shape
carat
color
clarity

I need to find newest AGS charts

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Please help me find the charts for the most current platinum and gold grading reports for the AGS. I would really appreciate it :praise:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Marian,

You know, what I turned up doesn't seem right, really, but it may be, and it's all I readily point to.

In the pinned "helpful threads" thread, you get this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=123202

pointing you to the history of patterns of types of reports. But, the only quick & dirty for what would be Platinum, and this is probably what you want, dates back to 2004, but may be correct, is in FAQs, and is here:

faq1/ags-and-gia-cut-comparison-charts-t41793.html

I wouldn't bet money this is the most current info, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the only info we published, either.

Best,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stone, do you know, is the deal that, if you make those proportions, you get the grade in gold, but for platinum, they are only guides?

Seems like I'd seen in some older threads there may have been slightly different criteria for the 2 systems.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guide, should be Pt. I believe Gold has another set of numbers.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Guide, should be Pt. I believe Gold has another set of numbers.

To the best of my understanding the guides represent a theoretical diamond whose exact proportions(perfect symmetry) evaluated by their performance based grading software would obtain those grades for a platinum report.

The guides for cutters:

1) Isn't the same as the gold proportion based gold grading as it doesn't mean a stone with those average proprotions is guaranteed to receive the grade.

2) It only applies to a stone of those exact proportions with every crown and pavillion angle the same. Slight assymetry could lower the grade especially for borderline combinations.

3) The recent platinum grading report is performance based (ray traced data set) and the following makes up the grade:

Final Cut grade = Maximum(Sum(Brightness ,Dispersion ,Contrast ,Leakage ,Weight Ratio, Durability ,Tilt), Girdle, Culet, Symmetry, Polish)

The first 7 are a cumulative deduction.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys :wavey: . Thanks for your help. Do you remember that Garry posted cut charts that compared the Platinum DQF charts with the new new gold standard proportion based DQR. He had pages of material, divided, I believe, by table %. That is what I am looking for for. Did he get the charts from Serg? I remember them, but cannot remember the data. Maybe this information will help.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Stone!! There is one more chart that I'm looking for. It is the comparison between the AGS Platinum DQD and the new AGA "gold standard" DQR. I know we had it on PS because I spent considerable time comparing the two. I appreciate your help :kiss:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
risingsun said:
Thank you, Stone!! There is one more chart that I'm looking for. It is the comparison between the AGS Platinum DQD and the new AGA "gold standard" DQR. I know we had it on PS because I spent considerable time comparing the two. I appreciate your help :kiss:

I meant to say "...the new AGS" gold standard DQR." :oops:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No prob. :razz:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Regular Guy said:
Hi, Marian,

You know, what I turned up doesn't seem right, really, but it may be, and it's all I readily point to.

In the pinned "helpful threads" thread, you get this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=123202

pointing you to the history of patterns of types of reports. But, the only quick & dirty for what would be Platinum, and this is probably what you want, dates back to 2004, but may be correct, is in FAQs, and is here:

faq1/ags-and-gia-cut-comparison-charts-t41793.html

I wouldn't bet money this is the most current info, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the only info we published, either.

Best,

Thanks for the links, Ira. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it is very good information to have. I need to start keeping a file. You should see the notes all over my desk :shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results