shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I used to live in Colorado Springs...came out of the grocery store one snowy night and there was a toilet sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Yep...a commode. Just sitting there....
I never did find out whose it was...and why...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to live in Colorado Springs...came out of the grocery store one snowy night and there was a toilet sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Yep...a commode. Just sitting there....
I never did find out whose it was...and why...

:oops2: :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I learned a new term today -- retinoid uglies. I tried a new retinol serum last week, used it 2 days in a row and forgot about it. Saturday my face was itchy. Looked in the mirror and saw my skin peeling as though I had a sunburn. Happy days because I'm one of those who loves to pick stuff and peeling strips of skin off my face is oddly relaxing and satisfying. Crappy days when I realized the peeling wasn't an all at once thing. Now I'm walking around shedding patches of skin and probably scaring people. Thank goodness the worst is covered by a mask when I go out.

I've used various strengths of retinol in the past that weren't as effective so I'm pleased with the results I can see which is nice soft skin with smaller pores and less fine wrinkles. I'll be happy when it's all over and I don't resemble a shedding reptile.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , are you comfortable sharing the name of the retinol serum? Is it OTC or prescription? I am looking for a higher-strength retinol product. I know what you mean about the in-between stage, being happy it is working and effective but looking forward to the payoff :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems , I’m sorry to read about your work situation. For what it’s worth I don’t know anyone who would not be feeling what you are feeling. I’m sorry.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the TV was possessed because it was switching between apps and channels and then I realized I was sitting on the remote. Apparently I am proficient at one cheek operation of the remote :lol:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been MIA for a long while. Honestly, I haven't felt like posting/commenting/etc. Plus work has been busy, and I've been trying to stay off the computer.

I had to post, because I'll (possibly) be on the hunt for jewelry and felt guilty that I haven't said hi to anyone.

My middle child has been planning to leave the nest by joining up to serve our country. I'm super proud of her but still nervous. Because she's leaving soon (like in less than 2 weeks) we wanted to take a family vacation before she left. Planned a quick trip to San Diego (our favorite place). All the things we planned fell through, it rained and was cold. To top it off our dog Charlie died while in the care of someone else. As a result we cut the vacation short a day and came home. So sad. Not how we wanted things to go for this trip. It sucks because while I'm sad, Charlie was my hubby's dog and he's really upset. Even had a feeling that he wouldn't see Charlie again when he dropped him off.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been MIA for a long while. Honestly, I haven't felt like posting/commenting/etc. Plus work has been busy, and I've been trying to stay off the computer.

I had to post, because I'll (possibly) be on the hunt for jewelry and felt guilty that I haven't said hi to anyone.

My middle child has been planning to leave the nest by joining up to serve our country. I'm super proud of her but still nervous. Because she's leaving soon (like in less than 2 weeks) we wanted to take a family vacation before she left. Planned a quick trip to San Diego (our favorite place). All the things we planned fell through, it rained and was cold. To top it off our dog Charlie died while in the care of someone else. As a result we cut the vacation short a day and came home. So sad. Not how we wanted things to go for this trip. It sucks because while I'm sad, Charlie was my hubby's dog and he's really upset. Even had a feeling that he wouldn't see Charlie again when he dropped him off.

I’m so sorry - hugs to you and your family for the loss of your pet.

You must be going through so many feelings with your daughter enlisting. My best wishes to her as she embarks on this new adventure/career/lifestyle. If you’re comfortable sharing that information, what branch is she enlisting in?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry - hugs to you and your family for the loss of your pet.

You must be going through so many feelings with your daughter enlisting. My best wishes to her as she embarks on this new adventure/career/lifestyle. If you’re comfortable sharing that information, what branch is she enlisting in?

I would share, but have been told not to. :( I'm excited for her, but its scary as she's only 17....like barely 17....as in when she leaves she'll only be 17 for a bit over a month :O

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Cozystitches, I'm sending lots of good thoughts and good wishes to you, you have had a hard time of it lately. I know you are so very proud of your dd but also concerned and worried. She is following her dream and is very brave; you have raised a wonderful daughter.

I am so sorry about the loss of your dog, what a terrible thing to have happen. Losing a furbaby is so hard, and I'm sending comfort to you and your dh.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True story.

I recently bought striped sheets for my bed. To my surprise, the stripes run horizontally rather than vertically. Now, every time I make the bed, I can’t help wondering, “do these stripes make my bed look fat?”

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove more than three hours and 150 miles each way to buy several big bags full of candy :lol:
It is better than that sounds, but I had to laugh when I told Grandma what I did. A small candy shop that has been around for more than 100 years and such a special treat in my life is closing up permanently as the grandsons of the original brothers are ready to retire and no one in the family wants to take over. Hoping the sale negotiations go well as they will only sell to a buyer who will keep the factory where it is and maintain the standards of the candy. Otherwise, they are gone for good. They made the last batch already and stores that carry them are mostly sold out. People are driving to get to the factory to buy what they can. One lady there when I was drove more than 6 hours to get there and had to drive that home again same day. Such a sad loss if they don't have a good buyer. They are a part of who our state is! :cry2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is JAIKD (just an ice cream kinda day). It's getting hot here :(2

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes :cry2:
Very sweet, but very good. Just tried their orchard bar for the first time. Deliciously tart and wonderful. Going to miss them as a special treat.

ETA: hoping this sale works out. They had several interested in the months leading up to COVID and then everyone got nervous and the deals fell through.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is JAIKD (just an ice cream kinda day). It's getting hot here :(2

Every day is JAIKD IMO :)
It's been in the 50s here and I haven't missed a day of ice cream yet.

emojiicecream.png

Yes :cry2:
Very sweet, but very good. Just tried their orchard bar for the first time. Deliciously tart and wonderful. Going to miss them as a special treat.

ETA: hoping this sale works out. They had several interested in the months leading up to COVID and then everyone got nervous and the deals fell through.

Aww I'm sorry @TooPatient. I hope they find a buyer who will keep them open. Fingers crossed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a moth bounce off the bedroom window last night. It tried to get in for awhile. At first, I thought it was a bat! This thing was huge. Cats were VERY entertained :lol:

IMG_20210531_010146865.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Honestly, I cannot believe how many people I see cycling without helmets!:confused::confused:

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old Matata has a garden....eieio
and in that garden
she has snails....eieio
here a snail, there a snail
everywhere a snail snail

There are relentless voracious herds of snails stampeding in my garden and using it as an endless salad bar. If I'm not diligent with the slug/snail bait, all I'd have left are naked stems. Every darn year. There are millions of them, millions. One week last year I forgot to renew the bait and they stripped a 4 ft wide 3 ft high hosta overnight :((

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that me and Mrs. Bug bunny are at odds. Last year her and mr. bugs dug a nest in my backyard with 6 babies. This year I plantEd ornamental grass around the edge of my property line and the heifer keeps digging deep under my newly plant grass to the point of uprooting the newly planted grass…I have to put new soil and practically re secure my grass so it doesn’t die. :angryfire:

so I added bricks, logs, bags of sand, and cement bricks on top of all of the mulched grass after I added new soil. No more digging Mrs. Bugs my apologies :evil2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that me and Mrs. Bug bunny are at odds.

At least they're cute and great at naturally composting and fertilizing so Mr & Mrs Bugs Bunny are helping your garden. All I get are slime trails all over the place :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Honestly, I cannot believe how many people I see cycling without helmets!:confused::confused:

cheers--Sharon

Dear Sharon, I agree. Wearing cycling helmets is good safety. When I first started I never wore a helmet but Greg finally wore me down lol and now we never cycle without one. It's sort of like seat belts for me. I grew up fine without using them but once I was forced to it became like second nature for me and not a big deal. Better safe than sorry. Especially when one is a klutz like me.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old Matata has a garden....eieio
and in that garden
she has snails....eieio
here a snail, there a snail
everywhere a snail snail

There are relentless voracious herds of snails stampeding in my garden and using it as an endless salad bar. If I'm not diligent with the slug/snail bait, all I'd have left are naked stems. Every darn year. There are millions of them, millions. One week last year I forgot to renew the bait and they stripped a 4 ft wide 3 ft high hosta overnight :((

Do they go for bowls of beer like slugs do? I have been setting plastic bowls full of beer around the paths through the raised bed area. So many slugs :eek-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Father's Day is Sunday. Messaged my mom and aunt to see if anyone has ideas for what to do for Grandpa. One just has too much going right now. The other's boyfriend's birthday is Sunday. No ideas. No hint if they will even be around to want to do anything if I brought stuff and cooked it. (One lives with my grandparents and the other lives in the house next door.)

So.... What now? Forget the whole day as always happens if I don't do something? Try to find something he will enjoy and take him out with me and DH? (Made complicated by grandma not being able to be out reliably with her Parkinson's.) Bring stuff to cook there and enjoy a day around the house with them? (If so, food for 4 or 9? Went through almost 8 pounds of chicken breast on mother's day.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they go for bowls of beer like slugs do? I have been setting plastic bowls full of beer around the paths through the raised bed area. So many slugs :eek-2:

I haven't tried beer for snails but I used it all the time when I lived in Eugene Oregon where slugs outnumbered people. The slug poison that I've been using does a fair job on the snails. I do enjoy stomping on them when they're crossing a path, the crunch is very satisfying.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't tried beer for snails but I used it all the time when I lived in Eugene Oregon where slugs outnumbered people. The slug poison that I've been using does a fair job on the snails. I do enjoy stomping on them when they're crossing a path, the crunch is very satisfying.

Ahhh…the crunch. Im glad I’m not the only one. Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results