shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I hope your little girl is doing well! her incision looks really good.

I am, trying to get it together today.
I have this fabric which is great, its crying to be a dress (I don't wear dresses, but for this fabric I will try!)

This is the fabric as it lays on the kitchen floor after the prewash and its so much prettier in person!! Cutting this on the table is a no go, so I use my 'floor table' which is taped flat cardboard boxes on the floor...lol) It didn't shrink, which was great because rayon can sometimes really shrink up, didn't warp nor did it lose any of the characteristics that I loved so much about it.

Anyway I need to figure orientation (looks right but you never know) and which dress will get this lovely fabric. I can't do both because the patterns are fabric hogs.
20211112_175419.jpg

That fabric is luscious! Which pattern did you decide to make? I like the lines on the Vogue, but I don’t have the lines to pull off that deep “V”, so it would be Simplicity for me!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That fabric is luscious! Which pattern did you decide to make? I like the lines on the Vogue, but I don’t have the lines to pull off that deep “V”, so it would be Simplicity for me!

I ended up cutting the Vogue pattern. Of course its made for someone who's about 5'6" and I'm...not... :lol: so I did have to shorten the skirt quite a bit. I'm flat enough that the V isn't an issue but I will be closing it up because I'm not a spring chicken and the girls don't need to be breathing that much!

Its a highly reviewed pattern and many have said it would be an easy sew (I'm waiting on the zipper to get here) As I've done the cut out, I'll probably start sewing it up this weekend.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got two nails in my tire. I was slowly losing air. My husband kept filling it up. He told me it wasn’t a big deal. I got another alert on my dash that it was low again. He said it would just need a patch. Nope..I need a new tire which Volvo is doing now. The tech said it could have blown on me. I’m driving to Maryland tomorrow…over a huge bridge..I cant even imagine that tire blowing out on the bridge. It would be a scene from
Thelma and Louise..
No one is wearing a mask. We are..:confused:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This can only happen to me..They put the new tire on the car. It’s now pitch dark..I drove down a country road for a bit…and hit a very deep rut..It blew out the front tire. I had to drive on it until I could get to a side road. I had David with me..He’s scared..My husband was forty-five minutes away…I called Volvo and I start crying…That probably scared David…They felt bad for me so someone drove out to the deserted road to give me a loaner. They drove my car back to Volvo..The alignment is probably messed up too now. I don’t think I will be able to join S in Maryland tomorrow. I don‘t feel like driving it on major highways, tunnels, and a bridge until I know they fixed it..Ugh

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee sheesh I am so sorry for this hassle. I hope they fix your tire quickly. Please be safe.
Strangely though, I am watching the new episode of Million Dollar Listing as I surf PS and they just referenced Thelma and Louise too!! A 1991 movie mentioned within two minutes of each other. A sign? Of what though! :oops2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee sheesh I am so sorry for this hassle. I hope they fix your tire quickly. Please be safe.
Strangely though, I am watching the new episode of Million Dollar Listing as I surf PS and they just referenced Thelma and Louise too!! A 1991 movie mentioned within two minutes of each other. A sign? Of what though! :oops2:

Thanks @Slick1..Well if you’re physic I’m not driving to Maryland tomorrow even if my car is ready! :snooty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This can only happen to me..They put the new tire on the car. It’s now pitch dark..I drove down a country road for a bit…and hit a very deep rut..It blew out the front tire. I had to drive on it until I could get to a side road. I had David with me..He’s scared..My husband was forty-five minutes away…I called Volvo and I start crying…That probably scared David…They felt bad for me so someone drove out to the deserted road to give me a loaner. They drove my car back to Volvo..The alignment is probably messed up too now. I don’t think I will be able to join S in Maryland tomorrow. I don‘t feel like driving it on major highways, tunnels, and a bridge until I know they fixed it..Ugh

HI Joanne:

Forgoodnesssakes!!!!!!!! WOT rotten luck. But Volvo came through. I would have been scared and upset also. Take care and be safe.

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

A young Brad Pitt in your future?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random thought…I just bought myself my first ‘high-end’ luxury handbag!! Because I deserve it!! I feel pretty proud of myself because I could’ve gotten a beautiful band or some bling instead…

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random thought…I just bought myself my first high end ‘luxury’ handbag!! Because I deserve it!! I feel pretty proud of myself because I could’ve gotten a beautiful band or bling instead…

YES YOU DO! Wear the heck out of it!!!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random thought…I just bought myself my first high end ‘luxury’ handbag!! Because I deserve it!! I feel pretty proud of myself because I could’ve gotten a beautiful band or bling instead…

How can you tell us about this without sharing the details?:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it @Slick1! It will not wear out! You will have that bag forever! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I'm glad you and David are safe. There is nothing great about car problems. years ago I blew a timing belt on the onramp to a highway, which an 18 wheeler behind me. I don't know who called what in but I thankfully did not get hit...barely. those things can't stop on a dime.

For you, I'm glad it happened on flat land in the middle of nowhere, because to have it happen in traffic, the anxiety goes up tenfold. in some ways a blessing in disguse. Glad that Volvo took care of you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian Thank you…Your experience gave me a fright... I knew a person who got rear ended by a tractor trailer. She was in the hospital three weeks. She just got home when she threw a blood clot and died. Evidently that’s what can happen in a rear end collision with a truck! I’m glad you are okay!
It was so dark on that country road..so it was a little scary. I’m just thankful Volvo stepped up to help me. I will probably need another tire..but so what..I just hope the alignment isn’t off. That was some rut!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So scary!
Flat tires and other car troubles are some of my biggest fears. I drive all day for my job, and every little sound that my car makes puts me on edge.
AAA has rescued me several times in recent years, when I had dead batteries.
I'm glad you both are ok!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How about a random picture in this thread?

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Sorry @stracci2000 and thank you @Calliecake and @canuk-gal I do plan to use it. And use it everyday I will!! :lol:

I bought this one. It’s so me!! Small LV cross body!

EB6782DA-00D5-40D9-8BF7-B4CAE5A78C70.jpeg

Beautiful bag!

I am still shocked that someone in the area I live is looking for someone who can "repurpose" a couple of LV handbags into a pair of boots and sandals. I mean, the pictures of what she wants are sort of cute, but.... Those handbags are gorgeous as is!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bag!

I am still shocked that someone in the area I live is looking for someone who can "repurpose" a couple of LV handbags into a pair of boots and sandals. I mean, the pictures of what she wants are sort of cute, but.... Those handbags are gorgeous as is!

Oh for sure. She could sell her bags, and use the $$ to buy preloved foot ware! Except that LV styles are not ubiquitous. I would think that kind of "work" would be quite costly!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed it all works out, but I have an item held for me at a kitchen store. The only one they have in stock. Would love to pick it up today and not have to wait a week for shipping!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They had it!!! I mean, I know they said they would hold it, but I couldn't ignore that they were super busy (lady told me about croutons before realizing I was the wrong line) so could have sold it before it was held or an online paid order getting priority over a hold. Can't wait to get home and pull it out of the box. KitchenAid Pro Line 7qt stand mixer!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So scary!
Flat tires and other car troubles are some of my biggest fears. I drive all day for my job, and every little sound that my car makes puts me on edge.
AAA has rescued me several times in recent years, when I had dead batteries.
I'm glad you both are ok!

Thank you @stracci2000..I consider myself an emotionally strong person…but I was a blubbering mess. It was scary on that dark deserted road! I’m so afraid of another flat that I’m super vigilant about potholes now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results