carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did they look when you got these?

They were pretty neat, some are better than others (but thats the way with shell buttons anyway) but not too many duds. I purchased for a shirt project, and I have enough out of the ones I got that will work.

They're all pretty well sized (smaller is 1/2 inch, larger is 5/8 inch) but there's a few that kinda fall outside of those parameters.

Not a great pic as they are really quite vibrant in person (shades are down and I'm in my office), but this hopefully gives a good idea.

The seller is a doll. I've ordered other buttons from her that are not as wild looking...lol

20210211_114732[1].jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went out to lunch today for the first time in ages
we went to a little cafe we like just up the river from us
its out in the country and they have lots of garden seating
And better still the bitc*ly lady has left !
Anyway anyway i piled on my finery
Some beautiful flapper pearls i was gifted that enjoyed the company of my rings
anyway i had on my $1000 mealie 10carot yellow gold wide Mall ring
and you know what ?
That baby sparkled like crazy in the sun throwing every colour of the rainbow !
A million miles away from a PS ring but she made me so happy !

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OK people time to binge watch Valentines Day movies!! All new!! All true!!!:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The long awaited living room reno started today, I'm grateful we are able to get the work done but it's difficult being in the house with all the noise. The cats have been cooped up all day and are currently rampaging around trying to see if they can destroy what the contractors built.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 95 year old mom is getting her first vaccine tomorrow after me nicely nagging and pleading with the social worker at her rehab. I can be persistent.. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 95 year old mom is getting her first vaccine tomorrow after me nicely nagging and pleading with the social worker at her rehab. I can be persistent.. :bigsmile:

Woohoo! Persistence pays off especially when one is very nice about how they do it...so relieved for your family!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Persistence pays off especially when one is very nice about how they do it...so relieved for your family!

Thanks @missy..I’m so relieved!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watching Women's tennis. Woot!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When will they learn that the cover up is generally worse than the mistake...or at least admitting the mistake??? When will they learn? SMH. Of course if he did threaten you know who then that is not just a mistake...it is a crime. But I digress. To say anything further would be breaking the rules. :(

welcometony.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watching NASA live--I wanna see Perseverance!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're still seeing worms from Gigi. These look like plain jane tapes to me. (she's constantly hungry!) So while I'm not seeing a whole lot (she came to us full of them, and with hooks) and unfortunately most can be resistant to most available meds. She eats way more than Lucky does because the worm load means she might not be getting enough nutrients.

I do worry about them as Lucky is now a Sr. The ground in FL is full of all kinds of worms that dogs get as we never get hard freezes in SoFL and NoFL might get them but its not terribly consistent. Lucky has always been in the clear but again she's now in seriously close contact with a dog that has them.

my electric bill has been abnormal as I have to wash everything the dogs have been on at least once a week. Plus I have to now check butts.

I do feel like I'm turning a corner; her fur looks amazing. She had a bald butt when we got her and its now all filled in (that was from January 3) her fur is exceptionally soft, and. No weight gain yet but she does need it.

ANd yes she had visible worms (2) on the poop. :sick::shock:

I treated her twice since she's been with us + she's on heartguard. I will say I'm seeing way less than I was!! its hurl inducing but I thought I'd share on this fine friday...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're still seeing worms from Gigi. These look like plain jane tapes to me. (she's constantly hungry!) So while I'm not seeing a whole lot (she came to us full of them, and with hooks) and unfortunately most can be resistant to most available meds. She eats way more than Lucky does because the worm load means she might not be getting enough nutrients.

I do worry about them as Lucky is now a Sr. The ground in FL is full of all kinds of worms that dogs get as we never get hard freezes in SoFL and NoFL might get them but its not terribly consistent. Lucky has always been in the clear but again she's now in seriously close contact with a dog that has them.

my electric bill has been abnormal as I have to wash everything the dogs have been on at least once a week. Plus I have to now check butts.

I do feel like I'm turning a corner; her fur looks amazing. She had a bald butt when we got her and its now all filled in (that was from January 3) her fur is exceptionally soft, and. No weight gain yet but she does need it.

ANd yes she had visible worms (2) on the poop. :sick::shock:

I treated her twice since she's been with us + she's on heartguard. I will say I'm seeing way less than I was!! its hurl inducing but I thought I'd share on this fine friday...lol

I know nothing about worms and dogs but just a couple of thoughts. Can you switch the medication you’re giving her? With cats we have a few options so if one med isn’t working we can try another. What does your veterinarian say?

And maybe third time’s the charm?

Wishing you and your sweet dog success!!!

ETA and yeah we had to treat all the cats when one had worms. It’s a pain.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know nothing about worms and dogs but just a couple of thoughts. Can you switch the medication you’re giving her? With cats we have a few options so if one med isn’t working we can try another. What does your veterinarian say?

And maybe third time’s the charm?

Wishing you and your sweet dog success!!!

ETA and yeah we had to treat all the cats when one had worms. It’s a pain.

Yea, there's a few options which according to my vet are really for farm animals. There's only 1 that I need a script for which he will provide.

The biggest pain is all the additional cleaning. The yard gets cleaned daily because I don't want a yard full of poop but it does mean being extra diligent as there's active shedding happening. I'm glad they poop on walks mostly.

I've been adding bleach to the weekly mopping since the early days of covid so that doesn't change. But all that bedding...wowsa.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For a person who doesn't shop, my DH is obsessed with online shopping.:rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone sent me three dozen red roses (!) for V day... and I have no idea who!

The flowers went to my address downtown and I got them a few days ago when I ran by to check on the place. My name and address were on a sticker affixed to the outside plastic so I know they were actually meant for me, but if there was ever a card inside it must have fallen out. For the life of me I just cannot think of who would have done this... ?!?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone sent me three dozen red roses (!) for V day... and I have no idea who!

The flowers went to my address downtown and I got them a few days ago when I ran by to check on the place. My name and address were on a sticker affixed to the outside plastic so I know they were actually meant for me, but if there was ever a card inside it must have fallen out. For the life of me I just cannot think of who would have done this... ?!?

I am guessing it isn't your boyfriend...I hate mysteries like this but sweet you have a secret admirer. As long as it isn't a creepy dude.

Three dozen roses-he's/she's not kidding around!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am guessing it isn't your boyfriend...I hate mysteries like this but sweet you have a secret admirer. As long as it isn't a creepy dude.

Three dozen roses-he's/she's not kidding around!

My boyfriend bought me a bouquet of mixed flowers from Costco -- the last ones in the whole store! -- on Feb. 13. Definitely not three dozen red roses, but I'll take those over "mystery flowers" any day. I'm still l flummoxed...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For a person who doesn't shop, my DH is obsessed with online shopping.:rolleyes:

cheers--Sharon

It can be addictive - and I have a box full of poorly cut colored stone odds and ends to prove it! (On the plus side, that led me to Pricescope!)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sick of my light blonde hair and am dying it medium blond today. I did this once before and as soon as summer hit, it lightened back to light blonde. My plan is to use a conditioning mousse with sunscreen and hope it doesn't happen again. I also cut my hair- straight in the back with a little angle to the front. I want it much shorter but I sometimes wear pony tails so I am going to keep it shoulder length. Layers have finally grown out. I haven't had my hair cut in a salon since March of last year.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHATTTTT??? Spill!!!!! :)

Yup, it’s true! Unfortunately today is a serious work day (weeds don’t wait) and I can’t really do much more than tease.

Maybe I’ll start a thread in BWW - if it’s still around - in a day or two? Just for the heck of it (because the details are MEAGER)? We’re heading out on a road trip soon which should give some time to post, at least when we’re in cell range!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I was just asked to give a one sentance synopsis of my job for an inter-company newsletter article.
"Kick ass data fairy"
If they don't know what I do yet, why should I spoil the fun?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results