shape
carat
color
clarity

I put an inclusion in my diamond!! Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

genie

Rough_Rock
I just got a beautiful H and A from Whitflash a couple months ago. Yesterday, I noticed a tiny black speck almost in the center of my diamond. It definitely was not there before. I thought it was some dirt so I washed it a few times and it won't go away. I can't tell for sure but I think it is a carbon spot or something inside, unless the speck is on the bottom part of the diamond where the prongs prevent me from getting to it.
What could have caused this? Is it possible to just get a carbon spot? What was I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

genie

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will take it to the jeweler today. I went home to look at the inclusion map on my GIA cert. It may be that they are in the same place. Is it possible that one of the clouds or feathers turned black all-of-the-sudden? Maybe that's how it appeared. I have no clue about this stuff.

John

Rough_Rock
Genie, I don't believe that it is possible that it just appeared. 'Black' spots in a diamond don't appear magically or by anything that can occur from ordinary wear. Assuming that it it the stone that you originally purchased, your 'eye' is becoming more critical, or you are seeing something on the exterior of the pavilion of the stone.

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi Genie,Take your ring to a local jeweler to have it "steam cleaned" and "ultrasonic."
This should remove all oils, dirt, etc. from the diamond.
If it's still there, you might want a gemologist to look at the diamond and the cert to make sure it wasn't there to begin with.
Carbon spots never just "show up" out of the blue.
Good luck!!
Let me know what happens........

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi John!
wavey.gif
Thanks for stopping by. You could post your business name and credentials.

For those who don't know John - he is the head of Washington Gemological Laboratory, GG, NGJA, RMV, ASG.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi John
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results