shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @TooPatient . We faced a situation once with our big dog where they wanted to leave him alone all night with just hydration, and us not knowing whether he was going to live. I took him home and stayed beside him all night giving him water in my hands. I just didn't want him to be alone. I think whatever you choose is right for you. Take care.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting out a rainstorm on the bike. Rain doesn’t scare us but we’re not fans of thunder and lightning and that’s what’s happening now.

5862DA52-074F-47CB-BDC7-A5F5B35DCF0D.jpeg

D91902E3-3BD6-41D6-9A8A-E86B7C0A772C.jpeg

F8A9162A-4615-42D0-B6B2-BCFD76ADF186.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh @TooPatient I am sending healing vibes across the miles. Hoping those fluids go a long way.

kind regards--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shout out NIRDI's.:wavey:

Work, is well, work. And lots of it. Raining out, so it is just as well I can't cycle--get some $$ instead.

Lots of pet sadness here (and with my own family) and that makes me a little grumpy.

Off to make supper. Ugh. LOL

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We said goodbye to Odo this morning. He had a comfortable night of snuggles, but was clearly declining. After speaking with several different vets, I feel we made the only choice we could for him. Even with extreme measures, he would have had less than 50% chance and that would have only delayed things by some days or weeks. Maybe a few months if really lucky.

He passed peacefully at home with the help of a sweet vet who gave him an exam one last time to see if we were missing any options. The whole thing was peaceful and as nice as such a thing could be. The other animals came out to see him after and gave goodbye sniffs. We're taking him to the crematorium we have used before. They are very professional and caring. We're getting ink prints of his paws plus a stone engraved with his name and his paw print.

IMG_20200709_014157366.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the things I miss doing during the pandemic is going out to breakfast. My favorite indulgence is waffles and crispy bacon. This morning I decided to make the stuff myself. Happy anticipation. Alas, the bacon was spoiled. Still keeping a positive outlook, I made the waffle batter. When I scrapped down the bowl, I put the beater in the sink where it fell over, beaters straight up in the air, turned itself on, and proceeded to fling batter all over the kitchen and onto 3 cats. The cats proceeded to run amok through the house dropping globs of batter everywhere. Still keeping a positive outlook, I poured the batter into the pre-heated waffle maker and waited for the resulting crispy and golden on the outside, fluffy on the inside squares of delight. What I got were dark brown floppy spongy squares that looked like the starring creatures in a horror flick. No longer able to keep a positive attitude, everything went into the garbage including the waffle maker. I miss going out to breakfast.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We said goodbye to Odo this morning. He had a comfortable night of snuggles, but was clearly declining. After speaking with several different vets, I feel we made the only choice we could for him. Even with extreme measures, he would have had less than 50% chance and that would have only delayed things by some days or weeks. Maybe a few months if really lucky.

He passed peacefully at home with the help of a sweet vet who gave him an exam one last time to see if we were missing any options. The whole thing was peaceful and as nice as such a thing could be. The other animals came out to see him after and gave goodbye sniffs. We're taking him to the crematorium we have used before. They are very professional and caring. We're getting ink prints of his paws plus a stone engraved with his name and his paw print.

@TooPatient, oh no, I'm so sorry. What a beautiful kitty. I know how hard the loss of a furbaby is and I wish you comfort and peace. (((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@TooPatient I am so sorry. I am glad he was at home and it was peaceful. Sending you gentle hugs and comforting thoughts. You gave him the most wonderful life and did all you could and now you gave him the ultimate gift of peace. {{{Hugs}}}.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra I just read you aren't feeling well. I am sending you bucketloads of healing dust and well wishes. And gentle (((hugs))). Feel better!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

You are such a wonderful pet owner. I’m sorry for your loss.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, so sorry you had to say goodbye to Odo. Sounds like you gave him the best sending-off possible after he enjoyed a wonderful life with you.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I got a call this morning that one of my former foster cats has died.

This is the third cat I have had the honor of rescuing who has passed away. Of the fifteen I fostered, twelve are still enjoying their beautiful new homes today. I’m still in touch with the families of them all. But I have never let go of them in my heart.

8F5EF2A7-EEBD-46B3-BF1C-C5D4831ECD46.jpeg
She was lovely and beautiful and sweet and I regret letting her go to her new home. I’ve regretted it every day for a year now since she was adopted. Her new mom was wonderful though. And is now completely devastated of course.

BF2AD652-6097-4FDD-B0DC-8BC10D2FD9B0.jpeg
Her name was Daphne. She was special. And I should have kept her.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the third cat I have had the honor of rescuing who has passed away. Of the fifteen I fostered, twe’ve are still enjoying their beautiful new homes today. I’m still in touch with the families of them all. I have never let go of them in my heart.

She was lovely and beautiful and sweet and I regret letting her go to her new home. I’ve regretted it every day for a year now since she was adopted. Her new mom was wonderful though. And is now completely devastated of course.

I am so sorry for your loss @PreRaphaelite. :(
They always take a piece of our hearts with them.
Luckily our ability to love them is infinite.
Sending you gentle hugs.

Please don't beat yourself up. You did the best for her (as you do for all of them) you could. If only we could keep them all. You are awesome.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss @PreRaphaelite. :(
They always take a piece of our hearts with them.
Luckily our ability to love them is infinite.
Sending you gentle hugs.

Please don't beat yourself up. You did the best for her (as you do for all of them) you could. If only we could keep them all. You are awesome.

Thank you. I feel like she was just here next to me and has briefly left the room and will be back. But of course she won’t.

And now I have to tell my partner when he gets home, and there will be anguish because she was his favorite and he tried so hard to convince me to keep her. He was right, and I was wrong, and we both know it, and I will have to tell him she’s gone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I feel like she was just here next to me and has briefly left the room and will be back. But of course she won’t.

And now I have to tell my partner when he gets home, and there will be anguish because she was his favorite and he tried so hard to convince me to keep her. He was right, and I was wrong, and we both know it, and I will have to tell him she’s gone.

You just couldn't have known. None of us have a crystal ball. I am so sorry for your pain. I understand it. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. All the good you do for all the animals you foster. You have to hold onto that and know you make a difference in each one of their lives.

You cannot predict the future. I don't know the details (and maybe I am afraid to have you share them just because my empathy is too strong and I am not sure I can handle something super bad right now) but you cannot know she would not have met the same fate a different way with you guys. You just cannot know.

I have beat myself up many times over our furry family members illnesses and deaths. Did we cause it? Did we use too many chemicals cleaning the house, etc. Could I have fed them better food to have kept them healthier longer? If we didn't adopt Oliver would Fred still be alive now? Would Tommy be sick now? I mean the list goes on and on and on.

Do not do that to yourself. You gave her safety and a loving home and found her a furever home you thought would be a great home. Please know you have saved and helped so many animals. Take some comfort in that you are doing the best you can do which is more than most people do.

Daphne is at Rainbow Bridge now. At peace.

(((HUGS))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@I'm so sorry @PreRaphaelite. I know it's really hard. Please try not to feel badly. You made what you felt was the right decision at the time, and I'm sure you had valid reasons so try not to second guess yourself. You do so much good and have helped so many animals. I hope remembering that Daphne was much loved brings you some comfort. I understand your sadness and I know you will miss her very much. Please take care and be kind to yourself. <3

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the third cat I have had the honor of rescuing who has passed away. Of the fifteen I fostered, twelve are still enjoying their beautiful new homes today. I’m still in touch with the families of them all. But I have never let go of them in my heart.

What a beautiful girl! I'm sorry for your loss. She may not have stayed in your home, but it is clear she was still part of your family. Sending you hugs.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient and @PreRaphaelite. Condolences and gentle hugs to both of you. @TooPatient, it's wonderful that Odo's last moments were not only spent receiving love but that he could pass in the peace and safety of his home and in the arms of his loved ones.

@PreRaphaelite, It's wonderful that the the families that adopted your fosters stay in touch. Even though you grieve over the loss of Daphne, I hope you take comfort that you gave her a great start in life and the opportunity to be safe and to be loved.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, @PreRaphaelite - I'm so very sorry for your losses :(sad

We just lost another one of ours. We knew she was declining, but we were hopeful... It's been a long few days.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, @PreRaphaelite, @yssie: oh, gracious.......I'm so, so sorry. So many hearts aching tonight. :cry: I have no comforting magic....I only wish I did. Like missy, I totally get all the second-guessing about every decision - been there, done that for sure. Yet, to me looking in on each of you, I'm utterly convinced each of you did your very best, and that each of your beloveds lived a wonderful life and have each of you to thank for that.

Now shall we all raise a glass to toast that HUGE welcome soiree they're having at the Rainbow Bridge tonight? With extra tuna all around.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I am so sorry. It never gets easier and it is a deep heart and gut wrenching pain. {{{Hugs}}}.

neverbeapart.jpg

Deep grief is the price we pay for great love.
As Winnie the Pooh said and I am paraphrasing...how lucky I am I to have someone I love so much that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Rest in peace dear little one.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To Too Patient, yssie, and PreRaphaelite,

I am sorry for all your losses. Each one is heart wrenching. When I lost my last dog (a big, sweet Newfoundland named Griffin) I had to tell the breeder who had had him for the first year of his life. I felt a lot of guilt about the way he died. I felt I should have noticed something wrong earlier. She said to me that losing a pet is always hard. That is what I am thinking now. Each of your losses is different, but there is always pain and always a wish that it could be different.

My heart goes out to each of you.

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results