shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I made my Tiffany dream come true

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I haven't been active on this forum in years, but I can't resist sharing and I hope you will all enjoy this. Let me start by saying that I didn't go to the mall planning to buy jewelery, but I left with a ring that was my dream beyond my wildest dreams.

I've admired the Tiffany Schlumberger Daisy ring since I first laid eyes on it - on the website - about a decade ago. I used to imagine that one day I'd have a rich husband who would buy it for me (it was a third of my yearly salary at the time and I was married to a "non-rich" man, so it was truly only a wild fantasy). I never forgot the ring. Eventually it disappeared from the website and I would occasionally do an ebay search just to dream about it, but it was always just a fantasy. I don't think I ever even saw it in person, though it's not out of the question because I bought my one other Tiffany piece at this same store 5 years ago (a Paper Flowers ring that I bought for myself when I moved to California for a new job).

I don't even know why I decided to walk through the store this weekend. I noticed it in the display and was surprised because I knew it was discontinued, but barely gave it a glance and kept walking. But I circled back to it and the salesperson engaged with me (to her credit, since I was wearing yoga clothes and even under the best circumstances don't think I look like someone who can afford such things). I thought why not try it on just to have my dream on my finger for a few moments in this life.

It appeared to be fate that it was in my size and apparently the last one in the world (I would've preferred one size larger to wear it on my middle finger since it's a very hefty ring, but they no longer exist). I was actually surprised at the price, it was lower than I expected (if you can even call this price point "low" by any reference) and these days just a fraction of my yearly bonus, not salary. I decided I was crazy but I could do it. It's symbolic for me for so meany reasons - I'm an immigrant and grew up relatively poor. I built everything I have on my own through my own career success and life decisions and risks that I've taken. I'm single now and it means so much more that I can do this for myself without needing a rich husband.

Thanks for going on the journey with me. Without further ado, here's my dream come true.

20240406_185004 - Copy.jpg 20240407_141846 - Copy.jpg
20240407_140834 - Copy.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!! I have a soft spot for daisies and own a lot of clothes with daisy prints.

That ring is glorious!

What a beautiful ring! I didn’t know this collection but now I’m sad it’s discontinued because it’s stunning. So serendipitous that you found it in your size ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, huge congratulations to getting to where you are in life by yourself, from nothing to this through sheer hard work. I am always so pleased to hear stories of success.

And now. That ring. As most here know I am a Tiffany Ho & own many pieces, but I have NEVER seen that ring before. It is utterly beautiful & it looks stunning on you! It was meant to be & something aligned to make it happen :kiss2:

You wear it perfectly & here’s to your continued success!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and it looks beautiful on!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen that Tiffany ring either but can certainly see why you would be drawn to it. Congrats on achieving a milestone in your life - even if it wasn't earmarked as one! The ring obviously represents many things to you and I am happy for you that you found one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design. And a perfect look on you. Congratulations.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love “meant to be” stories! Congratulations on finding your dream ring, it’s beautiful!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been active on this forum in years, but I can't resist sharing and I hope you will all enjoy this. Let me start by saying that I didn't go to the mall planning to buy jewelery, but I left with a ring that was my dream beyond my wildest dreams.

I've admired the Tiffany Schlumberger Daisy ring since I first laid eyes on it - on the website - about a decade ago. I used to imagine that one day I'd have a rich husband who would buy it for me (it was a third of my yearly salary at the time and I was married to a "non-rich" man, so it was truly only a wild fantasy). I never forgot the ring. Eventually it disappeared from the website and I would occasionally do an ebay search just to dream about it, but it was always just a fantasy. I don't think I ever even saw it in person, though it's not out of the question because I bought my one other Tiffany piece at this same store 5 years ago (a Paper Flowers ring that I bought for myself when I moved to California for a new job).

I don't even know why I decided to walk through the store this weekend. I noticed it in the display and was surprised because I knew it was discontinued, but barely gave it a glance and kept walking. But I circled back to it and the salesperson engaged with me (to her credit, since I was wearing yoga clothes and even under the best circumstances don't think I look like someone who can afford such things). I thought why not try it on just to have my dream on my finger for a few moments in this life.

It appeared to be fate that it was in my size and apparently the last one in the world (I would've preferred one size larger to wear it on my middle finger since it's a very hefty ring, but they no longer exist). I was actually surprised at the price, it was lower than I expected (if you can even call this price point "low" by any reference) and these days just a fraction of my yearly bonus, not salary. I decided I was crazy but I could do it. It's symbolic for me for so meany reasons - I'm an immigrant and grew up relatively poor. I built everything I have on my own through my own career success and life decisions and risks that I've taken. I'm single now and it means so much more that I can do this for myself without needing a rich husband.

Thanks for going on the journey with me. Without further ado, here's my dream come true.

20240406_185004 - Copy.jpg 20240407_141846 - Copy.jpg
20240407_140834 - Copy.jpg

OMG, your post literally made me tear up!!! I COMPLETELY GET YOU!!!! I grew up dirt poor too and always dreamed of having nice things, and always felt like the rich kids looked down on me. Every time I buy myself something super special (my watch, my VCA bracelets, my Cartier bracelets) it has special meaning to me because i did it myself, no help from anyone.

Its absolutely gorgeous on you, and i am so so so happy for you!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! So happy you were able to make this dream come true.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
What a great story! The ring is beautiful and even more beautiful in what it represents now. Congratulations!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Wishing you much joy wearing her! Congratulations!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous on you and love the symbolism! Kudos!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and a lovely story. If anything was ever meant to be, this ring was meant to be yours!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring and I love the story behind it. Enjoy her in good health!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
What an incredible and lucky find! I, too, love Tiffany and understand longing for a piece that is no longer made, especially in the right size. Congratulations! I am sure you will enjoy it for many years.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Enjoy that beauty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, huge congratulations to getting to where you are in life by yourself, from nothing to this through sheer hard work. I am always so pleased to hear stories of success.

And now. That ring. As most here know I am a Tiffany Ho & own many pieces, but I have NEVER seen that ring before. It is utterly beautiful & it looks stunning on you! It was meant to be & something aligned to make it happen :kiss2:

You wear it perfectly & here’s to your continued success!

+ a billion

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on making your dream come true yourself. Beautiful ring!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect spring bling.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happenchance is a wonderful thing sometimes - enjoy your new beauty!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's meant to be yours!! I love the story! I love that you finally have it! Enjoy!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I’ve never seen one! And now I’m besotted with it too! It’s gorgeous and looks amazing on you!! Congratulations on finding it and kudos to you for recognizing that you deserved it!! Love it!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring, I love Schlumberger, and I LOVE that you have become your own rich husband. Well done, you. You’re quite the catch.

Gorgeous ring! More pictures!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love stories like these! Thank you for sharing, and the ring is completely stunning! :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Sometimes things just come into your life at just the right time.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this ring was meant to be yours and I’m so glad you didn’t walk away from it. I hope every time you look at it, it makes you proud of all your accomplishments, sacrifices, and resilience to get to where you are now. Congratulations on a gorgeous piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results