shape
carat
color
clarity

I need info on Alexandrite inclusions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mkkwilson

Rough_Rock
Could anyone direct me to hopefully a link ,,,,but ok a book is alright that talks about inclusions in large (4ct +) Alexandrites.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

Like what? Type of inclusions? - that would better be served by some gemology reports and I don't know of any holistic report online. For the analysis of one large bauble, LOOK HERE.

About clarity and value there is THIS.

Citing that source:

"In terms of clarity, alexandrite is comparable to ruby, with clean faceted stones in sizes above one carat being rare and extremely rare in sizes above 2–3 carats. Negative crystals and parallel rutile silk are common inclusions."

This summs up pretty well any opinion I've ever heard about the matter - that 'eye clean' quality in Alexandrite is a bonus and value depends vastly on color and color change for any size, as long as the inclusions 'do not detract'. That usually means that some may showupon close inspection unaided by magnification, but most of the gem is transparent nevertheless. As far as I know, which isn't that much.
38.gif

mkkwilson

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the quotes. and your time
I have a stone 4.33 ct, but seems to me the included area is large, its my first Alexandrite
So I was looking for any information on grading etc. Trying to decide how to set it

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results