thanks to Traci at WF for finding me a beautiful stone, Neil at American Gem Registry for an incredibly thorough and educational appraisal, and all of you PSers who got me through this with a much better ring than I would have had otherwise!

So without further ado, here are some pics. I am an appallingly bad photographer (apparently), so these are the best I could get.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Close up profile shows the side diamonds.

Megans Ering- close side view.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Two pics that Neil took (thank you Neil!
1.gif
)

Megans Ering- Appraisal pic 1.JPG

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to get creative...

Megans Ering- on grass.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of hand pics...I swear my fingers don''t look this fat in real life.

Megans Ering- hand pic on grass.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now.

Megans ERing- hand pic on black.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Love those Ritani settings!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats! Lovely romantic proposal and beautiful ring!

cheers--Sharon

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! How wonderfulfor you! I''m sure he did that so you''d have no idea this was the time and place. But all I could think of is what would happen if he DROPPED THE RING and it went swirling into the depths
23.gif
23.gif
And dare I ask --where was the ring??? I love the ring choice
30.gif
More pictures, please.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all!

neatfreak- your ring is what pushed me to Ritani over Michael B. They''re so darned pretty!
21.gif

HappyAnniversary- you and I were thinking the exact same thing! Especially since he nearly lost his glasses in the ocean the day before. He kept in the box and hid it behind his cup in his hand. It was pretty stealthy, and also comforting that it would be hard to lose the whole box. He admits now though that he probably wouldn''t have gotten so brave with it if he wasn''t a bit tipsy from the champagne.
emotion-19.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very beautiful ring! Congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that Ritani setting in person a couple of weeks ago and it was so beautiful. congrats, gorgeous, gorgeous ring..

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow-I love those diamonds between the prongs! So cool! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Can you see the diamonds between the prongs when you look down on the center stone or can you just see them from the side? And how are they set? I''m so intrigued by them!

I know you said you''re a bad photographer (so am I!) but can we please have more pics?!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, BigDiamonds!!! Your ring is really beautiful, I love that setting!

Destin is a wonderful place, my family used to vacation there twice a year when I was growing up. The night I met my now husband, I told him I was going there to visit my fam while they were vacationing there, and he did a double take and said he would be there on business the same time I would be! So I have fond memories of that trip...family, beautiful beaches, and falling in love with the man of my dreams! Now you will have wonderful memories of the very same place!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 10:41:24 PM
Author: thing2of2
Oh wow-I love those diamonds between the prongs! So cool! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Can you see the diamonds between the prongs when you look down on the center stone or can you just see them from the side? And how are they set? I''m so intrigued by them!

I know you said you''re a bad photographer (so am I!) but can we please have more pics?!
9.gif
Thank you!
9.gif
I will try to take some more pics tomorrow. I was using FI''s camera, so maybe he will have some tips.

The diamonds between the prongs aren''t visible from the top, but I think they affect the way the prongs curve so it makes the whole head look sort of fat. I think they are channel set- they''re held "in" by the prongs themselves, and they''re held in place by little notches on the back on the prongs. I don''t think most people notice them unless they are really examining the ring, but I think they''re sort of a cool detail that make the ring unique.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 11:10:23 PM
Author: monarch64
Congratulations, BigDiamonds!!! Your ring is really beautiful, I love that setting!

Destin is a wonderful place, my family used to vacation there twice a year when I was growing up. The night I met my now husband, I told him I was going there to visit my fam while they were vacationing there, and he did a double take and said he would be there on business the same time I would be! So I have fond memories of that trip...family, beautiful beaches, and falling in love with the man of my dreams! Now you will have wonderful memories of the very same place!
Thanks! I was REALLY surprised by Destin. I didn''t know we had beaches like that in the United States! It''s a great place that I wouldn''t have otherwise gone if it weren''t for work. I''m glad that you had such a great experience there too!
emteeth.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal. Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous! I love the Ritani setting!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful and I love the side diamonds!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful! Congratulations!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely...and what a special proposal!!

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Oh wow - that is just gorgeous - Congrats!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
W*O*W, that is soooo gorgeous!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 11:14:57 PM
Author: BigDiamonds

Date: 6/23/2007 11:10:23 PM
Author: monarch64

Thanks! I was REALLY surprised by Destin. I didn''t know we had beaches like that in the United States! It''s a great place that I wouldn''t have otherwise gone if it weren''t for work. I''m glad that you had such a great experience there too!
emteeth.gif
you''re welcome! There is a poster here by the name of Jaders who got married in nearby Seaside, FL. I can''t find her wedding pics but she posted them on the brides subforum and they were fantastic. DH and I have been back to the Destin area a few times since we got married for his industry conferences there, I always enjoy it so much.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely S T U N N I N G, BG! Everything about it is amazing. Congratulations!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results