shape
carat
color
clarity

I need the Idealscope image experts to explain...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
This is a WF ACA that can easily be found usuing PS or on WF''s site. I want to really understand this image. I read the IS write up on here and IS.com but what do I make of the darker colored octagon in the middle and are the diamond shaped leakage spots between each arrow a bad thing? I know the V shaped white spots at the ends of the arrows are not considered bad, but Gary and company can you give me a full elaboration of this?

Thank you.

is_AGS-8509201.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you read this thread below, there are some posts from John Q which explain much of what you can see on the Idealscope image regarding the cutting style chosen. The diamond above looks like a Classic Line, you can see in the thread great info about IS images and the classic line cutting, compared to a New Line which generally doesn't have the light areas on the IS images. From what I understand, the darker shape you mention is a result of the lighting or photography techniques and the white areas in between the arrows are typical of classic line cutting and help to provide contrast - no worries.
Hope this helps!

ETA - yes and I forgot to mention the darker area is the outline of the table facet and it appears that way due to the lighting and photography apparently - thanks for remindies Ell!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-stone-new-line-or-classic.36907/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:49:30 AM
Author:phiberoptik
This is a WF ACA that can easily be found usuing PS or on WF''s site. I want to really understand this image. I read the IS write up on here and IS.com but what do I make of the darker colored octagon in the middle and are the diamond shaped leakage spots between each arrow a bad thing? I know the V shaped white spots at the ends of the arrows are not considered bad, but Gary and company can you give me a full elaboration of this?

Thank you.
I believe you are referring to the outline of the table facet.

No, they add scintillation.

Great stone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s weird Lorelei, your post wasn''t there when I went to post my response...And it didn''t take 5 min. to post!!
9.gif

(difference between yours and mine)

Spooky....

*looking for ghost emotie*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t find a ghostie, but I have a witchy instead! I find that with posts too, most odd!

broomstick.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 11:32:36 AM
Author: Lorelei
I can''t find a ghostie, but I have a witchy instead! I find that with posts too, most odd!
lol! Great, you should add her to that thread, if you haven''t already.
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 11:37:32 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/27/2007 11:32:36 AM
lol! Great, you should add her to that thread, if you haven''t already.
41.gif
Popping over there now to add her to our threddy, I can''t click and drag which is a pain and I have tried and tried with the '' structions too...
39.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 11:41:16 AM

Popping over there now to add her to our threddy, I can't click and drag which is a pain and I have tried and tried with the ' structions too...
39.gif
Hmm, I can't think of any other tips to give you, besides what's already in that thread on how to....if I do think of something else, I'll let ya know.

Sorry for the threadjack!

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
So would the New Line or Classic cut create the diamond to appear larger? I dont know which way i would sway, but I keep reading that a well cut diamond many times looks larger than a poorer cut diamond of the same carat weight. Would the v''s around the girdle take away from the size appearance of the diamond?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is a WF ACA that can easily be found usuing PS or on WF's site. I want to really understand this image. I read the IS write up on here and IS.com but what do I make of the darker colored octagon in the middle and are the diamond shaped leakage spots between each arrow a bad thing? I know the V shaped white spots at the ends of the arrows are not considered bad, but Gary and company can you give me a full elaboration of this?

Thank you.
Phib, no worries on an ACA stone - looks gorgeous.

The darker colored octagon isn't a reason to worry - that's the deepest part of the diamond, so backlighting through that will appear a bit different than through the edges, which are less deep.

The white spots between the arrows aren't a bad thing; they provide contrast within the stone. As shown here, they make the stone lively instead of monochromatic.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you.
Please read these 2 pages tucked away in the newsletter section
http://ideal-scope.com/newsletters_issue003.asp
http://ideal-scope.com/newsletters_issue004.asp

You are over analysing the dark octagon thing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
phiberoptik
are you leaning toward the rb? that one you posted looks nice
9.gif

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Skippy, yes I am.

I have decided to go with the timeless look of RBs rather than princess cuts. I just feel its the right path for her and the princess 3 stone rings I originally was looking at were more for me. I actually prefer the RBs now because of the added brilliance that they give off compared to princess cuts.

I may be buying local though, but I really liked this diamond. i dont see it on WF anymore though. I more or less wanted to fully understand the IS image to apply to any diamond.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Yes Gary, thank you.

I was just unsure if the table octogon being dark almost gray was a good thing or bad thing because a lot of the IS images I see, they are slightly lighter or the same color as the surrounding area.

The complicated part for me is, I have yet to see two diamonds in person which are cut with each of these strategies of New Line and Classic to see which I like the performance of.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a very nice ideal scope image!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results