shape
carat
color
clarity

I need ideas for my e-ring please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I have noticed many posters here have custom rings done or have worked with some jewelers to make their dream ring.
I would love to get some ideas. I currently have a .52 RB, H-SI1 with a wrap of 2-.25ct, both are set in 18K WG.
I have been looking up stones, and I was initially going to replace just the center stone with a .84 H&A. I think this will look stunning.

However...you all have created a dilemma for me. I am now debating on whether it would be better to just use my .52 in a new setting. If I did this, what do you think would be the best setting to really make it pop? I was thinking a halo setting, but I would love your advice. I do really want the H&A stone, I will put it in a 4 prong Tiffany style and the wrap will be soldered on.

So which would be better? Put the H&A with the wrap or use the .52 in a new setting?

It''s late and I''m somewhat rambling so I really hope this makes sense. I look forward to hearing your ideas! Thank you!

35.gif
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would use the old stone and put it in a lovely halo setting. Do you have any particular preference for halos? There are so many... Let''s see if I can find a few for some ideas...
halo1
halo2
halo3
halo4
halo5
halo6
halo7
halo8
Sorry if I flooded you with too many... I just love this website!! They do have more halos than this, I just didn''t want my list to get too long! You should go through all of the round brilliant settings, they are gorgeous!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi Noahsmom,

I was in your situation a few yrs back. For our 10th anniversary we wanted to get a new entire ring. Our budget was nice but not enough for the size stone I wanted. Since I LOVE vintage inspired jewelry, I had the diamond set in a halo setting. It was the perfect solution for my ring. I got the style I LOVE and also the sz I had hoped for in an e-ring. I also had the setting custom made by WF. In order to get all I wanted (stone and custom setting) this is what I did...I got an H-SI2 (very eye clean) stone with strong blue fluorescence. SInce I went with these stats, I was able to get my perfect stone and setting and all within our budget.

Gl and happy shopping.
36.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I love halo''s, I think they are stunning. So .52 isn''t too small for a halo? I always thought I needed at least a 1 or 1.2ct to fit in it.

Thank you for the suggestions. Knox has amazing settings. I had found some at Pearlman''s that I really liked too. This was just supposed to be a simple stone upgrade, whoops
31.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
choices 1 & 3 grab my attention.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I agree, #3 is amazing. I have contacted them
36.gif

I''m so excited! Thank you all so much for the replies. More suggestions are welcome!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:41:37 AM
Author: Noahsmom
I agree, #3 is amazing. I have contacted them
36.gif

I''m so excited! Thank you all so much for the replies. More suggestions are welcome!

I love this setting. I have my RB set in an octagonal halo just like this. It looks amazing on the finger. Let us know what you decide

GL
Annette, (another Noah''s mom)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like #3 but if your budget wont go that high #4 - with a single band would be pretty too!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I am currently thinking a split shank is going to be best, that way it at least gives the illusion of 2 bands. I just want a halo that gives the illusion it is more than just the e-ring. I have the wrap as my wedding band, and I like the 2 in 1 look.

I found some amazing Bev K''s on Pearlman''s. Joseph was incredibly helpful, and at James Allen, Darrin is helping me find a stone and I thing a wonderful stone with a Bev K or Knox setting will stunning...all for a bit more than the price of the H&A I was looking at.
I''m glad DH isn''t around, otherwise I wouldn''t be able to do all this
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 9:55:37 AM
I love halo''s, I think they are stunning. So .52 isn''t too small for a halo? I always thought I needed at least a 1 or 1.2ct to fit in it.

Thank you for the suggestions. Knox has amazing settings. I had found some at Pearlman''s that I really liked too. This was just supposed to be a simple stone upgrade, whoops
31.gif
In answer to your question, a .52 is definitely not too small to halo! I just had my .52 ACA halo''d and I love the look!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a quick hand pic for size. I''m a 5 btw!

original.aspx

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Lauren that is beautiful!
Your picture has just confirmed I am on the right track with a halo, thank you so much for boosting my confidence! Can I ask where you got your setting from?

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I too got my .52 RB solitaire into a halo - and let me tell you - WHAT A DIFFERANCE! The halo added so much *oomph* and sparkle and it gave me the vintage look I so wanted!

20metroupdatedring29281.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:23:44 PM
Lauren that is beautiful!
Your picture has just confirmed I am on the right track with a halo, thank you so much for boosting my confidence! Can I ask where you got your setting from?
The setting is from Ebay seller, Lord of Gem Rings. It's a nice setting, but it's probably not what I would have picked for a daily wear setting. It's an inexpensive setting, and it shows. Kind of a rough, unpolished basket, hollow, uneven spacing, and the diamonds aren't the greatest. But, it's great for a "couple times a week" ring!

Here's a link to the setting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ROUND-6-5MM-PAVE-DIAMOND-14K-WHITE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING_W0QQitemZ370155079912QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGemstone_Rings?hash=item370155079912&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Lauren the Partier just got a FABULOUS halo 0.5ct ring!!! It''s super stunning, I will see if I can find the linky

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Here ya go

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-heart-my-new-aca.106664/

ETA - I am moron!! I didn't read the whole thread and just saw that the pics have already been posted. Sorry for being a duffer
40.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:04:45 PM
Author: honey22
Here ya go

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-heart-my-new-aca.106664/

ETA - I am moron!! I didn''t read the whole thread and just saw that the pics have already been posted. Sorry for being a duffer
40.gif
Hehe! Thank you, Honey!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Metro, I have to say, I''m a SUPER fan of your ring! I just love the squared off halo, and your before and after pics were enough to make me go halo over solitaire with my recent ACA project! Just love the plain shanks!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Metro, where did you get your setting?

Lauren, I love the brilliance of your stone. I think I am liking the contrast of square halo and round diamond. I just found a great stone on JamesAllen.com that I might be purchasing...just for fun
31.gif

I did talk to Joseph and Pearlman''s and Brian Knox, and I''m just so undecided of what to do. I know for sure I want a split shank and square halo. Pearlman''s is offering me a great deal on them, but I just feel the urge to keep looking. If I keep looking then I''m probably going to change my mind again.
9.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I have gotten some approval from DH!

He has given the go-ahead for this setting:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/103PP1/63/

A .86 ct I-SI1 Ideal in there should look good right?
18.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that will look stunning!!!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-gorgeous setting!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I think I am changing my mind again...ugh.

I''m waiting for Irishgrrrl to post her Bev K first just so I can see what it''s like for hand shots!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a fun project, it''s going to be gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 2:54:59 PM
Author: metro
I too got my .52 RB solitaire into a halo - and let me tell you - WHAT A DIFFERANCE! The halo added so much *oomph* and sparkle and it gave me the vintage look I so wanted!
I have always loved your ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results