shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches your tattoo! :kiss2: too chicken to ever get one but thats awesome, they did great!

So I got bad news. I'm itchy. Its not covid, its mold (its in my shed :-o) and I'm highly allergic to mold. Feels like I got a freaking cold right now. I will have to remove everything and figure out what the heck to do I'm pretty sure its part of the wood frame because water has gotten in there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches your tattoo! :kiss2: too chicken to ever get one but thats awesome, they did great!

So I got bad news. I'm itchy. Its not covid, its mold (its in my shed :-o) and I'm highly allergic to mold. Feels like I got a freaking cold right now. I will have to remove everything and figure out what the heck to do I'm pretty sure its part of the wood frame because water has gotten in there.

Oh no! Can you have the shed removed and replaced with one of the rubbermaid looking things? Less nice looking, but may be less prone to mold.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Can you have the shed removed and replaced with one of the rubbermaid looking things? Less nice looking, but may be less prone to mold.

it IS one of those things...lol A wood frame was put inside of it to make it less prone to hurricane force winds...which worked for about 4 years, but, these things don't last forever down here. That last storm that we got the 30-40mph winds pushed a lot of water inside the shed. And its hot and humid here so you know what that means....ugh...

The plan is put down a new bigger pad after Hurricane season was over and have a new very hurricane proof shed in its place. For now I put a tarp over the shed until I figure out what to do.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sanity in question. 9 more days to finish packing everything going to storage. (Or, at minimum, everything on heavy furniture that has to go to storage, which is most things...) Still need to finish pressure washing the house and priming as much as I can. Rain is back Friday and we get *maybe* one last batch of good weather before the house gets listed for sale. The people who said they would help have been too busy and can't. Hoping that doesn't include the guy painting the house....

I have an estimate from another guy, but it is $$$ and would leave nothing to prep the inside with. I may do the rest of the stuff in the quote myself and have them just do the exterior paint as a last resort if it comes to that.

Also to do (yay for being sick and forgetting...) in the next few days is taxes. That shouldn't take long, but I hate sending to Howard so late.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guys painting will be here tomorrow! :appl::eek2::appl:

They want to get it done it two days. I need to finish pressure washing NOW and clear space downstairs for them to sleep. (Family friend...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome new Lexus, @missy. Love it!

Thank you! And my DH just picked it up and brought it home. Woohoo. Looks darker at night but in real life it’s a light silver.
D7835CBA-5E7F-4F2E-9F42-D7E29455B35D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guys painting will be here tomorrow! :appl::eek2::appl:

They want to get it done it two days. I need to finish pressure washing NOW and clear space downstairs for them to sleep. (Family friend...)

Good luck @TooPatient! Hope it goes well!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! So pretty @missy Much luck with it! If I were there with you, I would throw some lucky change in there a la my mom! :lol: ♥️

So y’all, my school has Covid positive cases!! :hand:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! So pretty @missy Much luck with it! If I were there with you, I would throw some lucky change in there a la my mom! :lol:

So y’all, my school has Covid positive cases!! :hand:

Oh no! What’s the plan? Please tell me they’re going to close in person schooling and continue remote learning. Please stay safe S.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy Full remote this week at least, as per DOH. :pray: Then we have a three day weekend.

Oh and my brother from FL is coming to town. :wall:No regard for Covid.:angryfire:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Noo!!!! That totally sucks about the mold! :(

FedEx you :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: the original date of delivery was Wednesday....but NOW it's Thursday! You suck! It's not the end of the world....I bought some tea....yummy, yummy tea....and I'm rationing what I have and was looking forward to drinking more....sigh....:boohoo:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy Full remote this week at least, as per DOH. :pray: Then we have a three day weekend.

Oh and my brother from FL is coming to town. :wall:No regard for Covid.:angryfire:

Stay safe! Super frustrating when others don't take it seriously and bring you extra risk.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noo!!!! That totally sucks about the mold! :(

FedEx you :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: the original date of delivery was Wednesday....but NOW it's Thursday! You suck! It's not the end of the world....I bought some tea....yummy, yummy tea....and I'm rationing what I have and was looking forward to drinking more....sigh....:boohoo:

I love a good cup of tea! I hope you have it soon.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the pressure washing done! Just the stuff that needs a ladder still to go. Maybe 1/3 of the house? Most has looked great. Got just a few patches in bad need of primer.

Just have to clean the bathrooms before they get here in the morning and try to make the downstairs room as livable as possible. Currently stacked with empty boxes and random stacks of keep/toss/donate things plus a spare couch...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The house is looking great! They were able to finish the prep work and spray today. Touch up and trim work tomorrow.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I watched the series Emily in Paris this week and learned a new French word. Ringarde. I intend to snub other people with it when they can't appreciate complex flavors in good food.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the series Emily in Paris this week and learned a new French word. Ringarde. I intend to snub other people with it when they can't appreciate complex flavors in good food.

Thanks for the recommendation! Going to check it out. :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation! Going to check it out. :)

It's a delightful brain break and features very colorful costumes, personalities, cinematography.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I shouldn't be upset because this is how it always is, but I am sad and miss what should be a relationship with my mother. Haven't heard from her in 12 days. I have texted several times during that including a beautiful antique piece I thought she would love and was available to get (free) if she wanted me to hang onto it for a few weeks until she could pick up.

In the middle of packing and prepping the house to sell. So many things I have wished I had a mom to send to for opinions. Which color on the exterior? Which railing would look best? I don't bother to send because she won't get back to me anyway.

Also kind of sad to realize that the people who would miss me first if I died or went missing (aside from DH) are online people I have never met. If something happened to DH and me at the same time, it could be weeks or months before anyone noticed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I NEED this!!

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I NEED this!!

cheers--Sharon

Beautiful! You need that so you can get lots of pictures for us all to drool over :kiss2: :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I'm so sorry you don't have a mom in your corner to go to. :cry:

as a side note, I'm happy to let you could borrow mine, but she's absolutely opinionated...lol My dad is also available and he's an ex army engineer, you can borrow him too!

Joking aside (hugs) Moving is so nerve-wracking and having the extra ear to bounce things off of makes it less crazy.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I'm so sorry you don't have a mom in your corner to go to. :cry:

as a side note, I'm happy to let you could borrow mine, but she's absolutely opinionated...lol My dad is also available and he's an ex army engineer, you can borrow him too!

Joking aside (hugs) Moving is so nerve-wracking and having the extra ear to bounce things off of makes it less crazy.

A few days with an opinionated mom might cure me :lol:

I'm hoping the bit of added craziness that comes with a very short time frame will be made up for by being in a house where we have more room and a better yard for the dogs sooner.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I shouldn't be upset because this is how it always is, but I am sad and miss what should be a relationship with my mother. Haven't heard from her in 12 days. I have texted several times during that including a beautiful antique piece I thought she would love and was available to get (free) if she wanted me to hang onto it for a few weeks until she could pick up.

In the middle of packing and prepping the house to sell. So many things I have wished I had a mom to send to for opinions. Which color on the exterior? Which railing would look best? I don't bother to send because she won't get back to me anyway.

Also kind of sad to realize that the people who would miss me first if I died or went missing (aside from DH) are online people I have never met. If something happened to DH and me at the same time, it could be weeks or months before anyone noticed.

I'm sorry @TooPatient often the relationships we wish for are different in reality from the dream. I love my mom so much but we have a challenging relationship much of the time. It is hard to bear not having the kind of relationship one wants with a loved one. Sending you gentle (((hugs))).

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, baby doggie had his surgery today, on 10/10/2020. The surgeon rescheduled his exam from Thursday to Saturday, so less customers were expected. The doggie is doing great, we will take him home after 5pm (Pacific time), no night spent in a hospital. He got his first shot in a car, then another one while lying on a stretcher.

Cat Moshka is annoying, constantly meowing and looking for his "friend". They have never been friends but I hope one day they will be. I gave Moshka a treat :D
1010200929.jpg 1010200934.jpg 1010200950.jpg IMG_3678 (2).JPG IMG_3679 (2).JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, baby doggie had his surgery today, on 10/10/2020. The surgeon rescheduled his exam from Thursday to Saturday, so less customers were expected. The doggie is doing great, we will take him home after 5pm (Pacific time), no night spent in a hospital. He got his first shot in a car, then another one while lying on a stretcher.

Cat Moshka is annoying, constantly meowing and looking for his "friend". They have never been friends but I hope one day they will be. I gave Moshka a treat :D
1010200929.jpg 1010200934.jpg 1010200950.jpg IMG_3678 (2).JPG IMG_3679 (2).JPG

Healing vibes across the miles to your family.......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results