shape
carat
color
clarity

I noticed the gemtrader has another green spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s with their new stuff. Small but pretty. They also have a nice American amethyst.

That is an adorable pale bluish green spinel. I just put in a request for the star garnet.

ETA - I just heard back from Brad, and I got the star garnet by only minutes. Yay!!
36.gif

ETA2 - I see the spinel and the star garnet are now both marked as reserved.

That spinel is pretty...as always too late...

Yep...gone... I think that was the only thing that caught my eye this time.

It''s a pretty nice star on the garnet! Yes things go fast.

Just thought I''d add a LINK for those who might be looking for the site.

Here is the pretty spinel.

Apr-09-BGSpinel.gif

And here is the 6-ray star garnet.

Apr-09-SGarnetII.gif

The star garnet and the blue/green spinel were my favorite''s too. I should have jumped on both as I clicked on the notification from the gemtrader a minute after it arrived. However, I still do not trust my instincts in terms of buying colored gems, so I hesitated. I am just glad Fly Girl got the garnet. Please post plenty of pics upon its arrival.

Very interested to see what you think of the garnet when it arrives.

I have one with a very similar body-colour - under a pen-light - but a four-rayed star (and a big inclusion, but it was extremely cheap and as they are pretty rare I had to buy it!
28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it's not being lit, so I'm interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.

Date: 4/2/2009 6:14:36 PM
Author: Pandora II

I have one with a very similar body-colour - under a pen-light - but a four-rayed star (and a big inclusion, but it was extremely cheap and as they are pretty rare I had to buy it!
28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it's not being lit, so I'm interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I'm expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif
But, I just love star stones, so for the price I decided to grab it.

omieluv - thanks. Yes, I will be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a "%" in the link name, so the earlier one doesn't quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.

Date: 4/2/2009 6:22:31 PM
Author: Fly Girl

28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it''s not being lit, so I''m interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I''m expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a ''%'' in the link name, so the earlier one doesn''t quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.
Mine is definitely a mega-inclusion as will be seen when I get round to doing the pics - even a partially sighted person could see it!

I was too late too.
39.gif
I would have snapped up that light greeish blue spinel as an interesting piece to collect. That colour appears to be rather uncommon.

Thegemtrader definitely gets some really cool, unique stones. That spinel is great- I''ve definitely never seen one that color!

It''s an unusual color. He had a similar one a month or so ago, and DJ raregems had one. But I haven''t seen many. I bet they look great IRL.

Pretty stones.

Date: 4/2/2009 6:28:21 PM

Date: 4/2/2009 6:22:31 PM
Author: Fly Girl

28.gif
)

Mine is pretty opaque and dark when it''s not being lit, so I''m interested to see if yours is more like a star ruby/sapphire in terms of translucency.
Pandora - I''m expecting it will be a very dark garnet without the light. I hope it comes without the accompanying inclusion!
1.gif

Finally, another try to The Gemtrader link. Link to Gemtrader Site I forgot that PS hates it when there is a ''%'' in the link name, so the earlier one doesn''t quite work. Click on Gem Inventory, then Newest Items.
Mine is definitely a mega-inclusion as will be seen when I get round to doing the pics - even a partially sighted person could see it!
Pandora - The star garnet arrived and I''ve posted pictures here. Link It does have a bit of a ding in the side, and it is a very dark garnet as I was expecting. But the star is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics