shape
carat
color
clarity

I looked at the 3.08c stone complete with crown/pav angles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
H/VS2 3.08 carat $26,800
9.42x9.46x5.65
Depth: 59.9
Table: 61
Polish/sym: VG/VG
Cutlet: none
Flourescence: medium Blue
girdle: very thin to medium
Crown angle: 35%
Crown height: 13.8
Pavilion angle: 40.6
Pavilion depth: 42.6

This one scores 1.2 or Excellent visual performance on HCA. Problem is girdle is very thin to medium which I am afraid of prone to chipping. Do you think $26800 is a good price for this stone?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Also, jeweller said that the stone below is priced comparably to a H/VS1 stone. I was concerned if color/clarity shall appraised lower than what is stated on certificate. This price is good compared to the H/VS2 GIA stone above, but such price difference! I can live with clarity being appraised lower, but not color.

Next to each other face down on white business card, I think this stone even looked a bit whiter than the GIA H/VS2, I could hardly tell.

Shall I take chance and buy this one bc cheaper with higher clarity grade? Then again, I really don't know if color shall come out lower when sent to GIA for appraisal....

1) H/VVS1 2.93 carat $23100 EGL USA cert
9.51x9.38x5.59
Depth: 59.2
Table: 58
Crown: 13.7%
pavilion: 43.3%
girdle: thin to medium
cutlet: none
Polish/Symmetry: good/good
Flourescence: faint blue

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Compared 2.16c to 3.08c, 3.08c is larger similar to 1c vs 1.5c. Visual difference in size is not as big as btw 1c to 2c which lead me to reconsider whether or not I shall pay 10K+ to upgrade to 3.08c.

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Hi,

The color would definately be less than H if you send this diamond to the GIA. In all my years of selling diamond, I have yet to see an H color EGL diamond that is the same as an H color GIA - that is why EGL certed diamonds are cheaper!
You should be able to buy such diamond, with even a better cut @ 25K.

Good luck,

Isaac
www.dSCAASI.com:))

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2002 6:08:13 PM

Hi,

The color would definately be less than H if you send this diamond to the GIA. In all my years of selling diamond, I have yet to see an H color EGL diamond that is the same as an H color GIA - that is why EGL certed diamonds are cheaper!
You should be able to buy such diamond, with even a better cut @ 25K.

Good luck,

Isaac
www.dSCAASI.com:))
----------------

Actually, my EGL "I" color held up when matched w/ my GIA GG jewelers set. He believed the clarity to be a grade off though.

...just my experience.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
With EGL USA cert. one has to take chance either color or grade comes out lower. For EGL H/VVS1 2.95c costing only 23100 while GIA H/VS2 3.08c costing $26800, that's big difference in price, so it makes me wonder.

For peace of mind, I shall stick to GIA even though I am so tempted to go w/cheaper priced EGL stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results