color
clarity

I Like Big Bling And I Can Not Lie/"real" ugly diamond story

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Re: I Like Big Bling And I Can Not Lie/"real" ugly diamond s

MyDiamondSparkles|1292631273|2799958 said:
risingsun|1292623865|2799857 said:
That diamond is beyond ugly :shock: You warned us, so I can't ask you to replace my keyboard :knockout: Based upon the seller's description, or shall we call it a fantasy, and the appraisal, you should have a SNAD, if the seller balks at the return.

What is a SNAD? Sorry, but I think my brain is so fried I can't figure it out. :wink2:

I had enough money in my Paypal account to cover the cost of the entire purchase. I have an online business (not asscociated with Ebay) and we accept payments through Paypal as well as credit cards through a credit card processing service.

So to make a long story short, if you have money in your Paypal account you can't use a credit card to make the purchase. I phoned Paypal prior to making the purchase to find out what their policies were for buyer protection. My options were to transfer my Paypal monies into my bank account so I could use a credit card to make the purchase or pay with my Paypal balance, which I did because they assured me their buyer protection was better than my credit card was going to be.

I'm giving the seller 24 hours to contact me then I am disputing the transaction. I am nervous because Paypal has a 3-4 day wait on transfering funds from a Seller account to their bank account--I believe this is 3-4 business days and does not include weekends. I am what if'ing he transfers the money out of his Paypal account, then what? I received the diamond on Wednesday 5:00 pm, but paid for it on Monday. I mean this is a large purchase....(biting nails here)...

And to let you all know how big of a dummy I really am...I have more than enough money to purchase a great quality diamond of this size from a reputable online vendor. I just thought perhaps I could save a lot of money by purchasing one from a seller of "used" diamonds. I'll bend over so everyone can kick me now. ;(

I tell you what though, this sure cures any DSS syndrome! I know am looking at my VVS1 1.5 carat with total new eyes. It is truly beautiful.

MyDiamondSparkles

A SNAD means the item was"significantly not as described." This is something which can be used to dispute the seller if they don't return your money. I think it is used in conjunction with PayPal, but it could be eBay. It might be worth your while to start checking up on how these disputes worked. I let someone string me along for several months and I lost the right to dispute. Just keep on top of things.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As of November of this year PayPal will process SNAD claims for purchases outside of eBay - I went through this with a truly terrible seller just a couple of weeks ago.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1292637884|2800037 said:
As of November of this year PayPal will process SNAD claims for purchases outside of eBay - I went through this with a truly terrible seller just a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the info, Yssie :))

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I purchased it from an eBay vendor...I can't remember his name but he's based in Thailand, but ships stones out of Orlando fl.

It is a huuuuuge rock, but the carbon makes it look dark grey from arms length, and it does sparkle, but not the way a diamond * should sparkle. I got it for under 500 actually, like 480ish.

If you didn't buy it from him you prolly bought it from someone who did, and is flipping it for wayyyy more then it's worth, if you paid that much. I got verbally appraised for 800 wholesale, and 1200$ retail when I had it., but the jeweler also said 'if anyone would buy it'.

Deffinately return it and get your money back. Bad diamond with bad mojo attached it it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Hideous, ugly, clouded stones with terrible cut and huge black spots are a pet peeve of mine. I still remember a grade school teacher showing off her diamond rings to us and bragging that they were real diamonds. I still remember the huge black spots in the one that was about 2 cts. Yes, yes, I know. It's a matter of personal opinion. But I like cut quality, and clarity, clarity, clarity. That's just me. The idea that a diamond should be 2 cts or 3 cts or what have you makes no sense to me at all. IMHO if it's just going to look like a piece of spit, there isn't any point at all.

I'm sorry if my comments sound harsh but this is truly my person opinion.

Best wishes getting your money back.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Imdanny|1292653619|2800176 said:
Hideous, ugly, clouded stones with terrible cut and huge black spots are a pet peeve of mine. I still remember a grade school teacher showing off her diamond rings to us and bragging that they were real diamonds. I still remember the huge black spots in the one that was about 2 cts. Yes, yes, I know. It's a matter of personal opinion. But I like cut quality, and clarity, clarity, clarity. That's just me. The idea that a diamond should be 2 cts or 3 cts or what have you makes no sense to me at all. IMHO if it's just going to look like a piece of spit, there isn't any point at all.

Imdanny, it seems that we share the same opinions on many different subjects ;))

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

That is one big ugly diamond! Sorry this happened to you!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Yep I totally agree with you. It's ugly.

I probably didn't clarify the fact that I was willing to purchase this diamond with a lower clarity because I wanted to use it in a necklace. I don't want to pay for a VS1 for a necklace, when I get can something with a few inclusions (not carbon spots) which would be unoticeable to me when wearing it and at a much lower price.

My plan was to use the diamond as a necklace and the ring mounting to set a better quality diamond in when I find it.

Based on the photos the seller had of the ring I thought there "might" a very slim possibility to use the ring as an actual ring...but a great opportuntiy to use the diamond as a necklace. Seriously, if the seller had showed close up photos like I posted here...I would have passed. It was not my intention to purchase a diamond like this at all.

In all honestly the diamond does sparkle a lot so even at a fair distance it is hard to see all of those inclusions and it sparkles with lots of bright white light...that is under a lightbulb...lol. I took a video of it before I shipped it back...I will see if I can post that somewhere so you can get an idea of how it did sparkle....it was truly amazing that a dimoand with so many inclusions would sparkle at all.

I did hear back from the seller, he said a refund was no problem and he was sorry I was unhappy with my purchase. It should be arriving back to him at any time now.

MyDiamondSparkles

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

lesson learned. When I purchase diamonds off of ebay- it is a very small budget- small carat size (under 1 ct and the budget is no more than 300.) These are fun diamonds for projects. Never have I ever come across a diamond of that quality on ebay :-o !

I hope everything is resilved quickly and pain free!

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Just wondering what this persons feedback was. When you purchase from auction sites they usually have a place where you can leave feedback on your purchase. Were others happy with their purchases from this vender?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

natyLad|1292679702|2800278 said:

Imdanny, it seems that we share the same opinions on many different subjects ;))

:D

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

MyDiamondSparkles|1292691558|2800372 said:
I did hear back from the seller, he said a refund was no problem and he was sorry I was unhappy with my purchase. It should be arriving back to him at any time now.

MyDiamondSparkles

That's nice to hear.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

mdmc|1292704484|2800490 said:
Just wondering what this persons feedback was. When you purchase from auction sites they usually have a place where you can leave feedback on your purchase. Were others happy with their purchases from this vender?

Yep, I checked the feedback and most everyone was happy. The seller had a few people that weren't happy but he has had thousands of sales, so I expect that is normal.

The good news is I got my refund in full today. Yay! :twirl:

A big lesson was learned here...I definitely will never buy another diamond that is not certified. :nono:

MyDiamondSparkles

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results