shape
carat
color
clarity

I just went to look..... and I upgraded!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful classic ring! I love that it was a spontaneous upgrade! Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I also got a kick out of your title, way to go and CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luvs, that''s great! I love your setting, it really shows off the diamond!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! White and sparkly! I love the classic, six prong, white metal, solitaire. Class, class, class, every mm of it!
You must be so excited! Sounds like a nice, supportive hubby too. Where did you get it? Did you trade in your .30? Or did you keep it for another "project"?
Um, and some hand pics please?!

Best,
LizzyD

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! A beautiful new solitaire AND you get to keep your three stone as your RHR?! that''s my kind of upgrade
28.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty and classic! Your ring looks great on your hand. And 0.50 carats is NOT small. It''s bigger than average.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all of you!!! Well the ring came from Friedmans Jewelers ,,, the same place my three stone came from. I just can''t get over how white and sparklie it is for a .50ct. I would have never thought I would own a color G stone. I always look at like I and J colored stones, but the clarity and price was right so I had to do it. I would have never traded in my three stone. They asked if that was what I wanted to do and I was like no way! I have thirdy days to see if I really like the stone and wish to keep it, ( they''re is no way I''m taking it back
27.gif
) . As large of a stone that I think I will ever go is like .65 or .75ct, it seems like my hand looks strange with a 1+ carat stone on it. So I will only upgrade ( maybe ) one more time, who knows I''m really loving this stone.

When the sun comes back out ( had lots of rain ) I''ll take better pix, I''m going to keep it reall for us under 1ct girls, and play around with my cameras and loupe. So if you are a fan of under 1ct stones stay tuned!!!
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful new diamond! I think most of us here truly like diamonds of all sizes!

aimdog

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:10:13 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
I know she might not be big to you but I think I''m in love with a half a carat!!!
30.gif

I think it''s lovely!!!! It looks perfect on your hand. Congrats
36.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Hi luvs
35.gif
I agree that it is a elegant and classy size. No offense to any women who have the larger diamond.
4.gif
I just think that it all depends on the woman and how it looks on her hand. It is so beautiful!!! CONGRATS on your upgrage!!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats girl! It''s beautiful. Haha. I love your title too! True PSer!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I think your new ring is just beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Size depends on the person!!!! Diamond sizes for the women in my family really differ per person...the two diamond lovers who want major "bling" (my aunt and myself!) have larger diamonds (she has a .87ct round in a unique diamond setting, I have a 2ct asscher). My Mom who is really classy but also unique has a 3/4 Marquise in a gold cathedral setting! My aunt, who is simple and classic, has a 1/4ct round diamond that looks great on her.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! And how fun was it that you did it spontaneously!
emteeth.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvsdiamonds, your new stone is gorgeous, and your ring is so elegant and beautiful. Do you happen to have any pics of your 0.33 stone? I''d love to see them! I''m definitely a fan of under 1 ct. stones.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful, congrats. Love the classic setting. ENJOY!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What an unexpected surprise! Aren''t they the best?
31.gif

Just think, little did you know when you woke up that morning that you be going to bed with such a beautiful ring on your finger! This beauty was just sitting there waiting for you to come and take her home!
36.gif

Enjoy our new upgrade!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 11:30:50 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Congratulations on your beautiful new diamond! I think most of us here truly like diamonds of all sizes!
diamondseeker2006, you are so right, I think what really matters is that the diamond you have is it''s best!
emwink.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:01:23 PM
Author: aimdog

Date: 6/27/2006 8:10:13 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
I know she might not be big to you but I think I''m in love with a half a carat!!!
30.gif

I think it''s lovely!!!! It looks perfect on your hand. Congrats
36.gif
Thank you so much aimdog. I can''t wait to take better pix so everyone can see the fire this stone has and it''s soooo white...
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 2:34:25 AM
Author: Cinderella
So pretty and classic! Your ring looks great on your hand. And 0.50 carats is NOT small. It''s bigger than average.
thanks cinderella, it really isn''t small next to my promise ring that was .25ct , and then my first ering that was .33ct , so I guess .50ct is huge.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:20:19 PM
Author: BlackDiamond21
Hi luvs
35.gif
I agree that it is a elegant and classy size. No offense to any women who have the larger diamond.
4.gif
I just think that it all depends on the woman and how it looks on her hand. It is so beautiful!!! CONGRATS on your upgrage!!!
36.gif
This is true BlackDiamond21, I''m the type of woman that likes to be classy and make a statement . Big enough to notice but not overpower my hand.
9.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:39:37 PM
Author: snlee
Congrats girl! It''s beautiful. Haha. I love your title too! True PSer!
Yes I admit it , I am a true PSer!!!!
16.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! So classy! Congratulations! More pictures please...I have a thing for .50 carats...b/c I''ll most likely be getting one hehe.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 12:58:46 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I think your new ring is just beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Size depends on the person!!!! Diamond sizes for the women in my family really differ per person...the two diamond lovers who want major ''bling'' (my aunt and myself!) have larger diamonds (she has a .87ct round in a unique diamond setting, I have a 2ct asscher). My Mom who is really classy but also unique has a 3/4 Marquise in a gold cathedral setting! My aunt, who is simple and classic, has a 1/4ct round diamond that looks great on her.
I also love diamonds ( of all sizes ) I just think no one could go wrong with a stone from .50ct to 1.00ct.
21.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 1:22:47 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Beautiful!! And how fun was it that you did it spontaneously!
emteeth.gif
It was such a rush!!! I knew I was going to upgrade but didn''t know right then , you know... And then it was just one of those things like , Well it''s on my finger now I guess you''ll have to fight me to get it off!!! hehe!
emotion-5.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 1:33:32 PM
Author: Kim N
luvsdiamonds, your new stone is gorgeous, and your ring is so elegant and beautiful. Do you happen to have any pics of your 0.33 stone? I''d love to see them! I''m definitely a fan of under 1 ct. stones.
When I take more pix I will take some of the .33ct and the .50ct side by side, just to show the difference in carat size.
4.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 4:07:16 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
What an unexpected surprise! Aren''t they the best?
31.gif

Just think, little did you know when you woke up that morning that you be going to bed with such a beautiful ring on your finger! This beauty was just sitting there waiting for you to come and take her home!
36.gif

Enjoy our new upgrade!
And yes, I did go to bed with it on my finger, and it sparkles even in the dark...
5.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
very beautiful. Congrats!!!!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 5:23:16 PM
Author: IrishAngel
I love it! So classy! Congratulations! More pictures please...I have a thing for .50 carats...b/c I''ll most likely be getting one hehe.
Oh thanks,,, yes they are so classy and perfect. I will take more pix and post them and I can''t wait to see your .50ct!!!
9.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Luvs, inspired by your ring...

I stopped off at a local B&M today with my housemate and FF. Or rather we went, and he was dragged along.
31.gif

I decided it was ''important to show him actual physical versions of my ideal ring'' (AKA: Oooo, sparklies!
18.gif
*hauls FF into store, mere steps behind housemate*)

It was interesting to revisit some of the rings I had tried on before getting my promise ring (approx 1 ct sized sapphire, with two pear topaz sides) because I was a little worried about ''shrinkage''.

I''m happy to say that I still prefer the .50 - .75 range, with the perfect size being the .60''s. The proportions of your ring, with that delicate setting... I really love it. I personally find the multi-stone rings can look a little ''overdone'' and the impact is lessened for me.

It was fabulous to try those babies on, and bask in their fire. Man, diamonds are a whole different animal in person than in photos. Never ceases to amaze me.

Congrats again on having my dream ring!
36.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Small,,,,,,, I just thought I would change my avatar again!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results