shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Nlc920

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm really new to the forums in general, hope you don't mind me jumping in. I've gotten some awesome advice from several members on selecting a new diamond! I typically chat with a birth month group about all things, but this is pretty unique.

I'm currently (super) impatiently waiting for a video call to compare a couple diamonds for my engagement ring upgrade. Ahh I just want to see them "in person" and make a decision. In the mean time I've been browsing the threads for my fix for all things shiny.

Please let me know if this isn't the right spot to vent about waiting- I'm happy to move this elsewhere!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I'm really new to the forums in general, hope you don't mind me jumping in. I've gotten some awesome advice from several members on selecting a new diamond! I typically chat with a birth month group about all things, but this is pretty unique.

I'm currently (super) impatiently waiting for a video call to compare a couple diamonds for my engagement ring upgrade. Ahh I just want to see them "in person" and make a decision. In the mean time I've been browsing the threads for my fix for all things shiny.

Please let me know if this isn't the right spot to vent about waiting- I'm happy to move this elsewhere!

Your post is very welcome here! You might also like to look at the thread called The Two Week Club, where others discuss the wait. Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Missy! Sadly I never went there when I was kind of living there lol. Hopefully, it's not a lifelong regret and I'll get the chance again! Hopefully to see Bruce with @Daisys and Diamonds and @missy :kiss2:

We saw Joan Jett at The Stone Pony years ago. It was amazing. That was the last artist we saw there. But don’t worry. I’m sure there will be more chances. We’ll all go together. ❤️

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've misplaced my not great Akoya pearls and my tiny diamond studs, two pairs. I don't know where else to look. I'm quite sure they didn't leave the house. Well the pearls didn't. Maybe I thought the tiny diamond studs were costume and did something with them. I'm so forgetful! Sigh. Maybe I put them someplace safe, lol.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're in a drought, forest fires have started, and now we have the I-5 shooter in my area. Whoever is shooting at cars on the freeway started up north and made it to my city this week. Shot a woman on a motorcycle. First person to be hit, all other shootings damaged only cars.

How did my name revert back to my OG PS name? Lol haven’t been on here in YEARS! But this isn’t the last screen name I’ve had.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I made nanaimo bars last night for my boys. The first square last night was so sweet (I cut the sugar waaaay back too), it was pucker city. Today I ate 3 more. Somebody stop me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made nanaimo bars last night for my boys. The first square last night was so sweet (I cut the sugar waaaay back too), it was pucker city. Today I ate 3 more. Somebody stop me.

I don't know what these are but you have piqued my interest.

We're in a drought, forest fires have started, and now we have the I-5 shooter in my area. Whoever is shooting at cars on the freeway started up north and made it to my city this week. Shot a woman on a motorcycle. First person to be hit, all other shootings damaged only cars.

Ugh I'm sorry. It seems crime is up in many areas. Hope the fires get under control and they find the shooter and arrest them. Stay safe @Matata. The Twilight Zone episode continues. :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've misplaced my not great Akoya pearls and my tiny diamond studs, two pairs. I don't know where else to look. I'm quite sure they didn't leave the house. Well the pearls didn't. Maybe I thought the tiny diamond studs were costume and did something with them. I'm so forgetful! Sigh. Maybe I put them someplace safe, lol.

I hope you find them soon @lyra!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy I did find them yesterday. My daughter thought they were hers, but I know they're mine because there is one flaw in the stringing where there is a slight distance between 2 pearls. But yeah, they're not great. Still can't find the earrings. Too stressful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy I did find them yesterday. My daughter thought they were hers, but I know they're mine because there is one flaw in the stringing where there is a slight distance between 2 pearls. But yeah, they're not great. Still can't find the earrings. Too stressful!

You’ll find the earrings next! I feel it!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They've arrested a UPS driver on suspicion of being the I-5 shooter in my area. A gun found in his truck is consistent with bullet casings found from the 7 random shootings he allegedly committed. Geez.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, worried sick. Last night, right before bed, we noticed Oliver was limping. Poor Oliver. It never ends with him. So we put him in his playpen hopefully to keep him from jumping around. He doesn't seem to be in pain. But he cannot put weight on his paw. Every vet here insists on a rabies vaccination before examination. I do not want to give him the rabies vaccine due to cancer risk with the vaccine and in fact some PSers have experienced that sadly :(

This AM he ate (thank goodness) but still cannot put weight on his foot.

Praying he heals and gets better without medical intervention. And to make matters more challenging this is my sister's first vacation since last year. And she is away with her family. So unable to get her expertise or bring Oliver in to see her. And her office is a mess. Lots of changes and issues so I don't feel comfortable bringing Oliver there either (forget the 3 hour drive each way). Please, universe, let Oliver be OK.

Missy -

The rabies vaccine that our Alex lost his leg to was an older formulation. He got it at the shelter before we met him. There is a newer, more expensive formula that does not contain the adjuvant that was known to cause cancer.

How this formula is still in use despite this known risk absolutely beggars belief, and frankly gives me a whole lot of insight into ”antivaxxer” concerns - I didn’t know what questions to ask, and it’s not like any of the dozens of animal medical professionals we’d encountered ever told us there was any cause for concern... So of course I’ve become that person who demands to know every last detail and worries about what she’s not being told this time... I outright refused to vaccinate the kittens or reup Mina and Jimmy until my vet confirmed which formula would be used. Fortunately our vet is wonderful and they completely understood my fear, and I now get all the fine print I could possibly want. Our vet offered to do the kittens’ rabies in their tails - apparently it’s very painful, but it’s easier to lose a tail than a leg should something ever go wrong one day.

Long way of saying there is a rabies vaccine option that does not contain the known carcinogen, but it might not be your vet’s default so definitely ask. And don’t let anyone administer between the shoulder blades (which is where rabies used to be given) - non-critical areas only!! Rabies is now normally back right leg. And then check the injection site periodically for lumps or swelling that doesn’t dissipate (we had them shave that area so we’d know where to look). Poor Ollielove ;(

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -

The rabies vaccine that our Alex lost his leg to was an older formulation. He got it at the shelter before we met him. There is a newer, more expensive formula that does not contain the adjuvant that was known to cause cancer.

How this formula is still in use despite this known risk absolutely beggars belief, and frankly gives me a whole lot of insight into ”antivaxxer” concerns - I didn’t know what questions to ask, and it’s not like any of the dozens of animal medical professionals we’d encountered ever told us there was any cause for concern... So of course I’ve become that person who demands to know every last detail and worries about what she’s not being told this time... I outright refused to vaccinate the kittens or reup Mina and Jimmy until my vet confirmed which formula would be used. Fortunately our vet is wonderful and they completely understood my fear, and I now get all the fine print I could possibly want. Our vet offered to do the kittens’ rabies in their tails - apparently it’s very painful, but it’s easier to lose a tail than a leg should something ever go wrong one day.

Long way of saying there is a rabies vaccine option that does not contain the known carcinogen, but it might not be your vet’s default so definitely ask. And don’t let anyone administer between the shoulder blades (which is where rabies used to be given) - non-critical areas only!! Rabies is now normally back right leg. And then check the injection site periodically for lumps or swelling that doesn’t dissipate (we had them shave that area so we’d know where to look). Poor Ollielove ;(

Thank you @yssie I appreciate the info. You and @TooPatient have been quite helpful. Fortunately sweet little Oliver seems back to "normal" so whew about that. They rough house so much I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another sprain but we are now armed with more knowledge thanks to you and B and I will be ready should we need to bring him to one of the veterinarians here. One of my biggest issues is the vets here seem less than competent so that was another reason we did not want to bring him. I must find a vet around here that is competent. I have a few leads.

Ollie says thank you!

@yssie
How are your sweet little ones?

Happy Caturday Saturday all.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 6.02.21 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they may be hanging out with my beautiful green tourmaline and my two diamond wedding bands, if you find them, let me know.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek Still haven't found my diamond earrings. I feel like I'm just throwing things out or something. I hope you find your things!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@lyra I think the fact that you lost both of the studs is actually a good sign. It means you put them somewhere to be safe and out of the way. It’s not like you only lost one...I’ve found things that I lost in very weird places...I’m hopeful you will find them!

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I think you're right, but it's actually 2 pairs of diamond studs. Thank you. I had been wanting to give them to my daughters.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I think you're right, but it's actually 2 pairs of diamond studs. Thank you. I had been wanting to give them to my daughters.

Did you have guests over your house where you felt you had to hide them? If you did...pretend to hide them again. I’ve done that and found things I hid that way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just put on a pile of jewellery to vacuum. Take that popcorn husks!!!:P2

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I just put on a pile of jewellery to vacuum. Take that popcorn husks!!!:P2

cheers--Sharon

Haha..Sharon..I’m sitting in my pjs with diamond studs with jackets...diamond bracelet and rings. Where else are we going to wear our bling with this dang virus hanging around?!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha..Sharon..I’m sitting in my pjs with diamond studs with jackets...diamond bracelet and rings. Where else are we going to wear our bling with this dang virus hanging around?!

NO kidding! It feels very posh..... :)

cheers--Sharon

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cooking dishes I’ve never made before. They don’t always turn out well, but I find it very satisfying to pick up new skills like cleaning live abalone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @yssie I appreciate the info. You and @TooPatient have been quite helpful. Fortunately sweet little Oliver seems back to "normal" so whew about that. They rough house so much I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another sprain but we are now armed with more knowledge thanks to you and B and I will be ready should we need to bring him to one of the veterinarians here. One of my biggest issues is the vets here seem less than competent so that was another reason we did not want to bring him. I must find a vet around here that is competent. I have a few leads.

Ollie says thank you!

@yssie
How are your sweet little ones?

Happy Caturday Saturday all.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 6.02.21 AM.png

So glad he’s doing better!! :love:

I always giggle when I see pics of G holding the kitties like this ::) O thinking about struggling, G just limp - but I’ve seen video of them at dinnertime and I know better than to trust her supposed composure :bigsmile:

All of ours are doing well!! It has been two months of relative calm on the animal front. Garett’s stomach has calmed so much on the chemo and prednisone - and he’s gained almost a pound!! Very, very happy with how his medication is treating him:appl:

Alyssum - the larger baby - is now too big to fit under the door to MY (fur-free) bedroom... And Ren isn’t interested in going places her sister can’t, so it’s safe to lay jewellery and clothes out again!! I’m SO glad to be past the kitten invasion stage and have my bedroom back :lol:

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to randomly say that I hate getting emails from the trump campaign.
The last one said that Biden was picked by China to run against trump.
How does that work?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to randomly say that I hate getting emails from the trump campaign.
The last one said that Biden was picked by China to run against trump.
How does that work?!

Oh my gosh, I would not find that pleasant at all.
Maybe Greg protects me from that because I don't see any Trump mail.
Thank goodness!

mailneverstops.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my dh so much. He’s cutting up onions to grill them for me. And to protect his eyes from burning he’s wearing his ski goggles. Love this man so much. ❤️

512D28D9-CA0B-4422-9C88-0292B2C8E64A.jpeg

7C834468-F203-4BE8-831B-CE78FBD0162A.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to monopolize this thread these past 2 days. But I have to give accolades once again to my dh who took apart my extra Precor treadmill just now (3 hours) and moved the other one to where the original one was. All to make room for my newest exercise equipment. My weight machine is getting delivered tomorrow morning woohoo. Very excited.

004E81AA-41E8-4703-BD8D-3B0D04E00F80.jpeg D805301A-7209-4F7E-95A9-1450DF97B0B2.jpeg

And the space where it’s going to be placed.

CD87D627-18E9-4FB6-9267-511B59AE503B.jpeg

Newer treadmill in new position in room.

894C5CD7-4191-44F1-ACB3-B28C04B7ED94.jpeg

What my new machine looks like.

9C20F896-0513-48D1-9F40-DB560DA6B6F9.jpeg

Can you tell I’m excited? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results