shape
carat
color
clarity

I need an alternative to soldering! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi2

Rough_Rock

Hello!

I have 2 wedding bands that do not set flush to my e-ring. I don’t want them soldered as I do not want to take the whole set with me when I travel. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping them together and aligned when I wear all 3 without soldering them!? I considered having them notched on the bottom so that they fit together like a puzzle… has anyone seen/heard of anything like this? Would something like the diagram below work?

soldering alternative 2.JPG

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Some of the old wedding sets that I''ve worked on had a sort of hooked post on the wedding ring and a matching hole in the side of the engagement band. You had to remove the bands and rotate them to get them to come apart. A bit cumbersome, but it worked passably well. Making bands which fit together like a puzzle would work well if the parts were large enough to avoid being damaged while being worn or bouncing around in a jewelry box. It might be a bit difficult to do this with an existing set as they aren''t designed with these changes in mind.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would they be able to put in sizing bumps so they set right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results