carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH bought me a bag of my favorite Snyders (Hanover) pretzel rods. Saved a couple of bucks/on sale....cuz I'M worth it! :appl: :lol:

Now back to my series "Billions".

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You know that feeling you get when you take out your favorite newish white shorts and see a red stain on them......:o:((

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is the best choice IMO given the circumstances. Hope you enjoy a good day with them @TooPatient.

Okay, deleted the reply I started and forgot to finish. I thought about it and realized we hadn't gotten to have the annual get together my grandparents host every year in 2020 and likely missing again in 2021. Suggested we do the fried fish my grandfather loves since he hadn't gotten any for almost two years now. They lived the idea. I ended up buying the outdoor fryers needed, all the food, and prepping everything for cooking. They set up the tables and chairs outside (way more than I expected them to do!) and we had a blast. Four generations all together for the day. My grandfather loved it so much we are doing it again in the next few months with all of his friends. At our house. Since they can't do it at their little house east of the mountains, our new yard would be perfect! Yay.... Or something. :lol:
Actually, however much work and emotionally draining it may be, it will make him and grandma happy so we will host with the biggest of smiles and treasure every minute of it. One of the long time family friends passed away this last weekend and another is in his final weeks/months. Going to be hard with so many faces missing from the last one, but it is a reminder how special those times are.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo! The upgrades include faces! I like that feature!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, deleted the reply I started and forgot to finish. I thought about it and realized we hadn't gotten to have the annual get together my grandparents host every year in 2020 and likely missing again in 2021. Suggested we do the fried fish my grandfather loves since he hadn't gotten any for almost two years now. They lived the idea. I ended up buying the outdoor fryers needed, all the food, and prepping everything for cooking. They set up the tables and chairs outside (way more than I expected them to do!) and we had a blast. Four generations all together for the day. My grandfather loved it so much we are doing it again in the next few months with all of his friends. At our house. Since they can't do it at their little house east of the mountains, our new yard would be perfect! Yay.... Or something. :lol:
Actually, however much work and emotionally draining it may be, it will make him and grandma happy so we will host with the biggest of smiles and treasure every minute of it. One of the long time family friends passed away this last weekend and another is in his final weeks/months. Going to be hard with so many faces missing from the last one, but it is a reminder how special those times are.

I am so glad you had a great visit with them and it all worked out wonderfully. :appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH went to visit his parents, as his mom is elderly and not well.
He needed detailed notes on how to cook meals, even for simple stuff!
This is what happens when the DH never cooks, and never hangs around in the kitchen to help with meal preparation.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do enjoy stomping on them when they're crossing a path, the crunch is very satisfying.

Eeeeee! This is so mean!
I just pluck them off and throw them over the fence into my neighbors yard.......

I do get your angst though. They crawl on my agaves to feed and create long gouges on the blades.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A relative died when he shouldn't have. This is up the chain of great aunt's son's whatever. I am not involved, but am so angry for him. The nursing home messed up BAD. Like, really bad. I hope the immediate family gets all of the documentation and escalates to those who are supposed to regulate these things so no one has to die the way he did. Absolutely inexcusable.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone care to guess what happens when I hire someone to do some work in the house and the first thing he does upon entering is hand me religious literature?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone care to guess what happens when I hire someone to do some work in the house and the first thing he does upon entering is hand me religious literature?

Haha...do tell!!!
I have a feeling he went out on his arse

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
118 degrees being predicted for here on Monday. I thought 107 on Saturday was bad :eek-2:

For context, this is western Washington where we rarely see 90+ and almost never hit 100. It happens a day or two every few years. Most people don't.have air conditioning because open windows in the early morning and late evening generally keep the house pretty comfortable.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
118 degrees being predicted for here on Monday

Ugh. That's warmer than my area (predicted 113) and we usually have hot dry summers. I'm supposed to have lunch with friends on Sunday and I think I'll be putting my undies in the freezer for a while before I get dressed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. That's warmer than my area (predicted 113) and we usually have hot dry summers. I'm supposed to have lunch with friends on Sunday and I think I'll be putting my undies in the freezer for a while before I get dressed.

Now that source is saying closer to 108. Still far hotter than we get usually, but closer to rare rather than unheard of. From what DH read, it will definitely be very hot due to some pressure being pushed this way from a tropical storm. Everyone just disagrees with exactly how hot that will be.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned a new term today -- retinoid uglies. I tried a new retinol serum last week, used it 2 days in a row and forgot about it. Saturday my face was itchy. Looked in the mirror and saw my skin peeling as though I had a sunburn. Happy days because I'm one of those who loves to pick stuff and peeling strips of skin off my face is oddly relaxing and satisfying. Crappy days when I realized the peeling wasn't an all at once thing. Now I'm walking around shedding patches of skin and probably scaring people. Thank goodness the worst is covered by a mask when I go out.

I've used various strengths of retinol in the past that weren't as effective so I'm pleased with the results I can see which is nice soft skin with smaller pores and less fine wrinkles. I'll be happy when it's all over and I don't resemble a shedding reptile.

I want some!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @TooPatient, I'm sorry! Maybe you can go back to both stores and retrace your steps, or maybe someone turned it in. I hope you get lucky and find it.

I have retraced and dug through my car repeatedly. Left my number with customer service in each after calling then walking every aisle and parking area. Posting to local FB and Nextdoor groups now. Offering a reward more than pawn or scrap would be. Enough description someone would know if they picked it up but no picture so that someone else can't try to claim it as theirs.

ETA: just spoke with local non-emergency police line. Waiting for a call back hoping someone turned it into them rather than the stores.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have retraced and dug through my car repeatedly. Left my number with customer service in each after calling then walking every aisle and parking area. Posting to local FB and Nextdoor groups now. Offering a reward more than pawn or scrap would be. Enough description someone would know if they picked it up but no picture so that someone else can't try to claim it as theirs.

ETA: just spoke with local non-emergency police line. Waiting for a call back hoping someone turned it into them rather than the stores.

Oh I really hope it turns up! :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My necklace fell off while shopping at one of two stores :cry2: received_695287117586589.jpeg

Oh no :(
Sending you mega lost and found dust that your necklace is found very soon and returned to you.

fairy%20dust.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient I’m so sorry..I lost one of my studs many years ago. I went back every day for a week looking for it in the numerous stores I visited that day. The day I was about to give up my mom noticed something under a clothing rack. There was my mashed stud setting holding the very sparkly diamond. It had made it through the floor buffing that the store does at night. I would keep looking…in really odd places. It can still turn up. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that it does.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
School’s. Out. For. Summer!!
This is me today!!

90A5581C-C1A3-42F3-B597-BB3B65768650.gif

Woo-hoo!!! Happy for you @Slick1, it's been a difficult year for teachers - time to regroup and rest. Enjoy your summer!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Bleaching my hair, AGAIN. (Every six weeks really comes round fast.) Love the results and the money saved by doing it myself, but hate the process.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they go for bowls of beer like slugs do? I have been setting plastic bowls full of beer around the paths through the raised bed area. So many slugs :eek-2:

Yep, beer traps work and are low maintenance. Check out YouTube for various beer traps.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, beer traps work and are low maintenance. Check out YouTube for various beer traps.

Was heading out to weed some when DH asked me something. I turned around and stepped right on the edge of a full bowl. It tipped over and dumped onto my foot protected only by sandal. :eek-2: Hosed my foot off really well and got to weeding. Got tired and stepped in another full bowl.:rolleyes::rolleyes::sick::wall:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consider it fertilizer! Has also happened to me. Plus dog likes to lick it up when fresh!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Road trip!!!!
I asked my grandmother if she would like to go home to visit her sisters and other family. "Boy do I!" with the brightest face I have seen in a long time. I was going to fly us both first class (she doesn't know that part!) but she started talking about how nice it would be to drive and see the sights again. Okay, we can do that!
Renting a car and will drive. Can take as long as we need to get there. Can also do a one way and fly home of she needs.

Now.... To find the rental and hotels along the path so we can stop wherever needed.

She wants Indian fry bread in the Black Hills area. I want to see Yellowstone along the way if she is up to it. Everett, WA area to North Sioux City area. Should be fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results