shape
carat
color
clarity

I love it - but how will I set it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, still buying Rubellite!

This one is from AJS, unheated/untreated and 2.71ct. It''s beyond stunning. In the evening it''s ruby red - in fact it''s hard to tell apart from some of my rubies. During the day, the colour shifts to a more red/purple with fuscia pink flashes. I absolutely adore it!

So, I need a pendant in white gold but have absolutely no idea what to do. I need your input please! I realise it''ll be handcrafted and that''s fine .............. any suggestions?

The Vendor''s photo:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is ....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extreme close up! You can see it has an inclusion across the gemstone in this photo but it''s not noticeable and is almost eye clean

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Playing with ideas (definitely not going with these though! This reminds me of an upside down lolly!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one! I really want a very modern setting for this ..............

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
How about having it dangle from another gemstone?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 4:11:53 PM
Author: innerkitten
Nice idea but I want this to be the centre of attention! If I''m going to have any other gemstone it will have to be white diamonds (I also need it to match a ring I have). Does that help?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
You could also do some sort of semi bezel? Or a halo with some something other than round stones?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Wow...that is a beautiful color.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of a halo - these are two pictures that I''ve seen in a book about Tiffany jewellery. I love the halo''ed look and would adore the modern spiky look of the Tanzanite pendant but I think it''s too small to carry it off ......... the halo might work though.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a pendant on PS that had almost scrollwork with diamond melee in it and the stone set on that, and it could hang verticle or horizontal. Let me try to find it...It belongs to DiaDiva. I remembered it having a blue stone, made it harder to find. LOL

I hope she doesn''t mind me posting it. It really is one of my Favorite Favorite pendants.

PinkTopzCollage.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:13:41 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Date: 5/14/2009 4:11:53 PM

Author: innerkitten

Nice idea but I want this to be the centre of attention! If I''m going to have any other gemstone it will have to be white diamonds (I also need it to match a ring I have). Does that help?
Let''s see a picture of the ring.

Kind of a shame that you want a modern setting as the shape of that stone really lends itself to the art deco style.

For a modern setting I''d mix shapes... use a round or oval accent diamond rather than square. Maybe round bezel set diamond on top, bezel set rubelite below with the short side up.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:10:44 PM
Playing with ideas (definitely not going with these though! This reminds me of an upside down lolly!
Oh LD, you do make me giggle! Only me, Maisie and one or two others will know what you mean when you say "lolly". You gotta call it a popsicle around these parts!

My idea, for what it''s worth is to hang it upside down and put a vivid spess trillion, point side down, on the bottom - I''ve seen the colour combo before and it looks awesome.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 4:34:34 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 5/14/2009 4:10:44 PM
Oh LD, you do make me giggle! Only me, Maisie and one or two others will know what you mean when you say ''lolly''. You gotta call it a popsicle around these parts!

My idea, for what it''s worth is to hang it upside down and put a vivid spess trillion, point side down, on the bottom - I''ve seen the colour combo before and it looks awesome.
Ooooops! You''re right! Thanks for the translation Gailey!

Ok, here''s a picture of the ring - the only way I need it to match is that it would be set in white gold with diamonds - other than that, we can use our imagination.

Kismet - funnily enough, the halo pendant I''ve just posted is art deco!

Stone Hunter - thank you. That''s a very pretty pendant isn''t it?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LD - that is the nicest rubellite I''ve ever seen. I also vote for turning it upside-down - the wider end should be hanging at the bottom. A round would look nice at the top.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the colour combo I mentioned. This was a pendant created by Llyn Strelau of Jewels By Design for the 2009 AGTA Spectrum awards

I saw the stones before they were mounted and the colour combo was awesome.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:44:01 PM
Author: Gailey
Here''s the colour combo I mentioned. This was a pendant created by Llyn Strelau of Jewels By Design for the 2009 AGTA Spectrum awards

I saw the stones before they were mounted and the colour combo was awesome.
Be helpful if I uploaded the pic!

2009 AGTA Llyn Strelau.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another idea. Another 2009 AGTA Spectrum award submission (always a good place to look when searching for inspiration I find!).

This one is by Brandy Hurt.

AGTA spectrum Brandy Hurt.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani - thank you.

Gailey - when you said Spess and Rubellite my knee jerk reaction was eugh! I then searched on the link you gave me (before scrolling down - yes, how stupid am I? lol) couldn''t find it but then saw your pic! It''s a lovely combination isn''t it? Somehow it really works. I really don''t want to introduce another colour here but you''ve got me thinking about another loose Rubellite I have ..... so many projects and so little money lol!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of the Bandy Hunt necklace....I also love the art deco look from Tiff. Have you thought about having it set on top of a bangle bracelet? It''s a lovely color!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That stone is so beautiful! I love the cut and the unique shape, and I think it will make a stunning pendant.

I think it would be beautiful in a simple white gold bezel setting... Just simple and modern elegance... But I am addicted to bezel settings, so I may be the wrong person to ask!
19.gif

I really don''t think you can go wrong with that stone. It''s so lovely!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many great ideas. Are you set on WG though? The colour of the rubellite is calling out for a yellow metal to me.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I will be no help, but I wanted to tell you I think your stone is lovely. I really think you could go with a white or yellow metal. I can picture either.

Gailey, Those are two really neat pendants - so unusual.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''ll cut to the chase as I have quite a few ideas (most of them just in my head though...).

#1 A halo of invisibly set princess (or similar) cut diamonds.

#2 A halo with flush (gipsy) set diamonds "sprinkled around".

#3 Bar set tapered baguette side stones for a fan look.

#4 A trapezoid cut diamond set below a wider side of rubelite (there can be another smaller one above the other side).

The stone is pretty spectacular and really lends itself to a lot of great ideas. Enjoy it!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone.
30.gif

I like your idea of using several square cuts as the ''bail'' and have the tourmaline dangling from the end. I also like the bezel idea.

Here''s my rubellite pendant with a halo of small round diamonds, I like its timeless look.
12.gif

IMG_0924s.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 3:26:03 AM
Author: ma re
I''ll cut to the chase as I have quite a few ideas (most of them just in my head though...).

#1 A halo of invisibly set princess (or similar) cut diamonds.

#2 A halo with flush (gipsy) set diamonds ''sprinkled around''.

#3 Bar set tapered baguette side stones for a fan look.

#4 A trapezoid cut diamond set below a wider side of rubelite (there can be another smaller one above the other side).

The stone is pretty spectacular and really lends itself to a lot of great ideas. Enjoy it!
Mr Ma re I always love your suggestions .......... now then, help me out ........

#1 - Adore this idea but it might be pricey AND the corners are going to be a pain because I''d have to find something with exact proportions.
#2 - this would mean a fairly thick halo I think if I understand you correctly? It might work but I wonder if it''ll distract from the centre stone???
#4 - I can''t picture this!

To cut back on costs, here are some diamonds I already have we could work with:-

5 x kite shape diamonds (currently in a ring that I hate and don''t wear but can''t think what to do with them)! See photo attached.

8 x small princess cut diamonds.

Alternatively, round brilliants are an option but I''d need to buy these.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could help you LD, but unless it''s calibrated and can fit in an LOGR, I''m at a loss - LOL!! Nice stone though!! Enjoy it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 12:14:58 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I wish I could help you LD, but unless it''s calibrated and can fit in an LOGR, I''m at a loss - LOL!! Nice stone though!! Enjoy it!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about doing a semibezel and suspending it from one of the kite diamonds?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 12:25:40 PM
Author: geckodani
What about doing a semibezel and suspending it from one of the kite diamonds?
Ooooooo now that''s a thought. Okay, which way up should the Rubellite go and the kite? Not sure about the semibezel though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results