shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new bedroom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
So when exFI was asked to move out earlier this month, he left and took his bedroom set with him. I had no bedroom set, and was sleeping on a little foldout Pier 1 couch for about two weeks until some new furniture arrived.
14.gif
My folks helped me out with getting this set from a local Art Van clearance center, and I've been working on the accents and decor. I am going for a restive and refreshing look and trying to not break the bank in getting there. I've been successful so far - my grand total for all bedding and decor is only about 300-350 dollars. The bedding and lamp are from Target, and everything else is Bed Bath and Beyond, HomeGoods, and Meijer. Cat sold separately, batteries not included.
2.gif

Photos below for your viewing pleasure - comments and/or suggestions? I hate the beige blinds but can't really change them or hang anything in front of the window without having to put lots more holes in the walls, and the walls here are AWFUL - they crumble apart when you nail anything up. I still want one medium sized white frosted vase to use in the room somewhere, but beyond that I think I am set to go. Can you think of anything else?

Chandler says come on in!

NewBedroom001.jpg

Dressertop with vases - love the aqua one with the hole in it!
NewBedroom003.jpg

Wall art and dressertop...
NewBedroom005.jpg

Other side of room... I am backed up against the closets, which take up one entire wall of the room. Also, the sheets are the same pattern as the toss pillow in front on the bed, too cute.
NewBedroom006.jpg

I love this little metal Smith and Hawkins duck - he's sassy!
NewBedroom009.jpg

I love the color of the wood in the furniture, and the arches are pretty.
NewBedroom010.jpg

Thanks for looking!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful! I like the colors of the wood and the blue together. Are you allowed to paint?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 2:54:45 AM
Author: musey
Looks beautiful! I like the colors of the wood and the blue together. Are you allowed to paint?
Unfortunately not, or I''d have done some other things to the walls before moving everything in.
15.gif
I guess I probably could paint, but everything would have to be back to the drab color it is now before I move out, and I may not be here in this same place after the lease is up in May.

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
That looks totally great. You really have a nice eye for colour. The whole thing has a spa feel to it and it looks very restful!

Rebecca

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! looks amazing for so little $. love the color choices and i love love love the arches. DH and I just bought a house and it has arches for the doorways. this set would look awesome our the home! i''ll have to keep an eye out for something similar. thanks so much for sharing these pictures.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did a great job!
36.gif
I agree that painting the room would somewhat complete the look, but it is not worth it if you might be leaving in May and would have to repaint the room white before leaving.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
no horses? you should scratch the frosted vase and find a horsie in some form or another to plunk down somewhere. also, i would throw a gold-beige throw at the foot of the bed.
you''ve done a great job! your cat like it too. cats always seem to enjoy themselves more in pleasant surroundings.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Equ, you have a beautiful touch--everthing coordinates BEAUTIFULLY! Where are the two matching prints by the window from? I love them!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I agree...it looks very peaceful! Nice job!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Beautifully done! I love the restful light blue color and the furniture you found is really attractive and you''ve included some nice touches.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

nejarb - I know, seems strange not to have a horse in there somewhere! My childhood bedroom had HUNDREDS of horses, whole herds of models lining the shelves.
2.gif
I DO have a glass horse figurine in another room that I want to bring in there, thanks for reminding me.

DJ - The dandelion canvas prints are 39.99 each at BB&B. I don''t see them on the website right now, but your local store might have them. They also had a nice set of 4 botanicals with words like "relax" and "breathe" on them, but I couldn''t find a good place to arrange all four of them together on my walls in there, and they are too small to hang in the place of the dandelion canvases. Link: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stylePage.asp?order_num=-1&RN=697

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Equ, I''ll check out the store by me!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!! Those pictures on the wall go so well with the bedspread and blue accents.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So pretty and serene! Love the cat too, LOL - ours are always on the bed, they just can''t help themselves. I think its so wonderful that you are able to take these pro-active steps forward in your life and moving beyond what happened with your ex to take care of yourself. The bedroom looks wonderful, and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you did a great job, the colors are very calming and soothing IMHO. The furniture is very attractive, good job Equ!!!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty, equ. Living alone can be so much fun!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous--looks like it''s out of the pages of a magazine! I love the colors, very peaceful and comforting. Good job!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for your comments, ladies! It''s funny that a few of you mentioned that the cat looks happy. He''s actually been a little tweaked at me because of what you don''t see in the pictures of this nice room.
31.gif
He drives me NUTS when he rats around under the bed when I want to sleep, and he''s been trying to get under there and chew his way into the box spring like he did with the last mattress set. So, I went to Home Depot and picked up some lumber. I have a couple of boards nailed together under there to keep him out!

AmberGretchen, good to hear from you. I am really focusing on me and moving along with a positive mindset. "If it''s meant for me, it won''t pass me by" has turned into a mantra and I blast Natasha Bedingfield''s song "Unwritten" frequently. I haven''t been talking with exFI much because he is really floundering without me and has been saying hurtful things whenever we try to have a conversation. I also may have a dinner date soon - I took my Future City Club to a competition last week and met a nice engineer. He actually looked me up through the teacher/mentor coordinator after the competition because he wanted to see me again. Must have made a good impression!
2.gif
We''ll see what happens...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really great. I think revamping the room is a perfect thing to do to start this new chapter in your life. Your kitty is SOOO cute (as well).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like your energy is directed in a very positive way eq. GREAT job on the room!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
oooo! I love it too, and I know others have commented on them, but I especially adore those prints!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooh -- I adore the eggshell blue. One of my fave colors! (someone should write in to Balenciaga to suggest eggshell as a s/s ''08 color....hehe)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 7:30:37 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Ooooooooh -- I adore the eggshell blue. One of my fave colors! (someone should write in to Balenciaga to suggest eggshell as a s/s ''08 color....hehe)
*drool* Ooooh! I like the sound of that, that would be gorgeous.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness. That is gorgeous!!!!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The room looks great. The only thing I''d change is something bigger over the bed. But maybe that won''t work since you said the walls are awful. The cat is adorable.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty bedroom, Equ! It looks so serene and I''m glad that you made it over into a new space for YOU!

But yes, we need to see a horse in there.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!! They only thing I would want is some candles :)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I did bring my crystal horse figure into the bedroom and I found a small aqua and white vase at Crate and Barrel I liked. I will play with the arrangements some and see what I like best. It''s nice to have a horse in there!
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i noticed pottery barn sells ceiling mounts to hang curtains. maybe that''s the solution for the window?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!

Where is the lovely furniture from? I''m having the hardest time finding attractive furniture for a reaosnable price.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results