shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I know I shouldn't be upset because this is how it always is, but I am sad and miss what should be a relationship with my mother. Haven't heard from her in 12 days. I have texted several times during that including a beautiful antique piece I thought she would love and was available to get (free) if she wanted me to hang onto it for a few weeks until she could pick up.

In the middle of packing and prepping the house to sell. So many things I have wished I had a mom to send to for opinions. Which color on the exterior? Which railing would look best? I don't bother to send because she won't get back to me anyway.

Also kind of sad to realize that the people who would miss me first if I died or went missing (aside from DH) are online people I have never met. If something happened to DH and me at the same time, it could be weeks or months before anyone noticed.

My son was born in 1985 (I believe you too). He is an old soul, he always was. We are the closest neighbors, but he is so reserved. I wish I could find the forum he frequents and find out what he wants me to do for him, how to be a better mother. Love and hugs to you! :love::love::love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Musia your poor baby! Lots of healing vibes and good times ahead.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, baby doggie had his surgery today, on 10/10/2020. The surgeon rescheduled his exam from Thursday to Saturday, so less customers were expected. The doggie is doing great, we will take him home after 5pm (Pacific time), no night spent in a hospital. He got his first shot in a car, then another one while lying on a stretcher.

Cat Moshka is annoying, constantly meowing and looking for his "friend". They have never been friends but I hope one day they will be. I gave Moshka a treat :D
1010200929.jpg 1010200934.jpg 1010200950.jpg IMG_3678 (2).JPG IMG_3679 (2).JPG

@Musia so relieved for all of you that the surgery is behind you now and wishing your sweet baby a full and speedy recovery. Sending bucketloads of healing dust his way. And gentle hugs to all of you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Time to start watching Hallmark channel for Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving romance shows!!!:lol-2:

Come on, you know you WANT to!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Time to start watching Hallmark channel for Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving romance shows!!!:lol-2:

Come on, you know you WANT to!

cheers--Sharon

Happy Thanksgiving Sharon! And happy thanksgiving to all the wonderful Canadian PSers!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving Sharon! And happy thanksgiving to all the wonderful Canadian PSers!

Thank you dear friend!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love bags....I love making bags...I've spent the last few days making bags. The first one is a re-make of my FAVORITE bag, but this one is larger. This was not a good idea. I don't care for large bags and this think is HUGE! I added a center divider (way cool technique that I learned watching a video). It's still too big. Not sure what I'll do with it. :/ It's 12.5" long, 9/5" tall, and 5" deep. Not huge for most people, but me...yeah...it's huge. :/
1602558782776.png

Now, bag number 2, which I made today. I love this! It came out super cute and will fit in my favorite bag (along with my wallet, which I didn't make). This one was a free pattern that I watched a video to learn how. I added the strap, because, well straps make things better. This is about 4x6x2. :D Has all the pockets! Am thinking about making another... :D
1602558887023.png

And a picture of my favorite bag....don't mind the puppy hair, that's an accessory ;-) The pattern says is 10.5"x 8" x 4" The only down side is the lack of dividers, however with my new peachy/flower bag I'll be able to have my English Paper Piecing with me and not be floating all around :D
1602558944736.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love bags....I love making bags...I've spent the last few days making bags. The first one is a re-make of my FAVORITE bag, but this one is larger. This was not a good idea. I don't care for large bags and this think is HUGE! I added a center divider (way cool technique that I learned watching a video). It's still too big. Not sure what I'll do with it. :/ It's 12.5" long, 9/5" tall, and 5" deep. Not huge for most people, but me...yeah...it's huge. :/
1602558782776.png

Now, bag number 2, which I made today. I love this! It came out super cute and will fit in my favorite bag (along with my wallet, which I didn't make). This one was a free pattern that I watched a video to learn how. I added the strap, because, well straps make things better. This is about 4x6x2. :D Has all the pockets! Am thinking about making another... :D
1602558887023.png

And a picture of my favorite bag....don't mind the puppy hair, that's an accessory ;-) The pattern says is 10.5"x 8" x 4" The only down side is the lack of dividers, however with my new peachy/flower bag I'll be able to have my English Paper Piecing with me and not be floating all around :D
1602558944736.png

Love your work!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1602558782776.png

1602558887023.png

1602558944736.png
WANT!!!

I've never made a bag before but I said I was going to try it considering I don't exactly have to make clothes for the dog anymore....lol I do have to finish the bucket hat I started though....

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WANT!!!

I've never made a bag before but I said I was going to try it considering I don't exactly have to make clothes for the dog anymore....lol I do have to finish the bucket hat I started though....

:D :D Go for it! I love making bags. They are so practical! On Christmas with my family, everything is in a bag that I made (in stead of wrapping, unless I'm super lazy) and they know to ask if the bag is part of the present. Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1602558782776.png

1602558887023.png

1602558944736.png

@Cozystitches, my gosh, your bags are beautiful! I'm so impressed by the workmanship, I wouldn't even know where to start. You are very talented.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches, my gosh, your bags are beautiful! I'm so impressed by the workmanship, I wouldn't even know where to start. You are very talented.

Awww, thanks! The key to convincing others you do a good job is in the photography ;-) LOL I did have to rip out a few things on both bags to fix, but I'm pleased at how they turned out....am still thinking about making another little one....love those little bags....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thanks! The key to convincing others you do a good job is in the photography ;-) LOL I did have to rip out a few things on both bags to fix, but I'm pleased at how they turned out....am still thinking about making another little one....love those little bags....

Beautiful bags @Cozystitches! Would you consider selling some? I think there would be a market for them. They are lovely and attractive and fun!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
On a cheerier note, the house is painted. It isn't a perfect job, but still quite good. Working on the yard now. IMG_20201007_154248419_HDR.jpg

It looks great! I just finished all of the painting and listed my house yesterday. I notice every little blip in the paint, but nobody else did. You’re the harshest critic.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So after weeks of work putting in new flooring, painting trim, and deep cleaning 50 times, our house hit the market yesterday.

We were planning on listing for a week and holding offers, but one couple absolutely loved it and asked if we would entertain their offer early. They offered 60k over asking price, a larger deposit, and no conditions. We decided to take it to get everything firmed up.

So we close on both houses on the same day early next month. Eeeeeee.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So after weeks of work putting in new flooring, painting trim, and deep cleaning 50 times, our house hit the market yesterday.

We were planning on listing for a week and holding offers, but one couple absolutely loved it and asked if we would entertain their offer early. They offered 60k over asking price, a larger deposit, and no conditions. We decided to take it to get everything firmed up.

Congratulations @chemgirl! Wow! 60k over the asking price is crazy! Great job!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is amazing! Congratulations!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bags @Cozystitches! Would you consider selling some? I think there would be a market for them. They are lovely and attractive and fun!

I've thought about it, but then comes my perfectionism and the idea that many people want perfect products at walmart prices. :(

FYI: If anyone is interested in the large bag I posted recently, lmk....I'd be willing to sell that one. ;-)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

:O Wow! Congrats!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need either another week or to clone myself a few times.

Since I can't have either, back at it!

Movers come in the morning to take stuff to storage. Getting storage keys picked up today. Plus finishing the packing. Ordered the new kitchen flooring for pick up on Friday. Cleaning person coming to walk through and see what we need for the first pass at cleaning. Things are getting real very quickly!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got back from the chiropractor. Apparently sitting with your legs curled up to one side for like ever isn't a great idea. My pelvis is twisted and thus causing pain. Shocking....sigh. I was feeling fine before the appt, but now am sore....which was expected, but still not fun....just wanting to whine...:boohoo:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So I’ve had a little health scare. I’m fine, but the experience prodded me into some personal changes, one of which was ‘getting off the dime’ already and buying the Apple Watch series 6, so that I’ll have the heart rate monitor, sleep data, and blood oxygen levels.

That‘s not the interesting part of the story. The part I wanted to share is that, at around 11am, I placed my order, and at 12 noon, my new watch was delivered to my front door. Seriously. I was amazed.

Cost to deliver? NINE DOLLARS.

It set itself up in about 30 seconds. I’ve measured my vitals a dozen times today. I can run the systems of my whole house, including my tv, from my wrist. As I add more devices (thermostat, light bulbs, doorbell, etc) I will become more of a robot, perhaps.

But the best bit, and the reason for finally taking the plunge, is that if something happens to me, it will dial 911 for me, and send a message to the neighbor who works from his home and has a copy of my house key (so he can open my door for paramedics), a message to my partner, to my best friend, to the animal rescue group who will rehome the cats, and to the good friend who will come pick the cats up and transport them across the bay to the rescue group for me,

$400 for the watch, $9 for one-hour delivery.

Knowing my emergency has a better chance of being managed by a team? Priceless.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite wow. First of all I’m so glad you’re ok. And second of all wow. What an amazing watch and what a great price. And delivery in one hour for $9. I love it.
I hope you enjoy your watch and that you never need the 911 service.
Be well. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@PreRaphaelite I hope you’re okay....I’m happy you have your new watch so you have peace of mind..

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sending @PreRaphaelite healing vibes.

Sounds like a bargain for the peace of mind it brings. Good on you for being responsible and making sure you and your family are taken care of in an emergency.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My husband is cooking tacos and they smell AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I'm trying not to eat much red meat, but boy does ground beef and taco seasoning smell good when its cooking!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks y’all.
The peace of mind centers around the cats, too - if the system works, their future is set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results