shape
carat
color
clarity

I *NEED* Your Advice On Proportions (Eternity w/Solitaire)

mrbatz

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I gave me fiance this exact diamond:
2.017 ct I SI1 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Super Ideal Round Cut Loose Diamond
It is: 8.13 - 8.16 x 4.98 mm
(http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2372482.htm)

The band is http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/broadway-solitaire-engagement-ring-341.htm
The width tapers from 2.6mm at the top down to 2.2mm at the bottom

She would like an eternity wedding band.
This is the wedding band style she likes:
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/annettes-u-prong-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-805.htm

What size pointers (0.10, 0.15, 0.20, 0.25, or other) would look the best in proportion to the 2ct solitaire?

The pics of her actual ring and band are attached below.

Thanks for your help!

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I *NEED* Your Advice On Proportions (Eternity w/Solitair

Gorgeous ring!!

I think .10 or .15 pointers will be very blingy and look great. In an eternity band, I wouldn't want to go much bigger because I don't think it would be comfortable to wear, with those diamonds going around the entire finger.

Now, if she were getting just a 5 stone band, then I would say go up to .25 pointers. A lot of posters on PS wear 5 stone rings with their solitaires.

Also, she should wear a spacer between her solitaire and band, especially if she gets the U prong design, since the diamonds are exposed and they will eat away at the solitaire. Good luck with the decision!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get a half or full eternity that is the same width or slightly thinner than the shank of your eng ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

No bigger than 8 points per stone.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Laila619 said:
Gorgeous ring!!

I think .10 or .15 pointers will be very blingy and look great. In an eternity band, I wouldn't want to go much bigger because I don't think it would be comfortable to wear, with those diamonds going around the entire finger.

Now, if she were getting just a 5 stone band, then I would say go up to .25 pointers. A lot of posters on PS wear 5 stone rings with their solitaires.

Also, she should wear a spacer between her solitaire and band, especially if she gets the U prong design, since the diamonds are exposed and they will eat away at the solitaire. Good luck with the decision!

Ditto.
If her heart is set on the Annette band and her fingers are long enough to wear three rings, go with 10 pointers and a thin spacer.
What about a channel set band with princess diamonds? No need of a spacer with a channel setting.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I have to agree - 10 pointers. I've got a 2.55 center with 14 pointers and it works beautifully. Best of luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd do 10 pointers and a thin spacer...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely not above 10 points, but 8 or even smaller is beautiful, too. You want the wedding band to compliment the e-ring and not overtake it. The Annette u-prong is made with approx. 10 point stones, so you can just order it as it is and it does not need to be custom. She probably will need to wear a thin spacer ring with it, as others have said because of the exposed girdles.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I will also suggest the .8 - .10 points as an eternity band. That is a stunning solitaire and I think it should be the focus. Anything too large could overpower the solitiare.

I have .8's in my 1/2 eternity and its very comfortable and quite sparkly! I don't feel 'not blingy' when I wear it 8-)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think 10-pointers would look great, I wouldn't go any bigger either.

mrbatz

Rough_Rock

It seems that 0.10 (10 pointers) is by far the most popular opinion.

I was thinking more along the .15 (15 pointers) or .20 (20 pointers) route. Would this look "BAD"?

Each diamond would still be under 1/10th the weight of the solitaire.

I've attached a comparison. The %'s represent the diameter of each diamond on the eternity band divided by the diameter of the 2.0 ct solitaire.

Comparison.jpg

mrbatz

Rough_Rock

Here is the 3d comparison...

Comparison-3d.jpg

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock

After seeing some of the foto's and threads posted I personally feel the lower end of sizes suggested looks better, I think ten pointers are too big and compete with the gorgeous e ring stone, I just think smaller stones in eternity ring is prettier, I just don't like the bigger.stones, maybe cos my mum has ring like that and it seems more dated to me, I dunno, pls no offence to.anyone its just my personal opinion

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results