shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I am thinking of you and hope you and your family are doing OK. Hope you have a good time with your company today.

And RW would be too good for them as it really only is devastating in cats in multicat households and perhaps other animals. Too easily treated in humans so we have to think of a better blight against your criminals. How about Necrotizing fasciitis aka flesh eating bacteria for those awful horrible criminals?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your well wishes, @missy !

We're fine, kids are surprisingly cool about it. Washed everything washable and disinfected everything else.

I actually have GREAT news: they tossed my ACC and my pearl and ACC brooch before leaving the house!!!!
We found those in the worst chaos in our study. They only kept yellow gold pieces (lots of heavy stuff , unfortunately) and a Tiffany charm (engraved, as lots of other items too) and my cartier tank solo plus the LV bag and the food....

Hoping for a cooperative insurance.
Low hopes they'll catch them, but will keep scanning reselling sites for my bag and watch

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We're fine, kids are surprisingly cool about it. Washed everything washable and disinfected everything else.

I actually have GREAT news: they tossed my ACC and my pearl and ACC brooch before leaving the house!!!!
We found those in the worst chaos in our study. They only kept yellow gold pieces (lots of heavy stuff , unfortunately) and a Tiffany charm (engraved, as lots of other items too) and my cartier tank solo plus the LV bag and the food....

Low hopes they'll catch them, but will keep scanning reselling sites for my bag and watch

I'm glad things are going as well as can be expected and everyone, including the children, are doing ok. So great that you found a few valuable pieces! Would be so great if these people could be apprehended, or if some of your things were found. Sending you and your family comfort @kipari and I hope you can enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!!! That is GREAT news! How crazy and stupid of them and wonderful for you!!!

I'm still hopeful they'll catch them. But whether or not they're caught - they've got ED to look forward to...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! That is GREAT news! How crazy and stupid of them and wonderful for you!!!

I'm still hopeful they'll catch them. But whether or not they're caught - they've got ED to look forward to...

I am happy for your recovery Kipari! Still very sorry you've that lived experience...they are ugly and horrid people and the universe doesn't forget those things....lingering fungus, ED, at the very least!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat is in kidney failure.
He’s not going to recover. I kept thinking he might, if he just ate, once the meds kicked in.
We have a 2:15 appointment today to say goodbye.
Four and a half hours more.
He’s seventeen. We brought him home just six months ago.
He’s the most mellow, laid back cat I’ve ever met.
He’s sleeping right now. For the last couple of days that’s pretty much all he’s wanted to do - just sleep. Preferably on a bathrobe-clad lap.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He’s not going to recover. I kept thinking he might, if he just ate, once the meds kicked in.
He’s sleeping right now. For the last couple of days that’s pretty much all he’s wanted to do - just sleep. Preferably on a bathrobe-clad lap.

I’m so sorry yssie. Heartbreaking losing our beloved furry family members. :(
You are giving him the greatest gift of all. Peace when everything you could do has been done. He knows love and security and comfort. I hope that brings you some measure of comfort and peace. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending love and gentle hugs.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry,@yssie virtual hugs to you! It's wonderful that he was able to live six wonderful months with you

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@yssie, I am so very sorry. So very hard to make this call and say goodbye and I hope the knowledge that you're doing the right thing will bring you some small measure of comfort. It's the only thing that saw me through my recent loss. You're doing the kindest thing for him. My heart is heavy for you and I'm keeping you in my thoughts today. <3

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @yssie I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Hugs)) @yssie I will keep you and your fur baby in my thoughts today. I’m so sorry for you...it never is easy, no matter the age. Take comfort in knowing you gave your beloved pet the best end of life care and love.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random thought of the day...

Is it creepy that when I see a preloved ring for sale, I often recognize the finger or piece and, therefore, know the size of the ring/owner?
I will pass right by the eternities for sale by PSers who I know have tiny fingers. :lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@yssie - I am so sorry. I am sure you gave him the best 6 months of his entire life.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh @yssie I am sorry. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss @yssie .

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Baby Yoda! :))

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Where is Dancing Fire?

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much - I so appreciate everyone’s thoughts. It’s been a really rough couple of days without him... the place seems so empty. This is the day we brought him home :( really big fellow with giant soul-searching eyes and a fabulous whisker grid, as DH calls it -

CF9A8596-D00C-4906-94FB-F800DFDE4474.jpeg

Last edited:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just canceled my haircut w/my stylist of several years :shock:...and made an appointment at a new one. :eek2: How silly is it that I'm nervous? I'm nervous that my hair will look like crap, I'm nervous that my old stylist will be all upset....sigh....I realize this is very trivial compared to what other people are going through (hugs to you all)....sigh...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. My primary care doctor went on vacation over the holidays and decided to stop practicing medicine. There was a letter from the clinic waiting for me in the mail when I got back from New Years vacay. She was a great doctor blending traditional and non traditional medicine. Left all her patients and the clinic in disarray. Now I'm searching for a new doc and although we have thousands where I live, not many that I'm interested in are taking new patients. Double phooey.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , my doc retired last year and foisted me on a brand new out of school doctor. It was a hard transition. I have an appt. in a couple of weeks and he's going to slap my hands I'm sure. The weird thing is I've seen his dad, who is my urologist. Ugh. It's hard being treated like you're old instead of as a peer. IMO, YMMV. I've seen this doc several times already, but he's never available when I need to see him.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches I just did this myself. I'm trying to grow out a pixie, and my schedule was absolutely not matching up with my usual stylist. Plus, she's pregnant for the first time, and I think she's almost 40 now, so not an easy pregnancy for her. So, I think I see her changing her schedule in the near future. At the very least there will be a maternity leave. I figure now is as good a time as any to try making a change. I've been with her at least 10 years; maybe closer to 15. I've felt so comfortable with her. She knows all my crazy quirks, both with hair and personality, as well as is very familiar with my anxiety issues. But, I think between her life changes and the fact that I'm looking to do something more interesting with my hair means now is a good time to switch. I figure if she stays in the business and I can't find anyone new I can always go back. But it is scary to switch. And I do have plenty of other bigger fish to fry in my life, but this is still frightening.

@Matata I just received that same type of letter in September, and I couldn't have been more bummed. My doctor was one of those who actually sat down in the room and took the time to listen. She was very thorough, and she was willing to try different things with me or look into testing that I would ask for if she felt it was warranted. So, in the letter her patients got the names of four other doctors to try. I went to the one I picked for the first time in October. This guy was the polar opposite of her. He obviously couldn't wait to get out of there (I was one of the last appointments of the day). I also asked him about some perimenopausal symptoms I felt I was having. He literally just said to me, "I don't know anything about that". Not, "Can I refer you to an OBGYN?" or "Let me do some research and get back to you". It was just obvious that he didn't care to persue it any further, and I would be on my own. Oh, and he also seemed to be quite dismissive because of my weight. I'm not saying he was wrong to point it out, but that wasn't even close to one of the things I needed to discuss that day, and we had zero relationship at that point. So, it looks like I'm going to have to try again with someone else. Good doctors are soooo hard to find, and I hate this having to start all over. I feel your frustration, and I hope you can find someone who fits with you.

@yssie There are no words. He looked like a fine, handsome fellow, and I am so sorry for your loss. I hope better days are ahead for you soon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much - I so appreciate everyone’s thoughts. It’s been a really rough couple of days without him... the place seems so empty. This is the day we brought him home :( really big fellow with giant soul-searching eyes and a fabulous whisker grid, as DH calls it -

CF9A8596-D00C-4906-94FB-F800DFDE4474.jpeg

I'm so sorry @yssie, what a beautiful boy. Such an awful experience. Sending love and comfort to you and dh. OX

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought a NEST candle. I hate to be candle disappointed..let this be the brand!

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought a NEST candle. I hate to be candle disappointed..let this be the brand!

cheers--Sharon

Uhhhh, suspense! keep me posted... fellow candle addict here
Disappointed so far in :
- Prada iris candle - utterly horrible wick. According to sa : yes, it's supposed to only burn about half (hole in the middle )for 159€ rolleyes

-amouage : seriously? No throw at that price point??

Ok:
-cire trudon.. good but not a lot of throw, some scents are noy cup of tea
-Jo Malone.. often bery floral or fresh
-Diptyque ..bit boring

Great
-Ormonde Jayne

Best value for money:

-Park's

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhhh, suspense! keep me posted... fellow candle addict here
Disappointed so far in :
- Prada iris candle - utterly horrible wick. According to sa : yes, it's supposed to only burn about half (hole in the middle )for 159€ rolleyes

-amouage : seriously? No throw at that price point??

Ok:
-cire trudon.. good but not a lot of throw, some scents are noy cup of tea
-Jo Malone.. often bery floral or fresh
-Diptyque ..bit boring

Great
-Ormonde Jayne

Best value for money:

-Park's

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know Parks. I like Diptyque cuz they burn right down--none of that crappy wick burn leave half the wax garbage.

So far the candle is performing :) Very fragrant and pretty vessel. My DH commented positively!

cheers--Sharon

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Home from my haircut. Had a great experience, she was quite knowledgeable. One of my issues is stylist styling...it never turns out well. It was scary to watch her dry cut my hair, but it was neat to see the shape take hold. :) I am considering other products, but will see how my hair likes the cut. :) 1578164707275.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results