carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PEMDAS @missy this is my jam.
So unless there is a hidden symbol in here (which some of these are wont to do) the order of operations is Parenthesis, Exponents, *Multiplication/Division, *Addition/Subtraction

I don’t know how to add a spoiler alert so I will refrain from answering beyond my hint.

*whichever comes first left to right.

Thanks!
To add a spoiler add brackets [spoiler ] then the answer and then [/spoiler ]. Easy peasy. No spaces with the brackets and spoiler. I just added them so it wouldn’t be hidden beneath the spoiler.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!
To add a spoiler add brackets
then the answer and then
. Easy peasy.

[ These brackets? ]

ETA well those didn’t work

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36 times 9 is 324 and 324 plus 9 is 333.

Love it. More please. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[ These brackets? ]

ETA well those didn’t work

Yes those brackets. No spaces. I added spaces so the process wouldn’t be hidden from view.

Your tip re PEMDAS did it for me. Thanks. I don’t remember that from school. Thank you ❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy ! Testing below.

[Missy is wonderful]

Didn’t work! :lol: I may be technologically challenged. I am walking right now though so...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy ! Testing below.

[Missy is wonderful]

:lol: I may be technologically challenged. I am walking right now though so...

Lol. Not wonderful enough to help you. You helped me and I want to make this work for you. I’m explaining it wrong I think. So put the brackets around the word spoiler. Like so [spoiler ]. Then add the answer. Then put brackets around the word spoiler but this time add /. So [/spoiler ]. At the end of the answer. So spoiler is at the beginning and end with brackets. Only difference at end is /. No spaces re the brackets spoiler combos.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
am walking right now though so...

Happy you’re walking! It’s raining again today so no cycling. Still water logged from yesterday’s cycling adventure lol. But we’re going walking soon. Don’t mind getting wet while walking. No bike maintenance involved. Enjoy!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. Not wonderful enough to help you. You helped me and I want to make this work for you. I’m explaining it wrong I think. So put the brackets around the word spoiler. Like so [spoiler ]. Then add the answer. Then put brackets around the word spoiler but this time add /. So [/spoiler ]. At the end of the answer. So spoiler is at the beginning and end with brackets. Only difference at end is /. No spaces re the brackets spoiler combos.

Ahh. I think I understand. Here’s another attempt and more threadjacking. Sorry all!

Yay it works. Thank you Missy ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh. I think I understand. Here’s another attempt and more threadjacking. Sorry all!

Yay it works. Thank you Missy ❤️

F13EAE33-E585-4FF8-B819-A23730D0D373.jpeg

❤️❤️❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is random comments thread. Hijacking isn’t possible lol. :)
❤️❤️❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy you’re walking! It’s raining again today so no cycling. Still water logged from yesterday’s cycling adventure lol. But we’re going walking soon. Don’t mind getting wet while walking. No bike maintenance involved. Enjoy!

It worked. Thank you so much @missy ! It’s pretty soupy out. Have a nice walk!! Getting my first haircut since November today’s with J.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun @Slick1 . A haircut sounds wonderful right about now!!!

Thank you!! Waiting outside now to go in. Not sure how the mask thing will work out. I’ll check back in later. :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Slick1. I want to hear all about it. I’m trying to work myself up to feeling like it’s safe enough to go. Have fun today!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sent the pictures of what I want the tattoo artist! Man, I had to pare down from 144 ideas...to FOUR. Well, of course I couldn't, but did get it down to 8 (but they were grouped into similarities). Now to see what she says. Will it be do-able (I'm covering up a 24 year old tatt)? What will the cost be??? And (most importantly) what will hubbs say? I know that's not a popular statement, however my hubs DETESTS tattoos and I want to be respectful. I'm really not happy with my current tattoo, esp now that I've taken pictures of it. It just looks awful :(sad

I'm excited with the possibilities of the change!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It worked. Thank you so much @missy ! It’s pretty soupy out. Have a nice walk!! Getting my first haircut since November today’s with J.

Thank you!! Waiting outside now to go in. Not sure how the mask thing will work out. I’ll check back in later. :)

Hope it went well @Slick1 and you and J love your new dos .
When Greg went for his haircut he just kept the mask over his ears and it went OK. He never removed his mask and neither did the barber.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent the pictures of what I want the tattoo artist! Man, I had to pare down from 144 ideas...to FOUR. Well, of course I couldn't, but did get it down to 8 (but they were grouped into similarities). Now to see what she says. Will it be do-able (I'm covering up a 24 year old tatt)? What will the cost be??? And (most importantly) what will hubbs say? I know that's not a popular statement, however my hubs DETESTS tattoos and I want to be respectful. I'm really not happy with my current tattoo, esp now that I've taken pictures of it. It just looks awful :(sad

I'm excited with the possibilities of the change!

Hope it works out just like you want it to @Cozystitches!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the second guess was MORE correct, 459 :confused:

No, it goes like this.

SPOILER for those who don't want to see the answer and how it was worked out.

mathproblem.jpg

So the top row is 9 plus 9 plus 3
Second row is (add up the numbers in the display) 10 plus 10 plus 10
Last row is each dash is 3 so 15 plus 15 minus 15.

Go to the math problem now.
9 plus 9 times 36
So it's 36 times 9 and then you add 9 for a total of 333. Hope that makes sense @Musia !

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
No, it goes like this.

SPOILER for those who don't want to see the answer and how it was worked out.

mathproblem.jpg

So the top row is 9 plus 9 plus 3
Second row is (add up the numbers in the display) 10 plus 10 plus 10
Last row is each dash is 3 so 15 plus 15 minus 15.

Go to the math problem now.
9 plus 9 times 36
So it's 36 times 9 and then you add 9 for a total of 333. Hope that makes sense @Musia !

I am lost and dying to know the correct answer, please @mellowyellowgirl ;(

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake All went well! We went in one at a time. Masks on us both the entire time. Hair is so so happy and so am I!

@missy wait! The times on the clock faces are important? Oh boy...I hate these things. So deceptive...J and I love our hair cuts! We both needed it so bad (since the wedding last year!)! So happy we went.
Carry on with the math fun :)

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I feel a bit down atm :(, nothing serious, but still.

I decided a while ago to change career path and studied maths and physics to be eligible to apply for med school. My way in is by taking a test similar to your SAT's, I'm close but not there yet.
I applied to become a dentist (a childhood dream) just for the sake of it and got admitted. I've been pondering for weeks and had to decide today and declined. I didn't expect to feel this low but I just want to try to reach my current dream if I can, if not I'll apply to become a dentist once more and hope that it will work out.

Thanks for reading.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel a bit down atm :(, nothing serious, but still.

I decided a while ago to change career path and studied maths and physics to be eligible to apply for med school. My way in is by taking a test similar to your SAT's, I'm close but not there yet.
I applied to become a dentist (a childhood dream) just for the sake of it and got admitted. I've been pondering for weeks and had to decide today and declined. I didn't expect to feel this low but I just want to try to reach my current dream if I can, if not I'll apply to become a dentist once more and hope that it will work out.

Thanks for reading.

I'm sorry @muesli and see what happens. Like you said you can reapply at a later date if your other dream isn't realized. It's a good dilemma to have. 2 pretty great career paths. Good luck! And (((hugs))). Your dream path will be realized. The question is which dream. Take your time and see what materializes and what feels right to you.

ETA: My dad was a dentist and my uncle (mom's brother) was a periodontist. My uncle loved his career so much that he still teaches at Columbia Dental School.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy wait! The times on the clock faces are important? Oh boy...I hate these things. So deceptive...J and I love our hair cuts! We both needed it so bad (since the wedding last year!)! So happy we went.
Carry on with the math fun :)

Yay! Glad the hair appointment went well. Safe and beautiful. Perfect combo.
Yes the time on the clock is the number. Since you have to find a way to have it add up to 21 that was the only thing that made sense.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results