shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the latest Guinness commercial, with the singing foam heads. Cracks me up every time I see it. So creative and such fun!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love the latest Guinness commercial, with the singing foam heads. Cracks me up every time I see it. So creative and such fun!

Had to go look that up (I haven't watched TV with commercials in ages).

That was cute, what a great giggle!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much -- my mom passed away yesterday afternoon with all of her daughters around her -- she did not have the ability to communicate and was more in a very deep pain-medicated sleep -- but we think she could hear our voices as we spoke of our love and shared family stories and played her favorite music -- it was peaceful and we were there -- I do believe our and your outpouring of goodwill and prayer and best wishes eased her passing -- your messages are so appreciated.

May her memory be a blessing. So sorry!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no longer a covid virgin and have lost my "neener neener neener" power over my friends. DH came back with the little beasties after visiting friends in TX. I was exposed on the 14th, symptoms started on the 16th, tested positive on the 19th. Mild symptoms on par with a slight head cold. Two worst symptoms were chills -- couldn't get warm unless I was under the heating blanket wearing 2 layers of flannel -- and fatigue so great that blinking was a challenge. Overnight all of these disappeared and I'm left with a tiny bit of nasal congestion. It was an eyeopener how short the time was between exposure and symptom onset. I'm grateful that the vaccine boosters did their job to lessen the impact of the virus. DH had it worse, it settled in his chest. His penance for making me sick is preparing Thanksgiving dinner which will probably be Ramen, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or toast :D

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much -- my mom passed away yesterday afternoon with all of her daughters around her -- she did not have the ability to communicate and was more in a very deep pain-medicated sleep -- but we think she could hear our voices as we spoke of our love and shared family stories and played her favorite music -- it was peaceful and we were there -- I do believe our and your outpouring of goodwill and prayer and best wishes eased her passing -- your messages are so appreciated.

@marymm I just saw this. I am very sorry for your loss.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2023-11-24 at 6.47.19 AM.png

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Today I ordered new pans for cooking because we just bought an induction range. The range is to be installed next Wednesday. I hope the pans arrive before that. Given that it's the peak of Black Friday madness...they may not. All the cast iron pans work, so I can cook things in those until the real pans arrive.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I ordered new pans for cooking because we just bought an induction range. The range is to be installed next Wednesday. I hope the pans arrive before that. Given that it's the peak of Black Friday madness...they may not. All the cast iron pans work, so I can cook things in those until the real pans arrive.

I hope you love the new pans. Let us know how they work as compared to the cast iron if the new ones don't show up on time.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you love the new pans. Let us know how they work as compared to the cast iron if the new ones don't show up on time.

Will do! I’m curious to see the difference with induction. We have a regular glass-top stove currently—first time we haven’t had a gas stove, and we opted for induction this time. Hope we’re thrilled!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Check this out peeps!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup @canuk-gal !!! All of those things. It’s honestly disheartening.

I am upset for you. It is unfortunate that people need to be told that disrespectful and abusive behavior will not be tolerated. (have HR policies, post signs in workplaces....etc etc)

You are wise, professional and VALUED!!!! And I hope you will reject any attempts to be bullied.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am upset for you. It is unfortunate that people need to be told that disrespectful and abusive behavior will not be tolerated. (have HR policies, post signs in workplaces....etc etc)

You are wise, professional and VALUED!!!! And I hope you will reject any attempts to be bullied.

Thank you ever so much @canuk-gal ❤️

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And….today a student told me to F off. So that was nice :wall:

That's horrible. Aren't there punishments in schools for this kind of thing anymore? My daughter has been out of high school for about 15 years, so I'm out of touch, but if she said that to a teacher, at a minimum she would have gotten detentions, and I would have gotten a call and inflicted my own restrictions.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's horrible. Aren't there punishments in schools for this kind of thing anymore? My daughter has been out of high school for about 15 years, so I'm out of touch, but if she said that to a teacher, at a minimum she would have gotten detentions, and I would have gotten a call and inflicted my own restrictions.

@Lookinagain there definitely should be. We shall find out tomorrow after my write up and emails hit admin…

ETA my kids are older too, and I’ve been at this too long, it’s never been like this.

MrsMagpie

Rough_Rock
@Lookinagain there definitely should be. We shall find out tomorrow after my write up and emails hit admin…

ETA my kids are older too, and I’ve been at this too long, it’s never been like this.

I'm sorry that happened to you! Do you teach older kids?
Hopefully tomorrow goes by quickly and you're in weekend mode.
My son brings home tales from his jr high, and they're wild. I taught in person middle school ages ago, and it was bad but now it sounds... different.

I teach online now, and I really don't miss the in person behaviors of some of the students. (or the post PE smells, LOL) Even when you know they're acting out for whatever reason, it's just such a downer after all the time you put in with them.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsMagpie thank you for your words of support. I do teach in junior high and it’s a different world these days. I acknowledge that I sound just like my parents did, “kids these days!” :lol: It is such a downer!!
The students I have this year have no desire to form relationships with us adults. :???:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somewhere, some how, consequences for actions seem to have disappeared. It is not a good thing.

Yup that is the truth and in a nutshell explains all that is happening in the world now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this appropriate to share during this holiday season

Throughout my life, I’ve written letters, addressed them to God, and dropped them off at the post office. I did this when my first son died, when I got divorced, and when I finally attained my bachelor’s degree after being a single mom. I never included a return address or a clue to my identity. This was just my message in a bottle, so I felt like Heaven heard me…

Today, I thought about this at the pharmacy. Mike had tried getting my prescription, but there are national shortages on many medications—and mine are some of them. “They ran out,” Mike said, coming back to the car. “Sorry that took forever; there’s a huge line.”

“But… my oncologist called yesterday. They have just enough for 18 days.” And then I did something I rarely do in front of Mike; I cried.

We walked back into the pharmacy to see six people in line, and as we stood there, my right leg began to shake. “You should go sit down.”

“It’s okay,” I told Mike. “I don’t wanna miss when it’s our turn.” They hadn’t listened to him. Maybe they would listen to me.

At different points, each person in front of us glanced back. They all seemed around my age (40) or younger, healthy, probably doing some Christmas shopping. Then, I had the audacity to think, “Why don’t they offer to let us go ahead? Mike was just in here. And I can barely stand this long.”

One man in line called his mother and complained while we waited. “Hi, Mom.” He paused. “Yes. Just at the pharmacy. There’s a huge line.” Another pause as he glanced back, listening to her reply. “Right?! He said he can’t even face his friends unless he gets a new gaming system this year.” He exhaled with such force that I clocked it at 50 mph. “Oh! And you know I take Nicki on a shopping spree every year? It just never seems to be enough. I hate this time of year. Are all women that needy? No wonder men joke about marriage.”

Mike looked at me and smirked. I plastered a smile onto my face, but it felt subpar. I thought of this woman, “Nicki.” Meanwhile I’m just praying for another week, another day, another moment with my family.

After a bit longer, they called us up and my leg shook so badly that I held the counter in a death grip. “I have terminal cancer,” I said, my eyes pleading with the pharmacist and my knuckles turning Porcelain 10.

“It’s for Magagna, right?” He looked at Mike, remembering him from earlier.

“My oncologist called yesterday and said you have enough for 18 days,” I begged.

“But like I told your husband, we can’t fill this for the full 30 days. We don’t have enough for this prescription.”

“My doctors’ office is closed for the weekend, and I’ll be out of this tomorrow. If it’s not too much to ask, can I please have the 18 days?”

He typed something into the computer, and my breath stopped. He practically held my life in his hands. “This’ll take about 15 minutes. I’ll come get you when it’s ready? You can take a seat over there.”

I noticed then how stressed the pharmacist looked. “I’m sorry about the line,” I suddenly said. “This must be a stressful day for you too. Thank you for your help.”

His peered at me and Mike, his eyes widening with disbelief. “What you're both going through is so much worse. I’m sorry you have cancer.”

“Well, let’s just say I didn’t ask for it.” I tried to laugh, but it came out like a hiccup. Then I turned away.

Mike decided to shop for some ice melt, and as I walked toward the chairs, I fought falling into the throes of irony. A private corner seat, behind a display of reading glasses, seemed ideal. I felt secluded as I mulled my thoughts. Why had this hit me so hard? Then it came to me, the thing I’d said to the pharmacist: “Let’s just say I didn’t ask for it.”

One of the hardest things about cancer is knowing it can affect anyone. I’d gone from participating in marathons to barely being able to walk to my mailbox. I faced the pharmacy’s northwestern wall and tears flooded my cheeks. I have terminal cancer. And there’s no denying it. Every moment in pain is a reminder.

God, not this! Not here. Wiping my face with my scarf, I dug a medical bill from my purse and flipped it over. “Dear God,” I wrote, hoping to calm down.

Dear God,

I didn’t choose this situation, and right now that’s hard. I don’t want to have terminal cancer anymore. I want a day where I don’t feel sick at all. Even ONE day. Just to remember what that was like. I’ll appreciate it so much. God. I feel trapped in my own dying body.

I hate knowing that without certain medicine I’ll die. I hate that these are my fears while some man’s wife is upset that she won’t get as much STUFF as she did last Christmas. Seriously?! I need strength. Strength to stop judging people.

Strength to keep getting cancer treatments. Strength to not complain and let this turn me into a bitter person with a curdled soul. No one can uncurdle milk! (Well, I guess YOU can.) But anyway…

Another person called last week and said I should quit getting treatments because I don’t have a quality of life. I laughed at first, but on my hardest days, I remember their words and it’s hard to keep going.

God… I’m sorry to be so judgmental. I really am. I’m working on it.

AND… if it’s not too much to ask, can you please give me strength? I know you’re gettin’ a lot of requests though, so if you can’t, I understand.

-Elisa

At that moment, I glanced toward the counter and spotted a woman who looked 10,000 times worse than me. She’d lost her hair and probably weighed 100 pounds—even with her walker. She could barely walk and hunched so badly; I wanted to pick her up in my arms and hold her tight. Why hadn’t I looked back when I was in line? Why hadn’t I offered to trade HER places? Screw my aching hips and shaking leg. Why hadn’t “I” done more? Then the answer came: Because I was too wrapped up in my own problems. And that’s exactly why other people hadn’t offered to help me…

Woah. Mind blown…

I suddenly felt sympathy for the man whose family always wants more. I felt bad for his wife who doesn’t know what really matters. I felt even more compassion for the pharmacist who’d just been yelled at and wiped sweat from his brow. And I felt a bit of strength come with every second that I stopped focusing on myself.

“You wanted to swing by the post office?” Mike asked as we walked out of the store.

I looked at the letter I’d written on a medical bill. It simply had my first and last name above all of the numbers. For the first time, I’d broken my one rule: to never write a letter to God that included personal information. “No, it’s all right. We can just go straight home,” I said.

With one hand, I crumpled the bill and threw it into a big garbage can at the front of the store. God had already answered my prayer. He’d given me strength AND empathy. I guess He really can hear us anywhere, even in a pharmacy in southeastern Idaho. Plus, He didn’t charge for same-day delivery or anythin’.

#grateful #inspirational #whatreallymatters

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had read the Mutts comic strip faithfully for years, but now that I no longer have papers delivered daily, I only catch it sporadically.

Which is why I caught up to a week or two’s worth of strips, and found out about a wonderful event, just this morning.

O HAPPY DAY!

Background here:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

We purchased Meyer pots/pans, and thus far, I love them! I'm also smitten with the induction stove. It's magnificent!

Last night I thawed/reheated frozen homemade soup on "P" (which is a powerboost setting) as recommended in the stove manual. Truly, the frozen block of soup was thawed, heated and ready to eat in about four minutes. Totally impressed! It would have been at least twice that time in the microwave.

On a different day, I used a cast iron frying pan (antique, smooth as "buddah", and performs like it's a coated non-stick pan) to make an omelet, and again, it was spectacular! Heat on demand, and more importantly, non-heat, instantly.

My fave part is putting the cast iron pans on a piece of parchment paper so the stove top finish doesn't get scratched or marred. Looking forward to stir-frying or cooking something that's messy, and will paper towel under the pan/pot to catch the splashes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 7.32.16 AM.png

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair that produces more oil than an olive press, chest that feels like it's on fire...WHY do us women have to go through this each month when men get off scot-free? I wish their penises got infinitesimally shorter every time they have sex, to make it fair! :lol:

AND WHY AM I STILL GOING THROUGH THIS SHIT YMANY EARS AFTER PRODUCTION OF A HEALTHY BABY IS REMOTELY POSSIBLE??! Why do our periods continue so many years after our viable fertility ends? JUST WHY?? I want answers!

Am late in the change, am premenstrual for weeks on end - WEEKS! - and NOT IMPRESSED BY THE WHOLE THING!

Sorry. I just had to get that off my (extremely sore) chest!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, that brought tears to my eyes. :cry2:

Aww, me too. When I read that I was thinking about all my beloved furry babies who are now gone and my grandmother. I miss them so much still.

Especially Francesca. My heart kitty who died far too young.

Life is challenging and death even more so for those left behind...but I am grateful for the time we had together.

I treasure the memories. She was the sweetest girl. My baby.
And she is forever in my heart.

francescalayinginthesun.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results