shape
carat
color
clarity

i know there are a lot of pet owners on PS..

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for making it all serious. I know of people who are hurt by his comments and it pissed me off.

He probably doesn't even care who he hurts. I know his type. Many of my friends' parents are older HK Chinese people who think that way. They criticize everyone but never look in the mirror. Thank goodness my own family isn't like that or else I'd disown them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No apologies needed FK... He will never get it. :(

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1361914431|3391127 said:
Sorry for making it all serious. I know of people who are hurt by his comments and it pissed me off.

He probably doesn't even care who he hurts. I know his type. Many of my friends' parents are older HK Chinese people who think that way. They criticize everyone but never look in the mirror. Thank goodness my own family isn't like that or else I'd disown them!

Don't apologize. I thought your comments re: fertility were spot on and someone needed to say it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1361910952|3391053 said:
Guys, it's *DF* - Provocateur extraordinaire! Disagree with him, but don't let him raise your blood pressure.

^This! Absurdity abounds in DF logic.

Reading this thread has made for good afternoon entertainment though. I almost spit out my brownie when I read about DF's parrot never needing his kidney.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would allow their feelings to be hurt over something DF says when we all know it's for stir-the-caca value only.

C'monnnnnnnnn.

On another note, I can assure you all that I'll absolutely be donating organs to my dog long before I donate them to DF. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1361918243|3391182 said:
Honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would allow their feelings to be hurt over something DF says when we all know it's for stir-the-caca value only.

C'monnnnnnnnn.

On another note, I can assure you all that I'll absolutely be donating organs to my dog long before I donate them to DF. :devil: :devil: :devil:

THIS!!!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
If you donate a kidney to your parrot is had best be served on toast points.

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
packrat|1361913290|3391105 said:
forget the kids and the pets. My husband is more expensive than all of them. I think I'll start starving him. Purely for my own enjoyment.

Only rich people should have kids. Or pets. Or husbands. And fancy schmancy funerals that could feed starving kids in Africa for 17 years but whatever. Screw poor people! You don't deserve anything!

Lol!!! Great idea to start starving husbands! Maybe DF's wife will do the same. :naughty: :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

C'monnnnnnnnn.

i still love ya Alj... :lol:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Today is my Coco's 9th Birthday and we gave her a HUGE $5000 party with all of her kitty friends...it was a BLAST!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1361865600|3390684 said:
Then why do you always turn it into a children vs. pets debate? Do you realize that for people who cannot have human children, their pets ARE their children. Your snide remarks and false pity of people who "don't know the difference between human and animals" insulting. Love is love. What's it to you? It's not like they're starving your children!

I, for one, am unable to have children and my pets are my family! My SLE Lupus robbed me of my health and I am not well enough to adopt, either. What does this make me? It isn't either or....it should be BOTH....all inclusive...a FAMILY!

My family belives in an all out funeral, too, but not to the extreme that you are talking about DF. All of the arrangements have been made and paid for...years ago. I'm not into that, at all, and have chosen to donate my organs and then will be cremated. DH wants a funeral and burial, but I don't want to go that route. Chances are that I'll go first and I trust that my DH will abide by my wishes as I have requested. My furbabies will go with me.

Lori

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1361922952|3391263 said:

C'monnnnnnnnn.

i still love ya Alj... :lol:

Yep - and I love you too.

Just not as much as I love my dog. :naughty: :devil:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked in to see this thread. Wow. I am just speechless. Well, actually I am not... I could say things but I'd rather not stoop to DF's level. That is all. Carry on being the awful troll you are. And I will ensure I never respond to any post of yours.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1361838930|3390372 said:
but if you are trying to save $$$ why do you still own pets??.. :confused: pets are so expensive to keep just think of the money you can save each month w/o owning any pets,soooo...i don't get the "how do you save money thread" since most of us are pet owners.

I "still" own pets because they are not disposable items. I made a commitment when I adopted them. My circumstances have changed, but that's an issue for me to deal with, and it should not affect them. I have cats. Some people like to roll their eyes and call my cats my children. I correct them, saying it's even worse than that: They are my peers, my equals. :lol: Besides, I have no spouse and no children, so I enjoy the company of my cats. They have a lot of personality. And they are not pushovers.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty|1361839426|3390379 said:
Dying is the easiest way to save money. :rolleyes: Sorry guys, my eye rolling was aimed towards DF.
LMAO! He could probably eliminate his Internet account and sell off the computer(s), too.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1361838930|3390372 said:
but if you are trying to save $$$ why do you still own pets??.. :confused: pets are so expensive to keep just think of the money you can save each month w/o owning any pets,soooo...i don't get the "how do you save money thread" since most of us are pet owners.

Why do we still own pets?
Because EVERYONE'S. PRIORITIES. ARE. DIFFERENT.
I am definitely in the minority here, as a student working part-time my income is a pittance compared to 99% of PS. Even when I was working sixty hours a week, my income was probably equal to what some people's diamond budgets are. Not judging, just stating fact - everyone's situations are different.
But my dogs are among my top priorities, so if I needed to cut out spending, pet care would not be an area in which I would do so. Period.

"How do you save money?" is understood to be on variable household costs, monthly expenses like cable and on entertainment. Pets, for most of us owners, do not fall in any of these categories, but rather above them - as part of the given cost of feeding/clothing/sheltering/medicating the FAMILY.

Hitting submit against my better judgement. :rolleyes:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Save some.
Spend some.

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! I often joke that I have an unhealthy "love" relationship with my dog...meaning that we both just love each other SO much. I would do almost anything for my dog and have gone to quite extensive lengths to keep him healthy. My dog has degenerative disk disease that has rendered him paralyzed on 3 different occasions. I refused to put my paralyzed dog down because of a dumb disk pushing on his spinal cord. He had spinal surgery at the cost most people wouldn't even spend on a diamond. Now, you probably think I'm a fool and I don't care. I can spend my money as I see fit. I'm just saying that there are people out there that would do anything in their means to care for their pets.

D

Deactivated member 42515

LetItShine said:
WOW!!! I often joke that I have an unhealthy "love" relationship with my dog...meaning that we both just love each other SO much. I would do almost anything for my dog and have gone to quite extensive lengths to keep him healthy. My dog has degenerative disk disease that has rendered him paralyzed on 3 different occasions. I refused to put my paralyzed dog down because of a dumb disk pushing on his spinal cord. He had spinal surgery at the cost most people wouldn't even spend on a diamond. Now, you probably think I'm a fool and I don't care. I can spend my money as I see fit. I'm just saying that there are people out there that would do anything in their means to care for their pets.
I agree with you 100%!!!! I don't care how much money surgery or anything else is going to cost! If it means fixing my baby, and getting them well, I will do ANYTHING!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just read an article on The Hairpin about how somebody's relationship cost them money, and it made me think of this. TRUTH. The people who say they best things in life are free? THEY LIE. Anything that's worth having had a price, one way or another. My husband is spending enormous sums keeping me in bling. I'm spending enormous sums keeping him in tech. We're both spending enormous sums - I shudder to think - properly educating the two-legged offspring. By comparison, my cats ain't asking for much, compared to what they give. Plus, they're less likely to argue over who gets the remote, or to steal the last glass of wine. Therefore, they can haz cheezeburger, or whatever else their little kitty hearts require.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1362103318|3393215 said:
LetItShine said:
I agree with you 100%!!!! I don't care how much money surgery or anything else is going to cost! If it means fixing my baby, and getting them well, I will do ANYTHING!

And I also agree with you 100%!! Our pets are our family members. Furry family members but family members nonetheless. If it is within our power to help ofc we are going to do anything we can to improve their quality of life and do whatever medically necessary to that end.

That's how I was raised, that is how my whole family views our animals and there is nothing strange about it to us though I know others balk at the money spent.

When I was a little girl (a very very very long time ago) our dog got ill and needed a very expensive surgery that might not help and ofc my parents wanted him to have every chance. It was over 7K at the time (mid 70's) so you can imagine how much money that would have been today. And my parents were not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But there was never a question of if, just how. Sadly our dog died shortly afterwards but that dog knew he was loved and loved dearly. We gave him the best life any dog could ever hope for and he enriched our lives even more. OK, tearing up. Still miss him. ::)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1362103684|3393222 said:
I just read an article on The Hairpin about how somebody's relationship cost them money, and it made me think of this. TRUTH. The people who say they best things in life are free? THEY LIE. Anything that's worth having had a price, one way or another. My husband is spending enormous sums keeping me in bling. I'm spending enormous sums keeping him in tech. We're both spending enormous sums - I shudder to think - properly educating the two-legged offspring. By comparison, my cats ain't asking for much, compared to what they give. Plus, they're less likely to argue over who gets the remote, or to steal the last glass of wine. Therefore, they can haz cheezeburger, or whatever else their little kitty hearts require.

I agree. I'd buy mine a McDonald's franchise if they'd just find the words to ask! :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
DF I was just wondering if you are as rude to your daughters as you are to some of the ladies on this forum. Or how would you feel if another man antagonize your daughters this way :?: My 2.5 year old has better manners.

As for pets, I feel my dogs are better then most people. I love them and if I have to cut corners I will do it to keep/ save/ defend them. I'm also a mom and my children love our pets. They would be DEVASTED if anything happend to them. Plus my DH is gone often for work. I really enjoy having them around the house, going on walks etc when he is gone.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
OK- just now reading this thread,too. And now I'm understanding why DF was just called a troll on another forum and given a time out. Not even going to take his bait for answering on this topic.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1362151074|3393564 said:
DF I was just wondering if you are as rude to your daughters as you are to some of the ladies on this forum. Or how would you feel if another man antagonize your daughters this way :?: My 2.5 year old has better manners.

As for pets, I feel my dogs are better then most people. I love them and if I have to cut corners I will do it to keep/ save/ defend them. I'm also a mom and my children love our pets. They would be DEVASTED if anything happend to them. Plus my DH is gone often for work. I really enjoy having them around the house, going on walks etc when he is gone.
i am really a nice guy... ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results