shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UGADOG

Rough_Rock
I need help! My wife recently chipped her ring and our insurance has just reimbursed us. We have roughly $7,000 to $8000 to spend. She wants to get the biggest ring she can. I am really worried about quality, cut ,etc.. She has been looking at a 1.58 ct EGL (premium cut, at least thats what they are telling me)SI1, H color. Based on what I have seen, it seems to me that we should get an ideal cut, color (F-H),VS2, and then get the biggest stone possible. Any thoughts?

barry

Shiny_Rock
If she wants to get the biggest stone she can
in an Ideal Cut, F-H color, you should seriously
consider a SI-1/SI-2 clarity grade. Invariably,
the Cut will tend to mask inclusions rendering the stone
eye-clean and allow you to get the max for
your money. To insure accuracy, I would stick
with GIA or AGS Reports.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Barry however watch out for certain SI's, especially SI2 as they can get a little messy and if you are concerned about not being able to see the inclusions with the human eye you may want to limit yourself to SI1 but then that would not allow you to get in the 1.5xct size range. Consider dipping under the 1.5xct size zone (perhaps the 1.3x, or if you can find 1.4xct and even going to an I color) if you really want to get one of the most beautiful stones.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results