shape
carat
color
clarity

I noticed the gemtrader has another green spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s with their new stuff. Small but pretty. They also have a nice American amethyst.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is an adorable pale bluish green spinel. I just put in a request for the star garnet.

ETA - I just heard back from Brad, and I got the star garnet by only minutes. Yay!!
36.gif

ETA2 - I see the spinel and the star garnet are now both marked as reserved.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That spinel is pretty...as always too late...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yep...gone... I think that was the only thing that caught my eye this time.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s a pretty nice star on the garnet! Yes things go fast.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d add a LINK for those who might be looking for the site.

Here is the pretty spinel.

Apr-09-BGSpinel.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And here is the 6-ray star garnet.

Apr-09-SGarnetII.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The star garnet and the blue/green spinel were my favorite''s too. I should have jumped on both as I clicked on the notification from the gemtrader a minute after it arrived. However, I still do not trust my instincts in terms of buying colored gems, so I hesitated. I am just glad Fly Girl got the garnet. Please post plenty of pics upon its arrival.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Very interested to see what you think of the garnet when it arrives.

I have one with a very similar body-colour - under a pen-light - but a four-rayed star (and a big inclusion, but it was extremely cheap and as they are pretty rare I had to buy it!
28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it's not being lit, so I'm interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:14:36 PM
Author: Pandora II

I have one with a very similar body-colour - under a pen-light - but a four-rayed star (and a big inclusion, but it was extremely cheap and as they are pretty rare I had to buy it!
28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it's not being lit, so I'm interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I'm expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif
But, I just love star stones, so for the price I decided to grab it.

omieluv - thanks. Yes, I will be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a "%" in the link name, so the earlier one doesn't quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:22:31 PM
Author: Fly Girl

28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it''s not being lit, so I''m interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I''m expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a ''%'' in the link name, so the earlier one doesn''t quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.
Mine is definitely a mega-inclusion as will be seen when I get round to doing the pics - even a partially sighted person could see it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was too late too.
39.gif
I would have snapped up that light greeish blue spinel as an interesting piece to collect. That colour appears to be rather uncommon.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thegemtrader definitely gets some really cool, unique stones. That spinel is great- I''ve definitely never seen one that color!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s an unusual color. He had a similar one a month or so ago, and DJ raregems had one. But I haven''t seen many. I bet they look great IRL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stones.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:28:21 PM

Date: 4/2/2009 6:22:31 PM
Author: Fly Girl

28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it''s not being lit, so I''m interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I''m expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a ''%'' in the link name, so the earlier one doesn''t quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.
Mine is definitely a mega-inclusion as will be seen when I get round to doing the pics - even a partially sighted person could see it!
Pandora - The star garnet arrived and I''ve posted pictures here. Link It does have a bit of a ding in the side, and it is a very dark garnet as I was expecting. But the star is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results