shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered my dress today! Pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited! I just got back from dress shopping with my sister and mom, and it was a very successful trip. So far I have nothing but great things to say about David''s Bridal. My consultant was extremely nice and helpful, as was everyone else there. It was so much fun, and I found what is DEFINITELY The Dress!!

Here are some pictures of me in my dress. I apologize for the wonky-ness, my mom is a sort of horrible photographer. I was deeeefinitely not ready to be photographed in some of them, as I''m sure you can tell from the odd looks on my face! In some of the pictures it''s hard to tell what it really looked like because the dress is one size too large and a "regular" size. I ordered the petite size, so the train will be shorter, as will the length; there will be less fabric than what you are seeing here. Plus, the top was too big, and it was a bit baggy around the mid-section. When the consultant held it tighter it looked great, but since it was only a one size different the clips wouldn''t stay on to make it smaller for the pictures. My mom also wasn''t taking pictures from straight on, and she wanted me to turn to the side, which bunched the train up, but you get the idea.
20.gif
The tiara was just for fun, I probably won''t wear one, but I really loved the veil.

I hope no one hates it too much since I already paid in full.
2.gif

I am still smiling- I love it!!

MereDress1.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the pictures are not very flattering...
2.gif

MereDress2.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Why would no one like it? It''s gorgeous!!

I love the lacey detailing! It''s a fantastic dress... You look so pretty in it too! Hooray!!

Such a great feeling getting your dress, isn''t it?
1.gif
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I likey the train! So pretty!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
The back in that one looks bunchy... I swear it isn''t like that when the angle is different, but it''s not the greatest picture.
38.gif

MereDress4.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress is beautiful and you are adorable!!! Looks great, congrats!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
And a veeery rough approximation of what my bustle will look like. It''s going to be an overbustle.

MereDress9.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay I particularly love the layers this dress has! Super pretty!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, so many nice responses!

Thanks violet! I''m just shy posting my pic, that''s all. Haha. The lace is probably my favourite part, and definitely what sold me on it to begin with! It''s so, SO exciting to finally have a dress. I''ll admit it, I even teared up in the store.
2.gif

Thanks, sunnyd! It''s funny you mention the train. I love it too, and I NEVER imagined I would want a train. I could have ordered it without one, but I adore it, and the bustle is adorable, too.

iwanna, thanks!"Fabola"- I like that word.
9.gif

Skippy, you are such a sweetie! Thank you so much.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 5:24:48 PM
Author: violet02
Okay I particularly love the layers this dress has! Super pretty!
Thank you thank you! It''s so fun to share the little details with all of you on PS because you really understand the excited bride thing.
2.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I can see why you decided it was THE one
30.gif

You have a wonderful figure and the dress is really flattering.

So, is your SO going to see the dress before the wedding? Do you have any idea what she will pick? Is she doing a dress too, or a suit like Ellen?

This is super exciting, isn''t it? You''re going to have a terrific wedding
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress!! What''t not to love?!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful on you! I really like the layers, and how the bustle will be constructed.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
purrfectpear, you are so sweet! Thanks for the lovely compliments. I have already seen pictures of FI''s dress, which she got last week, and she saw some of mine tonight. Hers is also white and poofy. I will ask her permission to post it here for everyone to see. She looks beautiful in it! We decided that in the end the surprise factor would be a few small moments we shared, but being able to go for our fittings together and share the fun of shopping would be many fun moments to share! I have never been more excited about the wedding than I am today.

Thanks, honey! I am nervous showing my picture on PS, and afraid of too much criticism of a dress I already bought! I wanted to show it off anyways, though. :D

Krissie, thanks for the sweet comments! Those are my favourite things about the dress too.

Thanks ladyciel! Yes, that''s the dress! It''s even more beautiful in person. The fabric is very soft and imo extremely nice for the price we paid. Not cheap looking or feeling at all. We blew the budget just a bit, but nothing that can''t be replenished.
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
That dress is on my favorites list!!!!!
36.gif

You look beautiful
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you found the right dress for you!! It''s so pretty!

Has your FI gone shopping as well? What will she be wearing?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful, i''m so glad you found THE dress! The lace on it is gorgeous and I love the way it suits your figure.

I hope FI lets you post her gown! Tell her we''re all asking pretty please hahaahah

Anyway - so happy for you.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Awww, your dress is so, so pretty. The bodice is especially flattering on you--I love the draping/ruching on it. I think you are going to look picture-perfect.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful, what a wonderful choice! You look beautiful in the dress! The train and the bustling in particular are so pretty!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats a fantastic dress! The layers are pretty sweet and it seems to fit you very well so hopefully alteration costs will be minimal, if any at all! Those layers will look really awesome in your bustle too. What a great find! I hope your experience with David''s Bridal continues to be positive.

Are you and your FI going to see each other''s dress before you go down the aisle? I read in one of your other threads that you didn''t want to matchy with your FI so I was curious how you''d avoid that without seeing them before the big day.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so obvious that I am stalking my own thread.
12.gif
35.gif

You are all so sweet!

Firey- thanks so much! I thought I loved it when I was browsing online, but it was even more perfect in person.

Zoe- Thanks! FI is wearing a white dress, strapless, with pickups all down the skirt and a long red sash. She looks gorgeous in it!
30.gif
I am asking her permission to post it here, so hopefully she won''t mind.

Claudinam- Aww, thanks! I will tell her you said so. Hopefully she''ll blush and give me the go-ahead.
2.gif

Thanks, Kittybean! I really liked the bodice, and even more-so when the consultant held it tighter, the way it will fit in the correct size. I felt like a princess!

Kim- Thank you! Your comments are so sweet and made me smile.

Clairitek- Thanks! I really hope the DB experience remains positive as well. I know there have been mixed reviews, but so far I have nothing but praise, and FI had a great experience with them as well. Ordering the dress in the petite size will hopefully keep the alteration costs down. I am hoping to be able to pass with some high heels, because hemming with all of those lace layers would be... expensive.
32.gif
If I have to I will though- it''s worth it! FI and I have already seen pictures of each other in our dresses [we''re cross-country until next week], and will go for our fittings together. We decided the few moments of surprise wouldn''t be as much fun as sharing the shopping experience together, and it''s been so fun, even from so far away!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is! I hope this shows up the right size. The poor quality is due to the cell phone camera sucking.
14.gif

ShanDress10.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
And the back!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really love the pickups. I know people say they''ll look "dated," but I don''t believe in that concept. We''re getting married in 2009... if we give ourselves away with the pictures, that''s just life!

ShannonDress11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results