shape
carat
color
clarity

I just went to look..... and I upgraded!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Well some of you know from Rocky Talk, that I was thinking of slowley upgrading and starting with a pendent and then moving it to a solitaire. Well I went to my fav. local jewelers today to just try stuff on and I went and did it, I upgraded. Ok I know a upgrade for some on PS is like carats , but me ,,, I went from .33ct to .50ct. My husband and I said that it would just be the easiest for us to go with a .50 and see what I think of the size. I''m the type of person that likes a stone that compliments the hand and doesn''t overwhelm. To tell you the truth I think I''ll like the .50 for a while , it has that perfect size feel to it for me. Well I know you like pix so here some go. I would have flower shots but it has started rainning so they will have to come another day.

P.S. please understand I had to charge my camera with the micro so I had to take some of the pix with a loupe...

so here they go...

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
All I have right now is that the stone is .50ct color G. and clarity get this and eye clean SI2! I think I done well! They have to send for the rest of the papers and I will then go pick them up.

000_0460.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Sorry that last pic was so big I''ll try to resize....

000_0461.JPG

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a beautiful classic ring to me!
36.gif
Enjoy!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I need to practice taking better pix. These with a loupe turned out ok I guess...

000_0465.JPG

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Allright, good for you...looks beautiful.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I know she might not be big to you but I think I''m in love with a half a carat!!!
30.gif

000_0466.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I''m so in love with this ring, When I look at it on my hand it just seems like the perfect size for me!!!

000_0474.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I guess I could post some hand shots...

100_2715.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!!! I love the look of your classic set!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
here is a side shot, It looks like its set so high but it''s not that bad in person...

100_2713.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
you must have small hands cos that .5 looks a lot bigger than one would expect it to look!
I don''t care what size the bling is, as long as it''s bling, I stare!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful
30.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:14:11 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
I''m so in love with this ring, When I look at it on my hand it just seems like the perfect size for me!!!
I know what you mean-- when I tried on rings, I discovered the perfect size for me was around a .64. That might be tiny by PS standards, but it was perfect for me.

You have such a beautiful, elegant, classy ring! (IMHO) I love simple, delicate settings, I think it puts the emphasis squarely on the diamond.

Congrats!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I had to play with it a little!!!

100_2720.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:19:30 PM
Author: CareBear
you must have small hands cos that .5 looks a lot bigger than one would expect it to look!
I don''t care what size the bling is, as long as it''s bling, I stare!
Thanks CareBear, I wear a size 5 and it fits perfect and have long skinny fingers that helps out alot when it comes to bling...

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:21:22 PM
Author: Galateia

I know what you mean-- when I tried on rings, I discovered the perfect size for me was around a .64. That might be tiny by PS standards, but it was perfect for me.

You have such a beautiful, elegant, classy ring! (IMHO) I love simple, delicate settings, I think it puts the emphasis squarely on the diamond.

Congrats!
I know Galateia, I feel like it''s so tiny by PS standards, but I have to love what I''m wearing for my wedding set and I to believe the largest I can go would be about .65 myself and for it not to look crazy on my hand... And thank you so much for saying it looks elegant and classy, that was so what I was going for. And I just love your avatar..
5.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I have a few more pix...

100_2723.JPG

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love classic settings -- they''re so clean and elegant looking.

Congrats!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I wish you could see what a little fire ball it is!!!

100_2729.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Time for a new avatar!!!!
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
And I also want to say thank you to everyone for thier terrific words...
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s really a lovely classic ring, but I''m confused. Did I miss something; what about your pretty three stone ring???

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:43:08 PM
Author: Sundial
That''s really a lovely classic ring, but I''m confused. Did I miss something; what about your pretty three stone ring???
Oh don''t worry Sundial I still have my three stone ring. It was the .33ct center stone ring I was talking about . I will be wearing it as my rhr! And got the .50ct solitaire for my upgrade. I might go bigger someday I might not, I''m really loving the look of this .50ct on my hand...
5.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:31:05 PM

Congrats!
I know Galateia, I feel like it''s so tiny by PS standards, but I have to love what I''m wearing for my wedding set and I to believe the largest I can go would be about .65 myself and for it not to look crazy on my hand... And thank you so much for saying it looks elegant and classy, that was so what I was going for. And I just love your avatar..
5.gif
Thanks! It''s not actually a diamond (shhh, don''t tell anyone!) but it was the perfect setting and size that I was looking for, so I sent the image to my FF and told him that was the setting I loved, and what size of diamond. I have size 7 fingers though, so it looks smaller on me. I really love how tasteful and restrained the smaller stones with the delicate settings look.
I think you definitely succeeded if classy and elegant was your goal.
36.gif
I just love that white metal, six-prong look. I think the six-prong keeps the diamond looking ''round'' whereas a 4-prong seems to give a more squared look.

And when it comes to sparkle vs. fire, it''s fire for me, hands down. I love that prismatic effect that diamonds can have, shooting tiny glints of colour all over...
30.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:47:38 PM

Date: 6/27/2006 8:31:05 PM

Congrats!
5.gif
Thanks! It''s not actually a diamond (shhh, don''t tell anyone!) but it was the perfect setting and size that I was looking for, so I sent the image to my FF and told him that was the setting I loved, and what size of diamond. I have size 7 fingers though, so it looks smaller on me. I really love how tasteful and restrained the smaller stones with the delicate settings look.
I think you definitely succeeded if classy and elegant was your goal.
36.gif
I just love that white metal, six-prong look. I think the six-prong keeps the diamond looking ''round'' whereas a 4-prong seems to give a more squared look.

And when it comes to sparkle vs. fire, it''s fire for me, hands down. I love that prismatic effect that diamonds can have, shooting tiny glints of colour all over...
30.gif
OMG! I know what you are saying about the four prong and the squared look, that''s so why I went with six prong. Most people say oh don''t do six prongs on a stone as small as a half a carat , but the thing is you have to make sure that the prongs are small enough for the stone. I know for under a carat it sure has the fire. And your ring is going to be beautiful, can''t wait to see it . And yes the smaller stones do look more delicate and tasteful to me also. And once again can''t wait to see yours!!!
35.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:53:56 PM
And your ring is going to be beautiful, can''t wait to see it . And yes the smaller stones do look more delicate and tasteful to me also. And once again can''t wait to see yours!!!
35.gif
You and me both, luvs! Maybe I''ll send a link to this thread to my FF, as a ''hint''!
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 8:58:03 PM

Date: 6/27/2006 8:53:56 PM
And your ring is going to be beautiful, can''t wait to see it . And yes the smaller stones do look more delicate and tasteful to me also. And once again can''t wait to see yours!!!
35.gif
You and me both, luvs! Maybe I''ll send a link to this thread to my FF, as a ''hint''!
31.gif
What a great idea!!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful new stone, congrats!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love your title. a true pricescoper you are
1.gif
. congrats on your new stone
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results