carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy we must be on a mind meld. I was just gonna post a PSA lol to wear our beautiful jewelry ALL THE TIME! I think we collect more than we wear--JUST WEAR IT!!! Thanks for the gorgeous picture of Miss B!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a just for fun and feeling good story. The link should be good for a week.

I read this earlier and was very charmed. Of course we curled in High School (part of PE) and University (by choice). I love "rocks" of all kinds!!!! :saint: :wavey: :bigsmile: And to others curling might seem boring--rather, it is quite exciting!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora’s ‘diamonds for all’ commercial.
Can’t stand it.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora’s ‘diamonds for all’ commercial.
Can’t stand it.

Haha, what bothers you about it? I will add that there is something that bugs me about it too, but just wondering what is it that gets you?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, what bothers you about it? I will add that there is something that bugs me about it too, but just wondering what is it that gets you?

The actors tone of voices, facial expressions while they gush over the jewelry.

I gush. I lovingly stare at my pieces. They excite me. Some make my heart skip.
I just hope I don’t have those voice tones nor facial expressions while doing so.
:eh:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

I just hope I don’t have those voice tones nor facial expressions while doing so.

Yep, the tone of voice does it for me too. It somehow comes off as haughty and fake. The lead actress bugs me so much, I actually can't even focus on the others in the commercial.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

I don't watch TV, but I'm looking this up. I have to see:lol:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story! @VRBeauty. Thinking outside the box has had great benefits for the older folks and for the curlers. =)2

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
- Do you ever get weirdly obsessed with something sometimes, such as varieties of specific products, or researching a topic?

Earlier this year I was gifted some smoked sea salt and gochujang infused sea salt, and I loved them. I went down a rabbit hole of types of infused sea salts and love using them in my cooking now. I have a truffle infused sea salt from Olivelle that I've used for years, and now I have all these smoked sea salts from Hepps Salt Co. They are delicious on vegetables, in soups, and on my egg scramble. This journey of learning about various infused salts and types of salt also included watching a lot of cooking videos, whether on YouTube or Netflix series. Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat was delightful and provided useful information.

I also ended up with several different soy sauces from Japan as well as Amabito No Moshio (Seaweed salt) after watching how some of those brands were made. My ramen eggs have been nearly perfected!

My current obsession is yoga mats. This is kinda funny to me, as I don't currently do much yoga. A little background - over the last couple years I've slowly been increasing the care with which I make purchases - I'm trying to support smaller companies (women and/or LBGTQ+ owned in some cases), with a lower environmental footprint. USA made is also a huge plus. The two companies that made the top of my list (even though neither 100% met my criteria) were Yoloha Yoga and Scoria - I ended up purchasing the Scoria X-thick Botanicals natural rubber/cork yoga mat, and I. Love. It. It's great for stretching, mobility exercises, body weight workouts, and the occasional yoga I throw in! It's so pretty, and comfortable, that I have been much more consistent with my workouts/stretching/PT stuff.

Yoloha has a wider variety of art designs for their mats though, and I just purchased their original Mountain Magic mat as I got a 30% off coupon for an early black Friday sale. The mat isn't biodegradable, but in theory should last a long time. My friend has one and she loves it. 6mm of rubber vs. 6.5mm of "plant foam" is a comparison I'm happy to make.

Scoria should have a black Friday sale coming up, and I'm planning on purchasing 1 or 2 of their 4.5mm mats as well. Might be a little easier to carry to a yoga studio and travel with.

Part of me is going "What are you doing? You do NOT need 3 or 4 yoga mats!", and the other part of me is going "You are at a point in your life where wanting to have something is justification enough. Bonus in this case, if you keep consistently using those mats, your body is going to keep feeling better and better."

So, anyone else out there end up with a bunch of something that they maybe went a little overboard with but still actually use regularly?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Do you ever get weirdly obsessed with something sometimes, such as varieties of specific products, or researching a topic?

Earlier this year I was gifted some smoked sea salt and gochujang infused sea salt, and I loved them. I went down a rabbit hole of types of infused sea salts and love using them in my cooking now. I have a truffle infused sea salt from Olivelle that I've used for years, and now I have all these smoked sea salts from Hepps Salt Co. They are delicious on vegetables, in soups, and on my egg scramble. This journey of learning about various infused salts and types of salt also included watching a lot of cooking videos, whether on YouTube or Netflix series. Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat was delightful and provided useful information.

I also ended up with several different soy sauces from Japan as well as Amabito No Moshio (Seaweed salt) after watching how some of those brands were made. My ramen eggs have been nearly perfected!

My current obsession is yoga mats. This is kinda funny to me, as I don't currently do much yoga. A little background - over the last couple years I've slowly been increasing the care with which I make purchases - I'm trying to support smaller companies (women and/or LBGTQ+ owned in some cases), with a lower environmental footprint. USA made is also a huge plus. The two companies that made the top of my list (even though neither 100% met my criteria) were Yoloha Yoga and Scoria - I ended up purchasing the Scoria X-thick Botanicals natural rubber/cork yoga mat, and I. Love. It. It's great for stretching, mobility exercises, body weight workouts, and the occasional yoga I throw in! It's so pretty, and comfortable, that I have been much more consistent with my workouts/stretching/PT stuff.

Yoloha has a wider variety of art designs for their mats though, and I just purchased their original Mountain Magic mat as I got a 30% off coupon for an early black Friday sale. The mat isn't biodegradable, but in theory should last a long time. My friend has one and she loves it. 6mm of rubber vs. 6.5mm of "plant foam" is a comparison I'm happy to make.

Scoria should have a black Friday sale coming up, and I'm planning on purchasing 1 or 2 of their 4.5mm mats as well. Might be a little easier to carry to a yoga studio and travel with.

Part of me is going "What are you doing? You do NOT need 3 or 4 yoga mats!", and the other part of me is going "You are at a point in your life where wanting to have something is justification enough. Bonus in this case, if you keep consistently using those mats, your body is going to keep feeling better and better."

So, anyone else out there end up with a bunch of something that they maybe went a little overboard with but still actually use regularly?

I go down rabbit holes for purchases all the time! I just did this a couple weeks ago for ramen and a few months ago for some marinades. I try to do it only for consumables so I don't end up with too many things I have to find storage for. :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Oh yes, it's part of my personality, but can't spend the money that is always earmarked for something else, so I have a computer filled with random rabbit hole markers and the picture chains that come with it. :lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

All. the. time. If I'm fortunate, by the time I've explored (exhausted?) all the information on it, and where to buy it, my interest has flagged...and I move on to the next greatest-fascinating-must-have-it thing. :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey, many of you know I've been my mom's caregiver for about 6 years now -- we just moved into a lovely home with a purpose-built and beautiful ground-floor suite for my mom less than month ago -- she'd been so excited and active in the planning/choosing/arranging -- yesterday morning she had a massive stroke and is now in hospice -- your prays and strength requested for the coming days and her gentle death -- many thanks for your support.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing your mother a calm and painfree passing. I'm sorry she didn't get to enjoy her new suite for a longer period of time.
It sounds like the process of creating it was a good distraction and something she enjoyed.

Wishing you strength and peace at this time.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing your mother a peaceful passing, as well as strength and grace to you and your family during this difficult time. It sounds like this project gave you all joyful hours spent together.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey, many of you know I've been my mom's caregiver for about 6 years now -- we just moved into a lovely home with a purpose-built and beautiful ground-floor suite for my mom less than month ago -- she'd been so excited and active in the planning/choosing/arranging -- yesterday morning she had a massive stroke and is now in hospice -- your prays and strength requested for the coming days and her gentle death -- many thanks for your support.

I'm so sorry - Sending strength, comfort, and peace to you and your family @marymm.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @marymm. Hoping you can find strength during this time.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@marymm, I hope her journey is peaceful and I send all the good vibes to you. You brought her joy at a difficult life-stage and that's a wonderful thing. (((hugs)))

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
@marymm , I am so sorry. I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that your mother felt your love for her and she had no doubt about how special she was to you. Not every parent gets to feel that from their children . What a special , kind and caring daughter you are!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry. Keeping your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers. May her exit from this earth be gentle and peaceful and may she know how much she is loved. Sending you gentle hugs.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry, marymm. I’m hoping for peace and strength for you and your mom. Even though she may not get to enjoy the special place you created for her, I’m sure the love behind the project brought her much joy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry to read this about your mother. I am so glad though that she got to participate in the planning of such a move. Such a wonderful way to spend her time. Prayers for strength for you and a peaceful passing for your mother. Hugs for you at this very difficult time.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, marymm. Wishing peace for your mother and strength for you and the rest of your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to read this about your mother. I am so glad though that she got to participate in the planning of such a move. Such a wonderful way to spend her time. Prayers for strength for you and a peaceful passing for your mother. Hugs for you at this very difficult time.

+ a billion.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Sending love and wishes for physical and mental comfort for you and yours as your mother moves from this world.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much -- my mom passed away yesterday afternoon with all of her daughters around her -- she did not have the ability to communicate and was more in a very deep pain-medicated sleep -- but we think she could hear our voices as we spoke of our love and shared family stories and played her favorite music -- it was peaceful and we were there -- I do believe our and your outpouring of goodwill and prayer and best wishes eased her passing -- your messages are so appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results