shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your support...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Last week, one of my closest friends died suddenly at the age of 51. The doctors are calling it a critical hypertensive spike. She had a similar spike earlier in the week. She went to the ED where she was tested, treated and released. I spoke with her the day after her stay in the ED. I talked with her again the night before she died. She wasn''t feeling well, but her BP had dropped into normal range. Her follow up appointment with her PCP was Friday. On Thursday night, she collapsed. According to the medical reports, she was brain dead at that time. They pronounced her on Friday. She was alone in the house with her nine y.o. daughter. We attended her viewing and memorial service this week.

I am devastated by this loss. She and I had been there for each other during many struggles and losses. We promised that we would help each other survive the dark times and celebrate the good ones...a promise that will never be. Please help me walk through this difficult time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2010 12:32:27 PM
Author:risingsun
Last week, one of my closest friends died suddenly at the age of 51. The doctors are calling it a critical hypertensive spike. She had a similar spike earlier in the week. She went to the ED where she was tested, treated and released. I spoke with her the day after her stay in the ED. I talked with her again the night before she died. She wasn't feeling well, but her BP had dropped into normal range. Her follow up appointment with her PCP was Friday. On Thursday night, she collapsed. According to the medical reports, she was brain dead at that time. They pronounced her on Friday. She was alone in the house with her nine y.o. daughter. We attended her viewing and memorial service this week.

I am devastated by this loss. She and I had been there for each other during many struggles and losses. We promised that we would help each other survive the dark times and celebrate the good ones...a promise that will never be. Please help me walk through this difficult time.
Marian, I am absolutely here for you and I know the community will rally round to give you whatever support you need. I am so sorry for your loss, you and your friend and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You must be in shock from this, please take good care of yourself during this very difficult time.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your friend''s family, Marian.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Marian, my thoughts will be with you and with your friend''s daughter. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
What a terrible thing! My thoughts are with you.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry, losing a friend can be worse than losing a family member. Big hugs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of your loss.
7.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you right now. Reach out for any support you need. {{{{hugs}}}}

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marian I am so sorry for this tragic loss. We are here for you!!!! HUGS!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your condolences and words of support.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Marian, I''m so sorry to hear about your devastating loss.
38.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear your loss
15.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Marian, I am so sorry for your loss.

I wish I could do or say something to make you feel better. I''ll be thinking of you, dear.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Marian, I am so sorry. Death is hard under any circumstances, but sudden and unexpected are the worst because you don''t get to prepare for it or say goodbye.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry this has happened. My condolences.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and her family.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Marian,

It sounds to me as if your friendship bond grew stronger helping one another overcome obstacles, struggles and losses. I do see that you feel you have to endure this dark time alone, and it is monumental, but you have the strength within to do so.

I do? Where? How? you ask.

I encourage you to lean into HER now. Yeah,...HER. You know too well what she would be encouraging you to do. You know how she would tell you to handle this. So, get quiet and listen to her. You relied on her before, and the highest form of respect to honor your friendship, is do just as she would tell you to do. Just lean into her and allow her to comfort you. The best part of her strength and trusted wisdom she has already imparted to you. So take it. Reach out and grab hold of that promise and apply it now, just as you did together.

She promised she would help you survive the dark times. Honey, take her at her word. Honor her and allow yourself to accept that sacred promise you exchanged.

In the meantime, we all are all here shoring you up with strength. My sincerest sympathy for loosing such an important treasured friend.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 4:05:37 PM
Author: CasaBlanca
Marian,

It sounds to me as if your friendship bond grew stronger helping one another overcome obstacles, struggles and losses. I do see that you feel you have to endure this dark time alone, and it is monumental, but you have the strength within to do so.

I do? Where? How? you ask.

I encourage you to lean into HER now. Yeah,...HER. You know too well what she would be encouraging you to do. You know how she would tell you to handle this. So, get quiet and listen to her. You relied on her before, and the highest form of respect to honor your friendship, is do just as she would tell you to do. Just lean into her and allow her to comfort you. The best part of her strength and trusted wisdom she has already imparted to you. So take it. Reach out and grab hold of that promise and apply it now, just as you did together.

She promised she would help you survive the dark times. Honey, take her at her word. Honor her and allow yourself to accept that sacred promise you exchanged.

In the meantime, we all are all here shoring you up with strength. My sincerest sympathy for loosing such an important treasured friend.
Thank you so much for your wise words. I will take it to heart.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I can always rely upon my PS family to support me in times of need. I appreciate all of your heartfelt sentiments.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Marian-I wish I had something wise to say to you, my friend! I saw this thread and just stupidly assumed that it would be about your health given the massive health problems with which you struggle yourself. I

am so sorry that yet another burden has been added to your life. That is probably not even the right way to word it. It sounds as if, in a time when your life is very trying and full of difficulties, a source of solace and

strength has been taken from you. I am so sorry. I have no wise words for you. I can only say that I will try to be here on Pricescope with other members who truly value and cherish you.

I send my love.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your many kind words, Deb. I will miss my friend dearly. I was in the ED on Sunday. I have pleurisy. I also have a sharp pain in one of my breasts, so a mammo has been scheduled. There''s never a dull moment around here. I would truly like to start a thread with some good news, one of these days. I really do count on my PS friends to be here for me. This is such a wonderful group of people.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marian,

I''m sorry to hear of your friend''s passing. My thoughts are with her family and you.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Marian, I am so very, very sorry. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I''m with CasaBlanca, you know what your friend would say and how she would feel so use her strength now.

(((hugs)))

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry for your sudden loss Marian. It must be extremely difficult to cope right now. Please keep us posted if you can. You don''t have to do this alone. (hugs)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry RS. These unexpected passings are always the most difficult (especially at such a young age). We are here for you.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Marian: I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no, I''m so sorry Marian! What a sudden tragedy
7.gif

I wish you, her family, and especially her daughter healing and peace.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and her family.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, I am so very sorry about the loss of your dear friend. It is truly a tragedy, my heart goes out to all her family and friends. This is tough, you will be in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marian, I am so sorry that you lost your friend. It is devastating to lose someone so irreplaceable. You are in my prayers, and her family as well, that God would provide you comfort and happy
memories that would lift you up.

I wish I could give you a real hug, but send many heartfelt ones. ((((hugs))))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results