shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new Emerald Stacking band!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your new emerald stacking band too!!! Your 2 bands and Ering are BEAUTIFUL together!!! Lovely Set!! :love: :love:

Im glad you gave the 'true' stats of the band. Good to know about Dover. You sure have a GORGEOUS band in spite of there inflated info. The tone of Green Emeralds is soooooooo Pretty to me. Congrats to you!! :love: :love: :appl:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I luuuuurve it!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your lovely comments!

It's a really lovely band. I'm very much enjoying it. It's so much fun because I can wear it with or without other pieces. I think the diamond bezels might be a 2mm height. They are set taller than the emerald bezels, so that's why I think the heights work.

It absolutely IS to tide me over until the OEC project is done (which will be January). I was SO antsy having sold the Aurora to Dreamer and having bought the OEC but since I am having it re-polished and the the setting is going to take some time (Christmas rush) I just needed a little something to give me a boost and help with the patience.

I really do wish I knew who make it. I'd love to see what other bands they have. The milgrain is to die for and I don't even LIKE milgrain on my own pieces (great for others!). It says something that I am a person who pretty much unequivocally prefer platinum, all diamond jewelry with no milgrain that I love this one.

An update of Dover: I did ask for a small partial refund from them for the mistake on the stats (not so much for the money as for emphasis that they should get their stats right) and they gave it to me without quibble and are sending me a new "appraisal" with the real information and a much more realistic value included so I can get it on my policy. I don't need a "real" appraisal for this piece but I would like it insured.

So they may use a dart board for their values and stats but their customer service is great!!

anitabee I really appreciate your comment about my halo. It really made me smile.

Sarahbear I'm SOOOOOOOOOO sorry! If it makes you feel better I bid on it REALLY early -- the day it came out and I bid pretty high (up to 450) because I was head over heels.

Purplesilk-- I can not imagine a job I would enjoy more. If I could make a living off of it it would be the best job EVER!

ame-- try Gabriel and Co. They have a ton of stacking bands. Pretty reasonable too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I LOVE that ring and love how it looks stacked with your e-ring. Seriously, what a great find!!! I think it's so great to acquire mix and match pieces that are still classic and timeless b/c it gives you total different looks but all have and will continue to stand the test of time!! It really does look fantastic on you!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1319977934|3050328 said:
Gypsy, I LOVE that ring and love how it looks stacked with your e-ring. Seriously, what a great find!!! I think it's so great to acquire mix and match pieces that are still classic and timeless b/c it gives you total different looks but all have and will continue to stand the test of time!! It really does look fantastic on you!!!

I really think that's the thing I'm loving. My ring is a solitaire. It has a halo but it's as close to a solitaire I could make it with a halo. My wedding band is very classic. Sometimes I think about different setting choices and band choices I could have made and this is a great way to keep my set as it is but to get a different look to it when the mood strikes. And then I can switch back when I want. Win/win.

Thank you MrsS!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, thats a lovely ring. Really pretty, and goes so well in a stack with your other rings

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous band!!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty...good thing you went with you instincts/own knowledge on this one!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy! I love it! what a nice punch of color to add to a set.

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1320047144|3050861 said:
mrssalvo|1319977934|3050328 said:

I really think that's the thing I'm loving. My ring is a solitaire. It has a halo but it's as close to a solitaire I could make it with a halo. My wedding band is very classic. Sometimes I think about different setting choices and band choices I could have made and this is a great way to keep my set as it is but to get a different look to it when the mood strikes. And then I can switch back when I want. Win/win.

Thank you MrsS!

Great find indeed! It looks amazing with your wedding set! Congrats and I hope it tides you over until your OEC is done -- I know how torturous the waiting can be.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gypsy, I love this combo! I'm a huge sucker for gemstone stackers and those emeralds are so beautiful. I think it looks perfect with your set.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, missed this thread until now, but I love, love, love this band. Great find!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhhhh I loooooove it!!! Congrats, it's so lovely!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ame|1319844997|3049696 said:
I wish I could find one of these in Sapphire or Rubies.

They have them on teh dover website. I just bought the sapphire version (though in my opinion the emerald one gypsy got is nicer)- however there is a ruby one still available. I think onxy as well.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band!! I am currently considering bidding on a Dover piece so it's good to read your review. Thanks so much for posting your experience. I am quite certain, just from the pics, the stats are off on my listing as well. Hope you're enjoying that beauty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk|1321804406|3065583 said:
Gorgeous band!! I am currently considering bidding on a Dover piece so it's good to read your review. Thanks so much for posting your experience. I am quite certain, just from the pics, the stats are off on my listing as well. Hope you're enjoying that beauty!

Hi Burk, the owner is very nice, which helps. I'd don't know what you are looking at, but I personally wouldn't buy anything really expensive from them. They just don't do their due diligence and I would be too scared. Whatever you are thinking of buying... maybe you can Dover and speak to the owner in advance??

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I'm looking for one too because it's my second child's birthstone. Yours is very lovely.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, LOVE!!!! :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, stunning, stunning! I absolutely love it. Many congratulations.

Thanks also for the tip off about their listings - I was completely unaware that I needed to take their stats with a pinch of salt.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I didn't end up getting it. Wasn't meant to be. Emailed back and forth with someone and they were very nice.

AsschrFan

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, I saw your stacking set on the "Disappointing asschers" thread & I just had to dig your original post up. I adore your band and the look of the whole set!

I saw that Dover has a ruby version listed (http://www.doverjewelry.com/catalog...ntique_style_diamond_ruby_gold_band_ring.html) & I've been looking for ruby bands as it's my fiancee's birthstone. Unfortunately, the ring is size 6.5 and I'm a size 7 - says not sizeable but I saw in your photos there is a small metal part in the back. Do you think it's possible?? The price seems right... Thank you!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Your stacked set is jaw-dropping! I love it. It's so classic and the hint of color is stunning (love that green color!!). Congrats and enjoy wearing them!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results