shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered my dress today! Pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 6:29:09 PM
Author: HollyS
WishfulThinking: I didn''t see her dress, too! I don''t care about what''s in or out either. Wear what each of you feels beautiful in.

I''m imagining beautiful color combos for florals based on her sash! Did I miss any wedding details from you on another thread?
I completely agree, Holly!

We are planning on having matching vibrant purple, red, and pink bouquets. I will attach the inspiration pic to this post. I haven''t done many wedding detail posts, but I am planning on doing one next week when we have the venue all settled! I am soooooooo excited about our huge new change of plans about where to be married, but it''s all remaining a surprise until it''s pinned down for sure, because the first few ideas fell through. Keep your eyes peeled!
2.gif

Bouquet inspiration.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wishful, that bouquet/colour combo is GORGEOUS! I love it!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 7:14:22 PM
Author: princesss
Wishful, you and your FI both look fantabulous in your gowns. I love how each of you found dresses that flatter you and show your personalities.

You''re going to post pictures of the actual day, right? Because I won''t be able to handle knowing my intellectual lover (shhh!) is getting married and I won''t be able to see pictures!
Princess, you are so sweet! Thank you! There will definitely be pictures of the actual day, and probably many of them. We both like to pose for the camera, especially together.

Actually, since we''re intellectual lovers [hehe], we''re actually more correctly a love triangle; FI is the biggest Butler fan I''ve ever met, and definitely my intellectual twin. We''re both performers of femininity to the visually normative ''T'' and the wedding is kind of our opportunity to subvert the heck out of some of our favourite institutions to critique. And yes... we actually do discuss our wedding in these terms.
20.gif
3.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, pocahontas! We''re both really excited about the flowers. Having them be so bold and bright is very "us" and fun.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

Date: 8/21/2008 7:31:20 PM
Author: WishfulThinking

Wishful, you and your FI both look fantabulous in your gowns. I love how each of you found dresses that flatter you and show your personalities.

You''re going to post pictures of the actual day, right? Because I won''t be able to handle knowing my intellectual lover (shhh!) is getting married and I won''t be able to see pictures!
Princess, you are so sweet! Thank you! There will definitely be pictures of the actual day, and probably many of them. We both like to pose for the camera, especially together.

Actually, since we''re intellectual lovers [hehe], we''re actually more correctly a love triangle; FI is the biggest Butler fan I''ve ever met, and definitely my intellectual twin. We''re both performers of femininity to the visually normative ''T'' and the wedding is kind of our opportunity to subvert the heck out of some of our favourite institutions to critique. And yes... we actually do discuss our wedding in these terms.
20.gif
3.gif

Huh??

Honey, I''ve got an IQ over 140, and you lost me!

Love the bouquet colors! We need more pics! That''s what this thread is all about, girlie; so get with the program, and get those ideas uploaded so we can weigh in! Those of us who have already married are suffering from wedding planning withdrawal; we need a fix!
31.gif
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wishful, I''m swooning. A pair of Butlerites? If you tell me you guys also enjoy a bottle of wine with some Gertrude Stein, I might have to move to the West Coast. (Seriously, take 2 Butler fiends and put them into a class on women in Modernism, add a Friday night, wine, and Tender Buttons and it''s amazing.)

How fun to have two performers of femininity subverting the masculine traditions that surround such festivities. And to talk about the wedding like that! I may have just found my new favourite couple. YAY Butler love triangles (you know she''d approve).

BTW, gorgeous bouquet idea!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:32:43 PM
Author: HollyS
31.gif

Date: 8/21/2008 7:31:20 PM

Author: WishfulThinking

20.gif
3.gif

Huh??

Honey, I''ve got an IQ over 140, and you lost me!

Love the bouquet colors! We need more pics! That''s what this thread is all about, girlie; so get with the program, and get those ideas uploaded so we can weigh in! Those of us who have already married are suffering from wedding planning withdrawal; we need a fix!
31.gif
9.gif
Sorry! That was the 2nd half of a little intellectual affair with princess, who I believe knows of such things.
9.gif
IQ''s got nothin'' to do with it; it''s all in the vocab, baby.
31.gif

Here''s another pic for your "fix" Holly... sorry to be such a tease with the others! I actually don''t have any from the new venue, but I will on Monday. I can give a hint, though: it''s NOTHING like the outdoor state park reception we were originally planning for. We are so excited about the new development!

Voila- cake inspiration

cake inspiration 1.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I just saw the picture of your FI in her dress... You two will be so GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
I love love love the touch of colour (no surprise) on her dress... She is going to wear the coloured sash, right?!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Hi anchor! Thank you so, so much! When I saw her dress I thought of yours with the beautiful blue. I totally love the red on her, and it has this pretty sparkly detailing at the bottom as well.
30.gif
She is definitely wearing the sash; in fact, it''s one of the things that really "sold" her on that dress. She is super feminine, but never really thought of herself as a white-dress bride until she saw the option of having the splash of color to go with it!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m slightly appeased by the photo of a cake.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results